Scarlett Johansson sues Disney over hybrid Black Widow release

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Calliers, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Calliers

Calliers Administrator Staff Member

Scarlett Johansson is suing the Walt Disney Co. over its streaming release of Black Widow, which she said breached her contract and deprived her of potential earnings.

In a lawsuit filed Thursday morning in Los Angeles Superior Court, the Black Widow star and executive producer said her contract guaranteed an exclusive theatrical release. The Wall Street Journal first reported the news of the lawsuit.

Johansson's potential earnings were tied to the box office performance of the film, which the company released simultaneously in theatres and on its streaming service Disney+ for a $30 US rental.

"In the months leading up to this lawsuit, Ms. Johansson gave Disney and Marvel every opportunity to right their wrong and make good on Marvel's promise," the lawsuit said. "Disney intentionally induced Marvel's breach of the agreement, without justification, in order to prevent Ms. Johansson from realizing the full benefit of her bargain with Marvel."

Disney did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

2. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I don't know the details, but if she is right good luck.
    Strange thing that no one asked to find out. When I first saw her, in Lost in Translation, I found her very attractive as a woman and good as an actress.
    With years passing, if I see her name in the credits (acting) then I tend to avoid her. I don't know why, but I find her repulsive. It rarely happens to me, in fact it's probably the first time.
    That doesn't mean that I can't enjoy her performance, but I rather not.

Calliers likes this.
  3. Calliers

Calliers Administrator Staff Member

She seems to me that she has a stuck up attitude. I dunno, that's just the feeling I get from her.

Trusteft likes this.
  4. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

i only talked to one actor that worked with her in one of the movies, and they only had good things to say about her, not keanu levels of "they are awesome, so kind and just amazing"... but pretty damn close. They said she was friendly and could take a joke no matter how non pg it was or how much it may focus on one's gender.. basically she was fun to work with and you didn't have to walk on eggshells unlike plenty of other actors. Though she doesn't put up with outright bullshit though apparently. Kinda happy i've had the ability to sit down with so many actors, there are quite a few that are from and still live in saskatoon, literally can just walk passed them on the street and most people wouldn't realize or wouldn't necessarily care, might go "wait i think i recognized that person from somewhere".

Kim Coates for example, has been in a hell of a lot of stuff. The guy is great, met him twice, first time was completely by accident. There are also a pile of actors and singers that "quietly" move to saskatoon... often get spotted in the likes of alberta such as calgary or edmonton or banff for that matter, but once they get to saskatoon, no one gives a shit.

I think the most recent situation i had personally was waiting in a cabelas, doing a task for my uncle since i was heading to saskatoon anyways. Suffice it to say, what i thought was peculiar, was 2 giant men in suits walked through the front door followed by a hooded individual that was clearly at least from my perspective, not to draw attention due to the placement of the men being far enough ahead of him and him basically keeping his face in the shadow of the hood, but i mean cmon, looks a bit odd. Specially after the men really didn't give any more than 10-20ft distance and when passing through isles one was ahead and one behind. Suffice it to say, i didn't really care much they just happened to catch my eye. I still waiting at the front counter for doing a return/swap, no one around and they happened to head my direction, first the hulking huge guy followed by the hood, which when he passed by i could see his face and a bit of his hair, and then the next big guy. Couldn't be a better shot of justin biebers face.

Garrett Wang is another that i met face to face, twice, first time completely by accident in passing, he cruised around saskatoon for awhile too. There is one thing that pretty much every actor that has showed up in saskatoon, or singer for that matter, as i said, most people don't even care or take notice, there isn't any fan girling to worry about (their words). They aren't treated like gods, nor are paparazzi around much or even aware "who'd go to saskatoon... middle of nowhere".

There is a older major celebrity that lives in saskatoon in a condo... that next to no one knows he's there, and most people would wonder why he is.

Brad and Angelina passed through saskatoon i had heard as well... and enjoyed it.

Calliers and Mr Cairo like this.