Serious Slowdown with 3536

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Rogelio, Dec 5, 2003.

1. Rogelio

Rogelio New Member

I am running Windows 2003 server (always 100% compatible with XP), and am using an SB Live value 5.1.

I had version 3534 prior to updating to 3536. Since then, I've noticed that windows has seriously slowed down with the new drivers. Upon clicking on an mp3, winamp 2.91 takes 5 seconds to load, where it had been instantaneous with version 3534. Everything seems to be slower that accessing audio drivers... Cubase, tvtuner, etc. I have gone back to version 3534 and everything seems to load up normally (faster) again.

Something bizarre too... when testing the speakers with version 3536, I would hear intermitten radio/tv signal feeds that would be audible with the speakers for about 1/2 a second every 5 seconds.

I also had specific setting for my volume leves (partly because i have the front channel split to headphones which halves the volume level)... and do not know how to set it with the new dB channel sliders.

2. wmjordan

wmjordan kX Driver @ China

Hmm........
    It is odd. The driver, either 3535 or 3536, works fine on my Win2k3 machine and rocks, except having some problems when playing MIDI files.
    Have you completely uninstalled the 3534 before installing the 3536?