Screenshots of New Super Mario Bros. Wii in 720p

Discussion in 'Gaming News Discussion' started by comp_ali, Nov 29, 2009.

1. comp_ali

comp_ali Sniper

2. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

The games look better on the emulator eh? Sad.

3. Erroneus

Erroneus Get off my lawn!

There is a long way from screenshots to stable FPS in those games, so I don't think it's "that sad".

4. Trusteft

I disagree. It is very sad that Wii can't play even near 720p games and that it is a glorified gamecube.

5. Erroneus

Erroneus Get off my lawn!

720p on the Wii would have been nice, but it has never been a deal breaker. There are plenty of good looking games, which most of all is god damn fun. New Super Mario Bros. Wii is one of them, it still looks good in 480p and is one of the best Mario games ever made.

6. Trusteft

As I said, I disagree.
    They look crap.

7. Cow_160483

Cow_160483 HH's only cow moooooo...

New Super Mario Bros. Wii looks good to me but then again "Super Mario Bros"was fun when it was 2D .

8. YAYitsAndrew

YAYitsAndrew Anti-Piracy Poster Boy

You can tell they're working within the limitations of the hardware because it doesn't look nearly as good as a 360 or pc title, but they're definitely doing a good job of staying competitive despite the constraint. Going with the more natural palette takes the edge off the cartoon look they probably don't want to get labeled with anymore. Just go into your favorite image editor and increase the saturation to get back to what Mario looked like one generation ago.

9. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

to correct...

Since i've done the same thing and YES due to the emulators lack of support, small coding base, and the need to have more work done, anything the emulator designers have really worked on has produced some amazing results.

I can tell you, running "some" of the games even beyond 720p up to even 1080p on a large screen is like going from orginal nes game to something we see like recent pc games. The texture resolutions nintendo has used is rediculious, it's like they designed quite a number of the games with vector textures or something cause when you start cranking up the resolution, they seem to increase in clarity to.

AND, i can state, 60FPS + is relatively easy when the emulator has been tuned for it, and i can say, some games, it's very much in tune and works great even on lower end machines.