Shattered Horizons

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by SeraphicSorcerer, Nov 5, 2009.

1. SeraphicSorcerer

SeraphicSorcerer Well-Known Member

So, Since I got the game, going, I thought I'd write my first impressions

Well this game shows lots of promise, it is visually stunning, and very in depth environment wise. However, I have found the controls a bit frustrating, from not being able to simply print off screen shots, crouch and switching fire modes, I would have also thought would have been in there....

However. the game does add a rolling system and a boost system which make the whole zero-g environment completely fun and make you have to rethink your entire strategy, you have to look around every degree up down left right, behind you, to try and fend off the opposing team, overall I'm enjoying it very much (It's multi-player only as well, so lag may be a problem, and I've heard complaints of lag on some older comps (most likely trying to turn up settings to high)

Overall, I am pleasently surprised, and this is a great game for 19.99 And a great time waster, Visually it reminds me of battle of proxycon from 3dmark2006, but its very immersive. I would like some better control options, and the key to take screenshots, but overall, this game is definitely competitive, well thought out, and quite fun.

I'd give it an 8/10

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  2. g35x

g35x Hellhound Pilot

First of all, it's called Shattered Horizon, no "s". Sorry, I'm picky about that sort of thing.:p

Not being able to printscreen is no big deal...why would you want to printscreen when you can use a program like fraps to take multiple screenshots without exiting the game to paste and save them?

I think leaving out crouch was a good decision. It's hard enough to take out people attached to a surface when you're floating around as it is, because the person attached to a surface will have much better accuracy. Besides, I'd like to see you put on a space suit and try to crouch.

As for control options, a recent patch allows you to bind rolling left and right to a key (as opposed to holding down mouse 2 and moving your mouse side to side), and assign individual grenades to a key. Futuremark is actively patching and trying to improve the game. I've never seen a game updated so many times in so little time (unless there were drastic problems, which Shattered Horizon doesn't have- it's just Futuremark implementing user suggestions into the game).

This game is a steal. I've never had so much fun in any game, EVER, let alone a $20 one. I highly recommend everyone pick it up.

3. SeraphicSorcerer

Well my review was made when it first released I said for 20 bucks, it's worth it. Glad you enjoy it.

Thanks for the update

4. g35x

g35x Hellhound Pilot

Yeah, my bad, I didn't look at the date and see how long ago it was posted. I haven't been around here on DH very often, I forgot how slow it can get here. On the more popular forums I browse, stuff on the 2nd page of the gaming section is usually less than a few days old.

but yeah, give it another shot if you haven't played it lately :)

5. SeraphicSorcerer

Well threads here can be replied to quite quickly. This one wasn't maybe because I labeled it wrong :p

It's not always slow around here, I promise :)

I will give it a shot after I am done with my mods etc.

Thanks for dropping in and such.