second song feat. by Louie Austen (voc)

Discussion in 'Powered by kX' started by geraldandreas, Oct 25, 2004.

1. geraldandreas

geraldandreas KX-Driver Lover

hy all,
    i was very expressive the last days, i made a second song with a voicetrack from louie austen, a austrian singer, was living and singing many years in usa.
    i made it in logic, only with kontakt and intact vsti, not more. i had routed some vsti into a dsp-plugin and rec. it again with 0/1. it is also easy to make this way more and more vsti-tracks without more cpu-usage.
    have fun,
    [​IMG]

2. thomasabarnes

thomasabarnes Long Time ***** Friend

Say man, I dont see a link to the song.

3. geraldandreas

4. Doug W

Doug W Active Member

Greetings Gerald,

I like the simplicity of this piece. Each instrument and the vocal is very distinct. This is something that I have been trying to pay attention to in my own recordings lately and have decided that I need to work on that separation of the different parts which to my ear you have achieved here.

Both Nando's recently recorded song and this one, although very different styles, impress me because of the stuff I talk about above.

Not sure I understand that, maybe I will have to do an Internet search on kontact and intact to get what are saying.

Thanks,
    Doug W

5. geraldandreas

thanks doug,
    contact and intact are vst-instruments from "native instruments", you can play wav, sf2, and files from other vst-i like lm4. both can speedup or -down the samples, but the tune is the same. so the voice dont hear like mickey mouse. you can loop it, put some filters or delay on it. very great instruments.
    normally all my tracks (vst-i) in cubase are plaing on 0/1 but when i want "some special", i play this track(vst-i), for example on 4/5. i use onlx profx-plugins, so one src(fx4/5) is wired to a dsp-plugin like delay or what ever, then to asio0/1 for record on an audiotrack in cubase and also to the mixer (mx6) and out to the speakers or headphone. very easy to save recources in cubase in that way.

6. thomasabarnes

thomasabarnes Long Time ***** Friend

That was OK gerald.

Thanks for sharing.

thomasabarnes

Last edited: Oct 29, 2004