Satan and rock

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by HardwareHeaven, Jul 26, 2003.

1. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

I know this has been brought up alot by the fanatics over in the states, the reason im posting this is to hear your thoughts on metal and the devil !

my friend lent me an album by deicide and personally its way to heavy for me, and im not really into the twin close vocals meant to sound like the guy is some demonic being......

anyway for those of you who dont know what im talking about here is a link to an interview which may interest some of you..

http://www.deicide.tv/Interveiw1.htm

hard to look scary isnt it when you cant spell interview?? eh? :lol:

2. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

Glen Danzig and devil

I remember not so long ago the controversy over the devil and rock and roll..
    I remember when they said Elvis was the antichrist.
    I hid my Black Sabbath albums from my parents, born again christians they didn't understand.
    I understood...
    Just as there is a God there is his disenfranchised right hand man...Lucifer...
    Satanic music or any music is a gift that we share with each other, and can be used for demonic purposes...it is a form of communication no more evil than the oratory of Hitler, or Stalin, or Kim...
    I can recall different forms of music that communicate evil and it isn't rock and roll for sure..
    As we listen, we learn, as we learn we accept..
    I cannot listen to Glen Danzig anymore or the misfits or Sam Hain, because I don't enjoy the music like I used to, full of dark Satanic messages..yes. But it only reveals the darkness within our souls, not Lucifer's, for he has no soul, only people do...
    Therefore Lucifer uses the shadow, the mystery and the darkness in our souls to pervert the gift that we have to enjoy, to steal souls perhaps?......to eat souls perhaps....to consume the light within us all, and drown our spirits and chain us to the mighty grinding wheel, so that we will push it for an eternity, round and round, grinding our bones, our souls into fragments and then dust...
    so that we all may lie face up or face down on a plain of lost souls, where only death walks and the wandering spirits of the damned..and the wind howls erasing our memories of life, and swallowing us whole...
    I choose the light, I choose the gift for what it was intended to be, to uplift our voices and sing with joy, the joy of life and the joy of living, if the music isn't about living or life...then I cannot listen to it.
    Because I know the beast waits in the darkness, for the wandering lost souls, and sweeps them into mighty leathery wings...and plunges his teeth into their necks...
    I stand with the strong and avoid the edge of the pit, and I know the face of the beast, and I know his songs.....I am not lured to the pit....
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2003
  3. sinjin

sinjin the last samurai

Re: Glen Danzig and devil

[​IMG]

4. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

very nice

sinjin....you have the special lense as well

5. Luck

Luck I like to whinge

I hate them, but I listen to that genre..check out Mayhem.

6. Luck

Luck I like to whinge

Speaking of the Devil..

This can bring up a great story I'm about to tell.

Apparently, this man named "Varg" the lead singer of Burzum..killed the lead guitarist of Mayhem. After he was drunk, he got into an argument with the lead guitarist and stabed him..until he stopped yelling..heh.

Here is the pic of the guitarist..[​IMG] His name was Euronymous...and he was killed in 93', I also hear rumors that he was a communist..either way, he's dead so it really doesn't matter.

And here is Varg, I've written to this man while he remains in a prison somewhere in Norway. [​IMG]

These are both popular Norwegian black metal bands (I take Burzum over Mayhem though).

Oh, one more thing, here is Varg in Prison..apparently, he's views have changed since he burned down a church..CRAP! I forgot that..he was also thrown in prison for burning down a church that was over 800 years old..but apparently (from his letters translated into the nordic language) he's now a socliast..like most black metal bands anyways. [​IMG]

VERY GOOD if you're into those weird stories that are spooky, yet true.

7. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

Im Norwegian kid

we are always dark and moody.....lol

8. digitalwanderer

digitalwanderer Colour Commentator

This is actually a pet-peeve of mine!

All them metalheads giving our Dark Lord such a bad name... :(

9. Luck

Luck I like to whinge

Re: This is actually a pet-peeve of mine!

You're a LeVanist?

10. Luck

Luck I like to whinge

Re: Im Norwegian kid

My fiancee is Swedish. Heh..close..:) She was actually born in Sweden..:) Here is a pic of her. [​IMG] It probably won't come up because it's Shutterfly..if so, just click on it.

Mod, sorry if I went off topic.

Ok, back on topic...umm, speaking of Satan and all of that, I do own The Satanic Bible by Anton LaVay..he's very unusual..well, his logic. Apparently, you can commit all the sins you want while on earth, but before you die you have to repent to God. So you go to heaven..that's what he did on his death bed.

A lot of these mainsteam bands just use this as an image..while a lot of the underground (norwegian) bands tend to be satanists..one of my favs is Darkthrone, they're satanic nationalists..[​IMG] Here is their site..http://www.darkthrone.no/ [SIZE=xx-large]Hagl svart metall av Norge.. eller noe som det. [/SIZE]

11. toddsmack2k

toddsmack2k It Never.....

The majority of this is all an act. Like Marylin Manson and many others. Just because I like heavy music does not mean I like the devil or worship him.: )

12. Luck

Luck I like to whinge

I honestly..hate that guy. He's a real nut job..I mean, just because of what he is. He's just an annoying guy..and when he did on stage crap with rappers, it made me want to puke..

13. toddsmack2k

toddsmack2k It Never.....

LOL, Yeah I know.He is all about the shock rock and I dont mind that. By now though if he wanted to be shocking he should not shave his eyebrows, leave out the coclored contacts and come out on stage in a pair of jeans and a dress shirt:D . He has just done it too long now and to be honest its a shame a few of thier songs are not bad. It is just him and all that B.S.

14. Luck

Luck I like to whinge

Exactly..it's like, when someone does something that's shocking one too many times..it loses it's effect and people just get used to it.

15. digitalwanderer

digitalwanderer Colour Commentator

Re: Re: This is actually a pet-peeve of mine!

No, no...I play cello. :)

16. FuNsTeR

FuNsTeR Caledonian and Proud

what about that guy Glen Barton or what ever his name is from Deicide he melted a inverted cross on his forehead ... talk about out of it :uhoh:

17. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

Anton Levay

Levay and rock and rolll there must be a connection, ha ha...saw film he made of himself and his coven, performing a ritual...very odd..

18. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

the singer in cradle of filth is kind of funny......

19. Midnight Blue

Midnight Blue Spirit

he is horrible ! i like jon bon jovi ! (and I dont care if you call me names for it !)

20. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

jon bon jovi is

the anti rocker...