SBZ_CD_L13_1_01_03_2015V1.00_Win10 Grab while it's hot

Discussion in 'PAX Download - Z/ZX/ZXR' started by Robert McClelland, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

2. tuunade98

tuunade98 New Member

Is this the PAX driver for the windows 10 sound blaster z driver?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
  3. Robert McClelland

4. LoccOtHaN

LoccOtHaN Ne01

THX Rob :D
    BTW is the OpenAL working as in the Win 8.1 ver. of PAX?
    I think YES !!! :) Great Job Bro

5. electronictonic

electronictonic New Member

Nice one, they are working perfectly for me so far.

6. LoccOtHaN

LoccOtHaN Ne01

No the OpenAL Hardware Acceleration do'n work :-(
    Hmm maby it can be Done?

7. Robert McClelland

I don't think so might have wait to Oct I grab those files from titanium side open AL that why

8. LoccOtHaN

LoccOtHaN Ne01

OK THX in advance Rob... So we have to be patient -> OK :D
    If you need some assistance in Win_X or H/W let me know in Priv. ;-)

9. CandyIsh

CandyIsh New Member

Just want to comment great drivers! Not sure how to change bass I have changed BassBalanceDecibelLevel=40.0 but I cannot hear no difference in the bass the more I try to increase it. And have changed it in every INI file that has BassBalanceDecibelLevel. Is this correct or am I doing something wrong? Can I get some details on how to change bass properly and how to setup this up thanks in advance.

10. AnniZx

AnniZx New Member

How should we be installing this pls...? ( I own a Zx )

I went to device manager , disabled my Soundblaster Zx , right click it again , update driver software , browse my computer for driver software , let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer , have disk , browse to "SBZ_CD_L13_1_01_03\Audio\program files\Creative\Sound Blaster Z-Series\Program" , I selected ctHda.inf , then it tells me I should install a Sound Blaster Z ( no x ). When I uncheck "show compatible hardware" , and pick the Zx myself , it tells me the driver does not suit the device , and when I continue , install fails and that's the end :)

Hmmm

I really wanted to try these PAX drivers out. The official W10 driver gave my a similar issue I already experienced a lot in W7
    --> headphones ( Focal Spirit Classic headphones have great sound.
    --> but when using the 3.5mm jack at the back to connect a stereo speaker set ( 2.0 ) , the sound is distorted , especially in mid range it seems. It's like its trying to play all very low frequencies via the mid range. Changing full range or not does not change a thing. I tried direct stereo as well , no improvement. Verry annoying , I can't believe this is happening again. First they are late with official drivers , and the same issue from W7 age returns....

Thx.

11. Robert McClelland

Yes it's for zx and z not zxr I make one later for then
    Make sure installed software first then disabled driver sign and go threw have disk threw device manager

12. Robert McClelland

You muss reinstalled driver installed after you save the ini file.

13. The Legendary

The Legendary New Member

Guide on how to install the Sound Blaster Z/ZX/(ZXR) PAX Drivers:

STEP 1: For Windows 7/8/8.1/10 users:
    Run the installer executable first provided in the downloader.
    Make sure to restart the computer first when the installation is done before moving on to the next step. (Setup.exe in the root folder of the driver folder)
    STEP 2: Then you will need to disable driver signature enforcement
    For Windows 7: Hit F8 repeatedly when turning on your computer (better to do after the motherboard bios splash logo, if the F8 key for some reason is used for some bios key.)
    Then select 'Disable Driver Signature Enforcement' via navigating with the arrow keys and hit enter.

For Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10 users: (Source: Microsoft Support post)
    a. Press the Win key or Windows Start button on keyboard and click on settings.
    b. Switch over to the “Update & recovery” section.
    c. Then click on the Recovery option on the left hand side.
    d. Once selected, you will see an advanced startup section appear on the right hand side. You will need to click on the “Restart now” button.
    e. Once your Computer has rebooted you will need to choose the Troubleshoot option.
    f. Then head into Advanced options.
    g. Then Startup Settings.
    h. Since we are modifying boot time configuration settings, you will need to restart your computer one last time.
    I. Here you will be given a list of startup settings that you can change. The one we are looking for is “Disable driver signature enforcement”. To choose the setting, you will need to press the F7 key.

STEP 3: After disabling driver signature enforcement. You'll need to install the PAX Soundblaster driver ini file. In order to do this, press Win + R which will open the run window. Type in devmgmt.msc and hit enter. The device manager window should open.

On the device manager window, look for Sound, Video and game controllers and double click on it to expand the list of devices under that.

Select the Sound Blaster Z/Zx/ZxR by double clicking it's name, another window will appear. Click on the driver tab on that new window then click on the 'Update Driver...' button.

Click on -> Browse my computer for driver software and click on Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer then click on the 'Have disk...' button.

Another window will appear then you click on the 'Browse...' button which will then open up another window for you to select a file from the window. Navigate to where you downloaded and extracted your PAX driver file and head to this file directory that relates to this.

'SBZ_CD_L13_1_01_03\Audio\program files\Creative\Sound Blaster Z-Series\Program\Driver'

Select the 'ctHda.inf' file. and hit open. You can also double click on the file.
    Select the device driver listed on the prompts when following through the device driver wizard and allow it to install the PAX Sound Blaster device driver.

Once the device driver installation completes, restart your computer when prompted to.

Note: You may also need to reconfigure your Sound Blaster Control Panel settings and the windows volume again.

Thats it! You're done.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
    mohal and Razunter like this.
  14. rymnd6c28

rymnd6c28 New Member

Hi, I'm very new at this and really want to try PAX driver. So just to make sure, which exe are used for the first step? Is it the official driver? or the one at 'SBZ_CD_L13_1_01_03\setup.exe'?
    Also after done with the whole thing, the driver signature enforcement will enable itself right after restart right?

15. Robert McClelland

Yes run the Official first then go threw have disk on mine and pleased used newest set this one old

16. The Legendary

The Legendary New Member

Yes, you install that one.

17. Robert McClelland

18. Left4pie

Left4pie New Member

Hello Robert,

I have been using your drivers for my ZX for some time now and they are terrific. Audio seems to be much clearer and forward. I just wanted to ask - I have bought a sony mic. It's a dynamic mic that converts to 3.5mm via a XLR cable. When i plug it into my ZX the recorded sound seems to be soft and quiet. I know that this was going to most likely happen because of the type of mic. However it's fine for skype but in games the audio will drown my mic out for others. So I'm just wondering if it's possible to make the mic louder by tweaking your drivers to an extent where it is louder but doesn't add a lot of noise. Thanks.

19. Robert McClelland

You could try newer test set v1.15 I think it's been while since I have check the forums do server page loading issue to my house. It's fix finally. That why I couldn't check almost up to two weeks.

20. HARRINOR

HARRINOR New Member

SBZ_CD_L13_1_01_03_2015V1.00_Win10
    It worked great for me (ZxR) thx!!! my crackling sounds have gone!!!
    PS. Your PAX Driver is better than official driver from creative
    ,Now i can enjoy my game & movie without any trouble. Thx again :)