RivaTuner 2.03

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by MIG-31, Aug 27, 2007.

1. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

Download: Fileforum
    Freeware.
    RivaTuner is a powerful tweaking utility for NVIDIA based cards. All series of Detonator drivers have a lot of undocumented registry entries. Some of them don't affect anything, but some are very useful. In general they cannot give you big performance boots but they can improve image quality and solve some compatibility problems. This utility will help you to change all undocumented registry entries.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2007
  2. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

excellent, great app. I use it on vista 64bit to clock GFX. only app that works well.

3. Lelisevis

Lelisevis Howlin at the moon

Only tool I use for overclocking the GTS and monitoring the temps. Thanks for the heads up, cant recommend this enough.

4. HardwareHeaven

Worth pointing out , that it allows the installation of beta drivers on vista 64bit as well, as it turns off the driver signing.

5. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

Love this program, though I'm confused why it always shows my GPU fan at 100% for each mode that doesn't seem right.

6. Master Shake

Master Shake New Member

Can you overclock in Vista with this thing?

7. HardwareHeaven

yes, its the only app I could get to overclock the 8800 series, and it helps when you want to install beta drivers in 64bit vista as microsoft have this driver signing regime in place. rivatuner disables that.

You can also set in place auto under/overclocks on boot up as well as fan control.

Really is an excellent tool, have to say - only downside is, its a little offputing for some people as the interface is a little complex in places.

8. Lelisevis

Just noticed I have a quite poorly drawn RivaTuner screen on my Logitech G15. Never seen that before. Wonder if it'll show temps or clocks. Gonna have a play see what it does unless anyone already knows?

9. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Question, I have one version installed that is 2 releases old. I use it just to have the fans at appropriate speeds. If I want to install a newer version, do I have to uninstall the previous one or can I install on top?

10. Lelisevis

Install on top. You'll have to stop it running first by exiting in the start bar then run install and it carries all of your settings across. You'll get to warnings but this is just Riva tuner correcting the links to the new install.

11. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Exiting in the start bar? I don't have it in the systray if that is what you mean.

12. Lelisevis

LOL the systray is what I meant, it's 1am here cut me some slack:lol:. I better add this is only relevant if you have it load on start up. Guess the point im trying to make is it will not allow you to install if Rivatuner is running.