SB Live! & Win7 x64

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by YoteZ, Dec 28, 2010.

1. YoteZ

YoteZ New Member

Hi Everyone!
    Finally I had to change the OS from XP to Win7 Enterprise, but have problem with my SB LIVE CT 4670 sound card - it was working on XP but can't work on Win7 with KXdrivers - instalation goes ok , but after reboot I hear nothing. I've set 2.0 Speaker system (i mainly use headphones) and turned on music on computer, then try to connect speakers i every "hole" in my card , but nothing - no music - what else can i do, to make it work - i need to have this card under win7 beacuse of midi port, and "ugly" on board sound card, where only right chanel works.
    Hint:
    -During the music play i can see "mooving bar" to the rythm of music (by clicking on the speaker icon in the lover right windows menu) but hear nothing. It's "name" is Wave Out 6/7.
    - my card is recognized ok in mixer - CT 4670, then 10k1 e880
    -switching front/rear chanel - not helping
    Please Help!

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

Try 4/5 or SPDIF/AC3....... Also, make sure the onboard is disabled in BIOS and disable HDMI audio if your video card supports that.

3. YoteZ

YoteZ New Member

Ok - Sorry for takeing your time i've solved the problem - the only thing to do was to swich from Wave Out 6/7 to Wave Out 4/5 as default playing device in Control Panel -> Sound (options) -> first page. It realy works!!!!
    THANKS!!!

4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

Glad you got it sorted.... enjoy!

5. MegaByte

MegaByte New Member

Alternatively, you can also try SPDI/AC3 output or the Master Mixer (SPDI gets surround sound working crystal clear for me).

6. djyou

djyou New Member

if you want to use the kx diver,you have to learn how to building a dsp,more or less ,you should know how the simple dsp geting work

7. silvertones

silvertones New Member

Yes I totally agree. Most problems are easily sorted by building your own DSP.LeMury has a nice tutorial on this.