School Starts Today.... 8/19

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by kris23, Aug 19, 2008.

1. kris23

kris23 Going Insane.....

fixed

2. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

true, but seeing that the only post prior was cozumel's, then it's indicative that i'm saying "QFT" to his post :p

3. IEMC

IEMC Neighborhood screw up.

Yep.

4. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

gawd, high school was so long ago for me :lol:

btw, all of your "best friends" from school will be no more within 1 year after graduating from high school. you will find out who your best friends really because you guys will continue to hang out with them.

from high school, i only hang out with just one since i graduated HS in 2002. my sister graduated in 2007, and she only hangs out with like 3 of her friends from high school.

5. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

I had like 6 friends in highschool, and still hang with all 6 of em.. they graduated 2 years ago..

6. kris23

kris23 Going Insane.....

ooo i r junior

7. kris23

kris23 Going Insane.....

back from the schoool.... and i still live :D

8. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

Living in Stoon just off Cumberland a little ways away from 8th so I'm right next to the action and a short ways away from campus, w00t, I don't even have to drive/can just take the bus and I'll be there like on time all the time. And the birds lol, yeah they are -sweeeet-, king pimp is gonna be my middle name when I start classes man. :D :D :D

Heard the U of S is one of the world's best agricultural universities, and I know it is a really good university, but then again, I'm not going to do agriculture. The Computer Science course is really good as well I heard but I might branch over into economics or commerce, I'm pretty much not so sure at this point.

Edit: The halls of greed, lol :lol:

9. Lowfat

Lowfat Xtreme

I lived in the exact same area when i went to the UofS :eek: I was 2 blocks south of the blockbuster on cumberland & 8th.

10. Calliers

Hehehe, lol, we could be brothers, what was your major... "Ancient mohawk history"? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

;)

11. Lowfat

Lowfat Xtreme

Comp Sci. I never finished though :x After a few years of it, I realized how much I hated it.

12. Calliers

Man...so did you like branch out into something different or are you like a college drop out :D

13. Lowfat

Lowfat Xtreme

I am like a college drop out :uhoh:

14. Calliers

I was in Bachelor of Science at the University of Botswana (they have the biggest library in Africa over there so it's a pretty good university) but dropped out as I wasn't like concentrating on my studies and didn't do well as a result, then did my professional diploma in software with the National Institute of Information Technology (based out of India) through correspondence then now I think I want to give comp sci another try if it doesen't work for me I'll bail out into economics or commerce coz I don't mind readin' and makin money :)

15. Calliers

Sorry, little background:

Some pictures of the campus:-

Administration and entrance to administration side of university.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

UB Library at a distance, is one biggest and most modern university libraries in Africa (I don't know if it is the biggest anymore but it comes close still even if it isn't), country is the world's largest supplier of diamonds so can afford to build pretty much anything. There is no tuition for nationals (batswana) students receive allowance for accomadation, food, books, toiletries and other costs.

[​IMG]

Library from different angle.

[​IMG]

Canteen/Cafeteria

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

State of the art Faulty of Business built in 97

[​IMG]

Inside the main hall of the Faculty of Business

[​IMG]

One of the smaller classrooms (beleive this one is still in the faculty of business, not so sure)

[​IMG]

Most pics taken by Canadian exchange students on AIDS research trip, capital city (Gaborone) where university is located, is about the same size as stoon, and the people are friendly, though they can be a little proud at times, the chicks are -HAWT- but a little hard to get since they like money, fast cars, etc (Miss Botswana 1999; Mpule Kwelagobe was Miss Universe in 1999, I knew Miss Botswana 2006 :D ), and though it can get a little hot it's a nice place to build a holiday/summer home and go down for the winter, Phakalane ( Phakalane Golf Estate Hotel Resort in Gaborone, Botswana | Phakalane Golf Estate ) just a short drive outside of town, and not far from the airport, is I believe the highest class suburb in all of Africa and the houses there/land there is not so expensive by western standards/if you convert our currency (assuming its dollars, USD, or the British Pound), exchange rate right now is $1 is like 7 Pula (capital P, it's the currency they use there and it means rain lol since it's a desert and rain is very important to them) so you could snap up a pretty summer home for say... oh, a cool $300,000 give or take.

Really enjoyed living here as it is an enjoyable environment/people like to party have fun and if you ever do go there, be sure to visit the Okovango Delta ( Okavango Delta - a true wilderness safari experience in Botswana , Okavango Delta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ), if it's not one of the world's wonders it should be since its so gawd dang beautiful lol and stay at the "Mowana Safari Lodge" if you can ( Mowana Safari Lodge, Chobe & Linyanti Game Areas, BOTSWANA ), this is where many dignatories like the presidents of major countries, Prince William and Bill Gates stay when they come (my dad has stayed there before and he says its hella cool) but be prepared to pay a pretty penny coz five star luxury when you're in the bush doesen't come cheap, I can tell you that.

More information about the University of Botswana (or the UB for short):-

University of Botswana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And Gaborone:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaborone

Hope you enjoyed that and hope that sheds some light on the very beautiful land of Botswana for you guys :D

Last edited: Aug 21, 2008
  16. Cow_160483

Cow_160483 HH's only cow moooooo...

wow dude you really went all out, and as some one who stays here i felt like going out to see the sites for myself after i read your post >
    Nice one dude really nice.

P.S You are right about the chicks they are really hot lol

Calliers likes this.
  17. Sandok

Sandok New Member

I really enjoyed school... Compared to Uni, it was way easier :D

Soon got my Bachelors though so the road is soon done ;) One more year, then either a job followed by hopefully a MBA or more studies with a Master :p

18. Calliers

Thanks Fadmeister, that's one thing I'm going to miss about the place, but I will be coming back for a visit sometime so keep a free port for me.

By the way, did the Nabster and Niazinator come for a visit like they said they would? If so and you have any pictures send them over man and do pm me their email addys and msn/messenger IDs, thanks. :)

One of my fav Uncles called me up this morning and found out his son, one of my cousin's in Austrailia (I have 3 there lol) is in his final year of his course, majoring in Economics, when I talked to him last about it he told me that he intended to do his MBA afterwards as well so gratumalations man and I hope the both of you make oooOOOODLES of money :D

Edit: I might be walking down that road myself pretty soon too... :evil:

Edit 2: Oh and btw, think it's worth mentioning in realtion to the UB post, Botswana's population is only about 1.8 million, and since the country's the size of France it's sparsley populated and I guess that this does make it easier for the country to keep its books too lol.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2008
  19. kris23

kris23 Going Insane.....

and i have just survived my first week of school!

20. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

I hope you earn high marks and you work and play well with others. :p