Setup for flight simulator (X-Plane and future msfs 2020) plus Blender modeling

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by arb65912, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

try running the free 3dmark test from steam.

arb65912 likes this.
  2. Calliers

Calliers Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, lets see your 3DMark score. :D

And please, do TimeSpy.

arb65912 likes this.
  3. arb65912

arb65912 Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

Calliers likes this.
  4. arb65912

And 3DMark Fire Strike test

Attached Files:

Calliers likes this.
  5. Judas

you should be able to link your orb results directly..... as well as load your results into the compare, and then go looking at other similar systems to see how your nvidia card is handling things in comparisons.

arb65912 and Calliers like this.
  6. arb65912

Thank you Judas! Will try that.

Calliers likes this.
  7. arb65912

I do not want to make a new thred so I will post in threads I was active...

I had a heart attck.. was in hospital, now at home but need to wear this defibrialtor vest for 2-3 months and later maybe internal one depends how much heart improves or not.....

Just wanted some of you know as we have been talking quite a bit. :)

Please do not take it as cross posting , in this case at least... thanks!

8. Judas

hopefully things get better..

i too haven't been having a good time, granted not as severe as a heart attack... but i recently had my wisdom teeth removed, and earlier today while eating, snapped by jaw at the point where they i believe had to carve into the jaw bone due to the one wisdom tooth fusing. What's worse, i can't get any medical treatment due to the situation, being a jaw issue, the hospitals cannot provide help at all, and oral surgeons aren't allowed to work on anyone at all either. My surgeon is attempting to find a way in which to get special permission to investigate my situation and do what needs to be done. Chances are high that i'll be eating through a straw for some time once they do get a way in, in the meantime, i basically have to train myself to keep my jaw perfectly still.

arb65912 likes this.
  9. Calliers

Man, that has to really suck. I'm sorry @Judas. :(

10. arb65912

Man, sure, you haven't been having a good time....
    I can imagine how complicated is to keeping the jaw still, always something, isn't it?
    I hope they can find a way to take care of you somehow in this crazy time.
    Keeping my fingers crossed for all of us...
    Thank you Judas for sharing this with us, a little longer and things will get better, they have too, on all fronts.:)

Calliers likes this.
  11. arb65912

@Judas: off the subject but did you heal completely by now?

I would like you all to share with me some links and thoughts on new GPU's coming up this year sometime.
    I just would like to know as someone here said to wait (I could not resists and did not wait) because some good things are coming in few months...

12. Judas

For the most part yes, i still have some serious pain in the left side of my face where the muscle tendons let loose and the muscle piled up around my jaw... that's why i thought i snapped by jaw, apparently when a tendon lets loose in your face, it sounds like a shotgun going off and feels like your bone snapped.

I'm able to eat normally for the most part, but i cannot open my mouth remotely as wide as i could so eating a sandwich or burger for that matter requires me to basically cut it up as i can at most fit just a single slice of bread in combination with maybe for example a common burger... the stop simply won't fit.

In regards to the gpus coming. Unannounced products are mostly limited to rumour and tabloid nonsense mixed with a bit of speculations based on existing contracts and such. Anything from complete bullshit to utter truth and yet no way to necessarily differentiate the two.

As it stands, Ampere's nvidia's baby, far as i understand they were intended to launch or at least get a preview in may/june. However it may be delayed, it's hard to say. Essentially they are the RTX 3000 lineup with significantly improved ray tracing and DLSS (i think that's the abriviation) among other performance boosts. Plus it's supposed to be 7nm but we won't know. Ampere may only be the codename for the compute gpu from nvidia and not necessarily the codename for the consumer product, but they should be based on the same architecture dubbed ampere so far.

On AMD's side is Navi 2 or often referred to RDNA2. RDNA 1 is what we currently see in the 5000 series gpus so far launched. The 5700xt and lower. These are far as it's been explained, basically an entry level RDNA1 or arguably some have suggested a hybrid of what RDNA should be and what GNC currently is. IT's the baby step.

The NAVI 2/rdna2 products are due to launch 2nd half of 2020, delays and such suggest a late 2020 launch (which may coincide with nvidia's currently delayed schedules). The current engineering samples rumoured/leaked suggest quite a behemoth as some point to a 80CU part which is rather insane. Before AMD's GNC architecture was restricted to 64 CUs at most. If an 80CU or larger gpu can be manufactured, it'll mean that amd's limitations have been resolved. And considering how effectively a 5700xt can compete with a rtx 2080/2070 and nearly match a 2070S, something with twice as many CUs and an improved architecture that should theoretically resolve many issues, specially since the PS5 and Xbox Series X are to utilize the same architecture (RDNA2), it should perform rather incredibly well.

But again, aside from linking to random rumour websites and oodles of tweets from various sources, there isn't anything concrete, aside from basically the ps5/xbox series x information and performance metrics that were "shown".

arb65912 likes this.
  13. arb65912

I am happy there is a progress in your healing @Judas.

On my side, I have toothache... yes, I bit some hard in front and now the pain is there.
    It happened over 23 weeks ago but now it started hurting.
    I called dentist, office is closed and tooth pain is not an emergency.... sucks!
    They might be opening in may some day and there is a list already who will get in in order you signed up for a visit.
    Might take another month or so....
    This pain is so annoying, it is not like I can not do anything but it is there ALL THE TIME....

Thank you for the read on new GPUs.
    It seems that maybe in the fall we will see some nice stuff.
    I will be ready but before anything I will ask here.
    :)

14. Calliers

Sorry to hear that, and glad you're healing @Judas, basically tooth aches aren't fun. I know the feeling, especially bad ones. I once had a dry socket and it was BAD.

arb65912 likes this.
  15. arb65912

Going to dentist Monday.... one tooth hurts and the other partially broken... sucks!

16. Calliers

Hope things get sorted dude, and hope you will be ok.

arb65912 likes this.
  17. arb65912

Yes, thanks, I should be OK. Hope will not get the corona... what a mess man...

18. arb65912

NOW.....me second SSD drive SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS 2TB Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-V7S2T0B/AM is coming next week!!!! :D

https://www.newegg.com/samsung-970-evo-plus-2tb/p/N82E16820147744?Item=N82E16820147744

Since there is only one place it can be installed I will not ask questions.

BUT, it will be fine working with the first on? Sorry , again dummy question.

I do remember that in my older build there was some limitation about using them, there was some kind of a choice one would need to make on where to install them.... hmmm, sorry I do not remember now.

19. Judas

the next available m.2 slot should be fine.

the top slot is primary the bottom is secondary, they show up just like plugging in another sata drive.

arb65912 likes this.
  20. arb65912

Thank you. Installing tonight. :D