RPG recommendations

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Asmodeus, Sep 1, 2006.

1. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

I was wondering what RPG's for the PC you guys might reccomend for someone just getting into the genre? Any new ones on your waiting for?

I have Oblivion so dont include that.

2. Vikingod

Vikingod Int'l Fish Liaison

I actually like Gothic 2, you could pick it up for cheap. I'm playing world of warcraft now, and I love it. Let me know if you would like an invite for 10 days.

3. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

TitanQuest? Heard it was alright just a little derivative.

4. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Fallout series, Arcanum, Temple of Elemental Evil, Vampire Masquerade (with the patches) (guess what is my favourite developing team for RPGs).

5. Markius

Markius New Member

most of the games listed here are good, also, morrowind, baldurs gate 1 and 2, knights of the old republic 1 and 2 are also a few other good ones from the top of my head

6. @/2ct!<

@/2ct!< New Member

waiting for nwn 2

7. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Is playing the first one with all the exspansions going to be a must before playing this one or is it going to be an all new story line?

8. technonerd

technonerd New Member

Baldur's Gate, Planscape:Torment, Utima IV,NWN, Titan Quest, Icewind Dale II, and Kotor.

9. ViP3RH3LL

ViP3RH3LL New Member

Ultima Ascension 9 was a good game, but kind of old now. I still like it alot, Icewind Dale 2 is pretty good, never played any of the baldur's Gate games, the baldur's Gate 2 looks cool though, and of course NWN. Good Pick's Techno.

10. digerati

digerati Everyones life has worth

Although it's a bit buggy. Grandia 2 was released for the PC.

11. WhO_KnOwS

WhO_KnOwS The Knows Mister

It shouldn't be necessary to play the original NWN with the expansions, but I'm willing to bet that NWN2 will have a lot of hidden references to the original game.

12. Mazuko

Mazuko Well-Known Member

Some of my personal favorites have been: Baldurs Gate 1 w/ the Tales of the Sword Coast Expansion, Baldurs Gate 2, Icewind Dale and Ice Wind Dale 2, Planescape: Torment (just don't forget some stupid round orb before you go to the third world or your screwed), Fallout 1 + 2 were pretty decent, they did release FF7 for PC but if you get this download the high rez pack (there is a topic in this forum somewhere about it), finally the original Morrowind and it's 2 expansions, and finally Septerra Core it's a very original game that looks marvelous and has a very different kind of story line.

13. @/2ct!<

@/2ct!< New Member

I would expect no previous playing of Nwn would be required, since it and its expansions each had independent story arcs.

14. ViP3RH3LL

ViP3RH3LL New Member

Septerra Core is one I have never heard of. I'm going to check out some reviews on it and see if it is my kind of taste.

15. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Not to mention the thousands of player made modules to along with that. So much so that you could play NWN for years without running out of new ones to play.

Neverwinter Nights, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2, Planescape: Torment, Diablo series, Baldurs Gate series, and Icewind Dale series are all staple games of the genre. Also of note would be Dungeon Siege series, Fable, Arcanum, Sacred, NOX, Titan's Quest, and The Elder Scrolls series (if you like Oblivion then you might want to check out it's predecesor, Morrowind).

16. Matth

Matth Flash Banner Hater

Was going to try a few of the free ones, but it's hard to find ones that are not infected with gameguard.

Looking at all the aggravations with Nprotect gameguard, all the programs it can object to, the rootkit-like way it runs in the background and the reported (unknown if fixed) vulnerabilities, I would not have anything that uses it on my system.