Screw fdisk anymore...Partition Magic 8

Discussion in 'Windows & Other OS Discussion & Support' started by digitalwanderer, Feb 28, 2003.

1. digitalwanderer

digitalwanderer Colour Commentator

Me finally decided to give it a go, and WOW! :eek: Talk about making a hard thing easy? I set-up me partitions without losing my operating system, and that was just poking around before I read the manual and such! :)

I can't wait to see what other tricks this puppy has got, it's a sweet application. :D

2. Vampyromaniac

Vampyromaniac confutatis maledictis

Oh, uh oops I replied to your Other thread asking for help . . .
    Well glad you're on the right track, and YES PartitionMagic is a Wonderful app! Along with Ghost, 2 most essential disk gruntwork apps :)

3. digitalwanderer

digitalwanderer Colour Commentator

Yeah, I got the drive squared away how I like very easily with it, it's definately been added to me arsenal of emergency utils. :D

4. FuNsTeR

FuNsTeR Caledonian and Proud

Drive Image pro 4 ... wouldn't leave hom e without it :D :D

copies exact image of your hard drive files in DOS copies hd in under 20 minutes restoes it exactly within the same time frame

5. kbleft

kbleft New Member

I use drive image 2002, and I love it. I prefer it to ghost.

6. Vampyromaniac

Vampyromaniac confutatis maledictis

All this talk of partitions, I'm now thinking of tinkering with my multi-boot . . . :hmm:
    :D :evil:

7. -={420}=-

-={420}=- New Member

Maybe all u partition experts can tell me how to install Longhorn on a second hard drive with the least f**king around. I want to keep my windows xp on my first hard drive intact and also have a working longhorn on the other. dual-boot? Any suggestions as to how I would set this up?

8. Louie6666

Louie6666 Just One Sick-Lizard

I haven't played with this build of Longhorn yet, but if its like the M3 Alpha Build, all you have to do is treat it like xp, boot off CD or choose full install if starting from within windows, when the install detects existing installation, select your 2nd HD or partition as the one you would like to install too, and when its done it will boot up with a boot menu now presenting you with your choice of OS's :)

Heres some reading for you :)

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/administration/management/mltiboot.asp

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q306559

OOoo just found this:

from here:

http://www.ibelite.com/review2.php?action=showcontent&rid=14

9. -={420}=-

-={420}=- New Member

Thanks a lot man. :)-~~~~~

10. One of the Twelve

One of the Twelve New Member

PowerQuest applications do not function with Server OS's... According to my experience, Acronis Partition Expert is excellent!

11. Impulse

Impulse l33t

I can understand how you like Partition Magic, but FDISK works for me... :lol:

12. -={420}=-

-={420}=- New Member

Yep, I was just gonna say that.

13. sonofacpu

sonofacpu The ONLY sonofacpu!

I really like Partition Magic, its the best i`ve seen

14. tragic

tragic New Member

No finer words said about those two beauties:)

15. River

River -=[DHzer0point Team]=-

PM7 and now PM8

with my PM & and Windows98 it was slick and easy, but I did run into a problem that took me a while before someone else told me of the fix.

the first time I wanted to do a reformat/clean reinstall after having PM7 loaded up, I had all kinds of problems with not being able to boot up Win98, and I had to take my computer in to Gateway and let them hook it up to their server and they would reformat and then dump my OS and other programs back on to my computer.

I was then told by another geeker that all I had to do was uninstall PM7 first, reformat, reinstall os and other files needed on C partition, then reinstall PM7 and I did with no problems.

Now I have PM8 and WinXP Pro and wonder if this is what is going to have to be done if I want a reformat/clean reinstall? don't want to risk not being able to fix the problem, not sure if WinXP could override the same type of problem that Win98 encountered with PM7?

any ideas?
    thanxz
    River~

16. brc64

brc64 Zeeky H. Bomb

I like Partition Magic, but the last time I used it I think I made it do too many things at one time (resize three partitions then merge two more) and it locked up on like step 5 of 6. :p I eventually got everything back to working, though. The only time I ever use Partition Magic is when I need to mess with partitioning but can't afford to lose data. Any other time I just use... whatever you want to call the program in Windows XP setup (is it actually fdisk they use there?)

- Me

17. tek

tek New Member

Ghost no workie for me.. it asks me for like 20 gigs of space for the img file.. I wus like NO!