settings for UT2004?

Discussion in '3-D Audio' started by bratos, May 23, 2004.

1. bratos

bratos New Member

Hi, I am using the 3537 version drivers , but I am having trouble with the settings for UT2004.
    I use Logitech X620 on my Creative Audigy 1.( P4 3.00 HT, WinXP) 5.1 setting.

How to accomplish 5.1 surround sound in the gameUnreal Tournament 2004?

When I select kX wave 0/1 as default wave device in windows,
    I get front speakers only in the game. same for kX wave 4/5.
    When I select 6/7 i get rear speakers only!
    5.1 works fine in windows, all speakers work in the test and in winamp and such.
    Even my mic works !:rofl:
    I tried different settings ingame as well, 3d audio with and without HW, EAX support.

Can anyone say which settings to set :confused:

I don't really care about EAX, I just want good quality and 5.1. Should I use creative drivers instead ?
    :wtf:

2. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

use hw acceleration, and in the kX Mixer make sure it is set to 5.1 surround

3. Rogacz

Rogacz Porcupine Floyd

I`m using HW Acceleration and 5.1 on surrounder, and I`ve got pretty nice effects.

4. Socio

Socio New Member

I had to set it to "3D Audio" (NOT H/W 3DAudio) and check the " system driver" box, for it to work and it works great, I am using SPDIF out to a receiver for sound though. However if you are using analog outs then the H/W 3D Audio might work not 100% sure because I have not tried it..

5. Rogacz

Rogacz Porcupine Floyd

It`s sometimes hard to configure 5.1 on kX in games. For example if You want 5.1 surround in Half-Life and mods, You must ensure, You set "s_eax" to 1 in Your config.cfg file. That`s strange because most people who use kX would propably set it to 0 instantly (to avoid audio artifacts with EAX and kX).

And using kX on Call of Duty causes loss of some frames, not less overall FPS, but game just doasn`t render some frames what effects in some strange jumps, and doasn`t stream some ambient sounds. Well, this game is really complified, there are 3 EAX drivers to choose from + some software ones. Just like in Fallout Tactics.

But UT2k4 seems to be pretty compatible with 5.1 on kX. Just set sound streaming on HW 3D on wave 0/1 and it should work good.

6. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

also in the kX compatibility settings (right click menu from the mixer/toolbar icon) you can chose to filter EAX calls

7. Rogacz

Rogacz Porcupine Floyd

Won`t it broke surround?

8. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

it wouldn't affect the surround sound, as eax has nothing to do with 3d audio AT ALL
    the positional audio will still be there though

9. Rogacz

Rogacz Porcupine Floyd

So, it must be an issue with program then. Like Half-Life, if You turn eax off (s_eax 0), You`ll lose positional audio. Strange.