save dsp with plugin preset

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by totya, Dec 9, 2011.

1. totya

totya New Member

Hi!

Under settings/save settings I can save DSP (DSP checbox checked). But I want store in this save, DSP used plugins/effects presets too. This is possible? I want create only one save.

I know, if I select plugin in DSP, preset/export preset I can save preset settings.

Thanks.

2. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

I am not sure what you are asking...
    Saved DSP configs do include plugin settings.

If you want to save your presets (e.g. for backup, etc) the easiest method would probably be to export the registry keys where they are stored.

e.g.
    Export the following registry key:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\kX\Plugins

That will include plugin registration info and presets (presets are at bottom, so if you want only presets, you can edit the file with notepad and delete the registration stuff).

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  3. totya

totya New Member

Hi!

Thanks for answer.

But this is not work all times. Example:

Settings/reset global settings.
    Plugins presets in DSP is lost, (example MX6, 10 Band EQ presets).
    I try load saved DSP (only DSP checkbox checked when I create save).
    But my DSP plugins settings is can't back (example MX6, 10 Band EQ presets).
    I need load preset manually with selected plugin preset/import preset menu.

Bug too in MX6, load preset menu is none, I need save (any new) preset in MX6, after preset/import-export menu is appear.

KX 3551, Win7 x64, KXMixer x86.

4. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Yeah, a Reset Global Settings resets kX back to when it was first installed, so it is not going to include anything from 3rd party plugins that you added after installing kX. Those will have to be re-installed, but the presets for most of them can be backed up using the method I posted above.

Some 3rd party plugins may store their presets in a different location (e.g. UFX stores some of it's presets under "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\More kx\plugins", and ProFX uses another key for some of it's settings (cannot think of it off the top of my head (I am on my laptop at the moment without kX), maybe "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\kX\ProFX"?, but I think it stores user presets in the same place as other plugins).

Usually I just export the entire kX registry key for backup (plus UFX key), before doing a reset or re-install, etc, and if I later find something missing, I can go through that backup and pull out what I need.

5. peate

peate Active Member

I have always checked all the boxes when saving my settings and even after a reset, the saved settings will be unchanged; all plug-ins, MX6, EQ's etc... keep their individual settings. I use XP but it shouldn't be any different with your set-up.

6. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

It may be different... I don't know. Win7 uses a bunch of different paths and locations than XP did/does..... especially 64bit. (I have both running in my studio) I haven't sorted everything out here but at the moment I'm not actively recording.