Show your new stuff

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Bolletje, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

it's worth a look...... it outright pisses me off after having 2 copies of diablo 3 for pc......

On the PC version of the game... i bought it basically at release.. in fact I was in the beta. At launch the game was good, a few changes occured but overall some bad shit got sorted and some good shit was removed...... so rather nuetral, I'm bloody glad the trade/marketplace system was removed personally.

However i've been playing it off and on throughout it's lifespan thus far and personally i've been outright disapointed in terms of playing cooperatively with other players...

Basically the "join multiplayer public" games of any sort has NEVER .. even from day one... worked.... it just never worked.... initially i started playing privately.. but that was only for awhile because hey solo diablo 3 rather sucks. Any, I would always try and join an existing game that someone would be hosting.. and everytime it would countdown to 30 seconds after failing to find a valid game to jump into and then create a new game to host publically.... suffice it to say, I'VE NEVER ONCE JOINED ANOTHER PERSONS GAME OR HAD ANYONE JOIN MINE.

The other crux i ran into is the massive difference in gameplay and mechanics of the game not to mention drops and all that stuff... It's just way the fuck different.

Let take for example my pc experience, I've already leveled up to 60 (prior to the reaper expansion) and racked up a couple dozen paragon points to spend on improved stats.... add to this i've kept and built up a fairly nice chunk of gear throughout the levels and what little legendary drops i could muster. Add to this again, jewels/gems or whatever you want to call them, I've spent a load of cash and resources making some pretty high ones worth an insane amount of cashola.... which significantly boosts gear obviously, nothing like sticking a nearly top tier gem into a lowbies gear and watching them slaughter shit like a hot knife through already nearly liquidified butter. Anywho... i've got paragon and boosted states and shit with gear.

Out of curiousity i decided to create a new character to compare my experience using the latest similar diablo versions so that i had some kind of control and to pass a less biased judgement.

Suffice it to say, it took me about 35-40 hours to reach level 70 on my character in diablo 3 on the PC version of the game doing the EXACT same repetative task..... To add insult to injury, I had all this gear already and on top of it, in the entire leveling space, i only received about 8 legendary drops.. of which, none were weapons.... and out of them all, only replaced 3 parts of my gear which was the main armor piece.... a wrist and a shoulder..... there was no ring.. no helmet, no pants/boots/amulet/glove. Nor did i receive ANY legendary or green recipe books.... none.. zip.. zero.... So even though i STARTED on torment level 1 which gives you all the best potential loot you can get with greatly raised gold and magic drop chance percentages, but the experience gained is vastly increased.

Now comparing this to the PS4 Diablo 3 (which is identical to the other console Diablo 3 versions)...... I started a brand new game.... BRAND NEW... which prevents a player from selecting any difficulty above "adept"... so i couldn't select master or torment.... which meant that experience is significantly decreased, gold.. magic drop... etc..... basically it pretty much sucks for anything other than just trying to progress though the game... and since i had no additional armor or weapons or gems or gear in general due to not playing previous unlike on the pc..... it was totally vanilla.

First off, not only can you dodge/roll on the console..... there are numerous other benefits that are made OBVIOUS right from the moment you start the game. But the rolling is a huge mechanic that makes gameplay vastly different, as it lets you get out of the most impossible situations that affect PC gameplay significantly, letting you dodge attacks instantly if you're fast enough to hit the trigger for it. The game plays way better on a controller too arguably too, much more comfortable. When i emailed blizzard about providing xbox controller or general controller support for PC.... they basically declined with no hesitation. Additionally a few other people that fully agree with my experience and ideas regarding it, have also tried and posted online in public forums only to experience a massive backlash from PC game players that claim that the keyboard/mouse are superior and that they just need to learn how to play the game properly as the accuracy is so much better on pc. I call bullshit for the most part again.

On the PS4 i managed with NO advantages like i did on the pc... to level from 0 to 70 in the same location doing the same job in around 15-20 hours. Within that span i counted 50+ legendary drops or there abouts (lost count).... EVERY piece of equipment i wore was legendary multiple times over... I had to expand my stash several times in order to try and keep all that shit. I also received several pieces of green armor already made along with tons of recipies and shit that i've never managed to collect on the pc version even though i've leveled SEVERAL characters up on hte pc version.

Adding more salt to the wounds, the cost of expanding your stash on the console is incredibly cheap... when i say incredibly, that's an understatement. Additionally buying recipes from certain npcs at certain times is a fraction of the cost..... it costs 2 million on the pc... and 200,000 on the console for the same ones as an example.

Making gems is also significantly easier and cheaper on the console.

Crafting is easier...... enchanting/replacing stats on gear is easier/cheaper.

While i would say making things easier doesn't necessarily mean better.... this changes the game significantly enough that you can actually progress though the game without ending up with shit gear and struggling to even play on higher difficulty settings.

On the PC version with probably a solid 200+ hours invested in the game.... i can barely play the game on Torment 2, it's a struggle due to shit gear and shit drops and shit gold and shit everything... plus as i mentioned.... trying to dodge attacks and pinpoint specific enemies due to the shitty selection boxes makes for a frustrating game. It didn't seem frustrating when i only played the PC version.. but after playing the console version.... i look at the PC version as nothing but the worst possible console port job among the worst of the worst. There is no rhyme or reason for why the pc version is so damn inferior. Let alone no reason at all for any pc defender of the game to bother defending it.... why.... i haven't a clue.

The other thing is the fact that there is simply more awesome shit that happens on a console as well. For example I've played with a few specific friends on the pc .... hosting or joining specific private events... up to 4 players.... played through no problems and nothing out of the ordinary...

On the console however.... cool shit actually happens outside of just making drops and mobs better/harder. Diablo like monsters and assassins spawn and try to kill you randomly throughout the game while playing. At first i hadn't a fucking clue what was happening on the console... we were playing and suddenly a loud trumpet was sounding a small dialogue box appeared saying something about someone coming... and then suddenly a demonic portal opens up and a bunch of these assassins for specific players pop out along with sometimes a single raid style boss or half a dozen bosses almost, that aren't easy to kill, harder than any other monster in the game.... Fun as fuck too. Suffice it to say, if you end up getting slaughtered repeatedly and managed to eventually kill them all, they tend to rain multiple legendary/green and blue and even purple highend gear/recipe drops along with unique cool bonuses. Additionally, they have a habit of dropping "gifts" that are legendary items or even ancient legendary gear/items tailored to people on your friendlist that you can send off to them. When they log in they check the mail and see the item... and they are usually pretty badass as well. It's ultra rare for a PC legendary drop to have anything remotely cool in it.... i'm talking insanely ultra rare.

Add to this, you don't necessary have to be playing cooperative to end up with this shit happening. In one event i managed to have 3 assassin demon portals open with the trumpets and whatnot during a single hour and half game session playing completely solo.

Those are just a handful of several OTHER factors in which the console version is just vastly superior experience.

2. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

[​IMG]

:D
    If you're even REMOTELY fond of Dungeon Keeper at all, BUY THIS GAME, my god it's awesome, 100% faithful to the series in every single way, the humour from the narrator is brilliant. Gameplay is brilliant, visuals are brilliant, sound design is brilliant, LOVE IT

3. tastyweat

tastyweat Lurking

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
    Tipstaff, Calliers and MIG-31 like this.
  4. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Tasty! :)

5. Takaharu

Takaharu Unus offa, unus iuguolo

What screen res are those Titans powering?

6. Judas

I know someone that recently blew their load on 3 of the titanX's....... then the radeon fury x's were announced..... they now hate themselves completely outright as for 1/3rd of the cost, they'd have had the same gpu memory accessible capacity, with likely equivalent to better performance not to mention lower power consumption.

7. IvanV

What bugs me about Furz is whether 4GB is going to be a limiting factor on the new Radeons or not?! Previous gen had 8GB versions and there were situations where that proved beneficial.

8. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

[​IMG]

Calliers likes this.
  9. Judas

A lot of people aren't sure about it either.... however with recent improvements in making space efficiency significantly better.... and the fact that this is only a first generation HBM.... on top of all that, there appears to be a lot of people adopting the newer APIs quickly as even just the quick switch from directx 11.x to 12 is apparently a lot easier than most would think, so a lot of developers have been suggested to be making fast patches and such to enable directx native support for even older games (if there is still support for it).

I'm running 2GB on a 4k panel, what i can say is that i definitely do run into senarios where the frame rates dip due to texture thrashing... however it doesn't actually happen often unless i play a game like skyrim which simply explodes any vram card...... even the 6GB radeons could be made to struggle in that damn game....

Either way.... i honestly don't think 4GB of vram is going to play to hard on most peoples systems.... seriously, there aren't going to be a whole lot of people using 4k displays let alone eyefinity yet... it's still even relatively rare for a lot of people to have 2560x1440 displays.....

10. tastyweat

tastyweat Lurking

2560x1440@144Hz :)

11. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

What's that lens on that 5D mk III ?

12. Takaharu

Takaharu Unus offa, unus iuguolo

Looks like a Sigma 35mm f1.4, though I may be mistaken.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  13. tastyweat

tastyweat Lurking

Yup... Sigma Art 35mm 1.4 in that picture... I also happen to have:

[​IMG]_H5A2652 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

[​IMG]_H5A3271 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

I have a 135L F2 too... but for some strange reason... I'm having trouble finding the photo I took of it.

[​IMG]_H5A3266 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

[​IMG]_H5A3268 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

[​IMG]_H5A3270 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

Planning to get a 50L F1.2, 16-35L F2.8 and 24-70L F2.8... although there are rumours of a new 24-70L F2.8 with IS included just around the corner... so it might be worth the wait.

The 70-200 F2.8 is an awesome piece of glass... but it is redundant considering my main usage scenarios & the primes I have plus the Sigma to take things further.

Rather enjoying the hobby... might have my first commissioned gig at a wedding in August... so that'll be fun :D

For the sake of being a chauvinistic pig... I might as well show these bits off too while I'm here... hehehe:

Yaqin 2A3 integrated valve amp... tube rolled with Sophia Electric 2A3, 12AX7 and 12AU7 choobs :D

[​IMG]_DSC6928 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

[​IMG]_DSC6925 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

[​IMG]_DSC6920 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

Trusteft likes this.
  14. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

What no nifty fifty???

15. IvanV

That amp is a work of art!

tastyweat likes this.
  16. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

For those who don't know the nifty fifty is Canon EF 50mm F1.8 mk II but now it's replaced by the new EF 50mm f1.8 STM. It's a dirt cheap around 125 USD in the states. Here's DP Reviews sample gallery : Link

17. tastyweat

tastyweat Lurking

I don't want the 1.8, I want the 1.2L :p The 1.8 has different glass finishing techniques and the plastic feels like a dog's chew toy... the 1.4 is much better and not that much more expensive... but the 1.2 has that magic quality about it like the 85 1.2... the other lenses just don't seem to render colours the same way.

It is on my list of lenses to get... but I prefer the 35mm and 85mm focal lengths, so got them first.

18. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

You know you guys could all be speaking in greek to me.

Tipstaff likes this.
  19. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

Did you look the link I put on my last reply? Canon updated the 1.8 to meet the modern DSLR needs. "Canon’s super spectra lens coating, a 7-blade aperture and STM technology for smooth, near silent focusing."

20. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

Just bought this and all DLC I think in the current Humble Bundle:-

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015