SB 0770 x-fi creative on Win8.1

Discussion in 'PAX Drivers' started by sufiz, Aug 9, 2014.

1. sufiz

sufiz New Member

I recently bought a sound card , sb0770 x-fi ..
    [​IMG]
    I am new with this .. I downloaded 2 softwares from creative website , both gave me same error :
    [​IMG]

What i have done is :
    Removed old realtek driver from cont. panel.
    Disabled onboard audio from bios.

Installed creative driver from windows update , but when it asks to restart after installing it again shows me like this :

[​IMG]

Yellow mark , then if i click on update then it gets hidden ..

I also tried PAX 2014 suite , but when i open creative icon it says no product detected :(

Kindly help me , or guide me step by step .. i really want to try this card with its features .. Specially for games ..
    Thanks in advance .

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  2. DigiJedi

DigiJedi Member

Have you tried taking out the sound card, then booting windows after it fully boots shutdown, and then put the sound card back? also try installing the drivers again but this time with driver signature disabled? (hold you mouse at the bottom right corner of the screen till the charms bar comes up> settings>change pc settings>update and recovery>recovery>advanced startup, then when it boots select driver signature enforcement disabled)

sufiz likes this.
  3. DigiJedi

DigiJedi Member

Let me know if it worked..

4. sufiz

sufiz New Member

ill try again with disabling the driver signing

5. DigiJedi

DigiJedi Member

6. DigiJedi

DigiJedi Member

Does it work now?

7. sufiz

sufiz New Member

I have creative brand , not auzentech. I tried removing and reinstalling from windows update and installing PAX .. Both doesnt work.. I mean im getting the sound by pluging in the speaker .. But both software were not able to detact my card ..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. DigiJedi

DigiJedi Member

http://forums.creative.com/t5/Sound-Blaster/SB-X-Fi-Series-Support-Pack-2-0-05-15-2009/td-p/527485 see if that driver helps, to give it the best chance start windows with driver signature enforcement disbled , then discard the old drivers completely (try using driversweeper b4 reboot to make sure all traces are gone) also do not use win update drivers "Win7-8.1 older creative device's drivers are totally buggy and almost never work" try to use the drivers in the new link, remove the device as before in windows device manager then try using the installer from the provided link and see if that helps, if that fails (i have bad news in this case , same happend to me with my creative soundblaster digital, you have two choices then either get a new sound card or go back to an old windows that worked with it.)

sufiz likes this.
  9. sufiz

sufiz New Member

Ok now I'm getting sound from my card , but still no pax driver is able to detect my card ..
    Just i install creative driver from win update and it brings up speaker and spdif option in playback devices from volume control ... I think i cant set this thing up.. Tried your above mentioned pack too .. Its just the old version of PAX 2014 suite ..
    Kindly suggest me a card with similar features and compatible with win 8.1 .

10. DigiJedi

DigiJedi Member

Depends on your price range, and available slots on your motherboard.

11. DigiJedi

DigiJedi Member

A few good ones are the Asus xonar d2 and d2x, xonar xense , creative sound blaster z,zx so it's up to you, you should research them and see which one would fit you best ie heavy base for music,or very pure sound

12. sufiz

sufiz New Member

I need for gaming . How about sb0670 or sb 0460 or audigy 4 .?

13. DigiJedi

DigiJedi Member

they are all quite old, you will most certainly have driver issues , if not now soon, if your motherboard has pci-e 1x slots i would recommend a second-hand sb-z

14. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Did you try the PAX PCI XFI V1.25 2014? :)? I could be missing your device ID sorry for late reply I had leg laser done I was trying get better threw out the week so sometimes I may miss few threads :) you muss disable driver sign. Ya like guy said time dump that card up grade to z series card ;)

15. sufiz

sufiz New Member

Well my card is working on win 7 , i think im doing something wrong at some point .. well the steelseries usb driver for 7.1 channel is properly working and detecting steelseries usb sound card .. But not creative one .. Just tell me step by step either in short .. Ill give it one last try ..