Russia Beslan

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by DirtyRussian, Sep 6, 2004.

1. DirtyRussian

DirtyRussian New Member

I don't know if anyone was following the developments in town of Beslan, Russian. I sure have. I suppose i am sad and dissapointed, and somewhat angry at the whole thing:

The russian military fucked up.
    The russian presedend and ministers are mute.
    The whole country is in uproar.

But the f*ckin terrorists, god damn, those were just kids!! for cryin out loud. Jesus.

2. DirtyRussian

DirtyRussian New Member

3. ToshiroOC

ToshiroOC Unbiased.

I have been, and I have to say, Putin is taking the wrong tack here. What the right tack is, I have no clue, since neither side will give up Chechnya, but when a thousand children are taken hostage for multiple days, you must suspect something is not being done right.

4. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

I managed to get some good news from the DW news out of Berlin, nothing but photos of charred bodies and the burned out building where the children were housed, this rivals Waco in scope and parallels the techniques used by the FBI during that siege as well. Putin's address stressed that he would not comprimise in the battle against the Chechin terrorists. Wont they didnt mention is that these terrorists are Muslim or not.

5. squall Leonhart

squall Leonhart The Gunblade Master

anyone with msn messenger put a rose in front of their name, its something me and my gf and her freinds have started,

6. ToshiroOC

ToshiroOC Unbiased.

The Chechens in a previous bid for independence managed to install their own government in the area (though they didn't have full control of the place), and tried to impose Sharia law, Muslim religious law. I would guess that many of the separatists tied to the same faction that brought that government to power are Muslim, if not all of them.

7. Nacht

Nacht ein Krieger

this is not the first time that russia has done such things. remember the sub incident a few years back where they refused aid? it costs the sailors their lives. it's insane..they try to save face, and end up sacrificing their own people.

8. ToshiroOC

ToshiroOC Unbiased.

The Kursk was also a nuclear sub - there were other reasons in them refusing help, including them fearing US submariners going in and getting a good look at relatively undamaged state of the art Russian nuclear sub tech.

9. Nacht

Nacht ein Krieger

Yes, that's true...but the Cold War is/was over, and has been over...so I dont quite understand the vehement reaction to such a rescue plan. I mean we're talking about the entire submarine crew here, each with a wife and possibly children. It's horrid to think of such things.

10. lenchmob

lenchmob New Member

Anytime children are lost be it in Palestine, Gaaza, Belsan Russia, Baghdad or anywhere for that matter it is a tragic day for all of humanity..

11. ToshiroOC

ToshiroOC Unbiased.

We still are installing anti-ICBM systems to forestall a nuclear ICBM threat - which at the moment ONLY comes from Russia (though China in the future may pose an ICBM threat). We still have a nuclear arsenal on high alert ready to blow Russia out of the water... just in case. Cold war may be over, but our military sure as hell doesn't act like it in some major ways, and I don't doubt Russia's military (which controlled the Kursk) is still half fighting the Cold war like ours.

12. Nacht

Nacht ein Krieger

no, we have threats from many nations with ICBMs. Russia's are uncontrolled right now...they've had so many political and economic problems that those things can end up in the hands of just about anybody. North Korea is probably very high on the list...India and Pakistan are looking to duke it out between themselves, so we might be safe there...but still.

the main reason we still have all of them aimed at russia is because thats where they were programmed...and just havent been changed. russia also have nearly the arsenal we have. it doesnt surprise me that the nukes are still aimed at russia...where are you supposed to aim over 1k warheads?

13. ToshiroOC

ToshiroOC Unbiased.

NK, India, and Pakistan may all have nuclear bombs, but they aren't capable of shooting them over to the continental USA on a rocket.

14. Alistair

Alistair Spoos

Actually from what I understand NK could hit the West Coast.

15. RDoggy

RDoggy New Member

Funny no blame placed on the Islama Facists.
    Let's call them what they are and quit pussyfooting around. The terrorists who are kidnapping and bombing and hijacking around the world are Islamic fascists. They are a minority who have hijacked one of the world's great religions and now besmirch the tenets of that noble faith. They are ready to kill anyone they find who doesn't believe in the same extreme doctrines they've had pumped into their heads.

16. Nacht

Nacht ein Krieger

That is true, RDoggy, but these are Cechen (sp?) rebels...they arent so much fighting for their religion as they are for their independence. it's the same problem that the UK has with the IRA