Show your new stuff

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Bolletje, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

i find it amusing..... among all the pokemon go players.... team instinct is always the one getting shit on... and ironically they are the only ones that generally couldn't give a shit what anyone thinks.. meanwhile most Valor players are always "alpha" like gloaters and mystic are nose upturned asshats.... not saying all obviously... just most... Still it's amusing to listen to valor/mystic bother bashing the living shit out of instinct constantly...

Calliers likes this.
  2. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

:p

What team are you? Valor?

3. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

Everyone in my house is Valor. :)

4. Calliers

Kingston Digital HyperX Predator 240 GB PCIe Gen2 x4 Solid State Drive 8-Inch:

[​IMG]

SteelSeries QcK Starcraft II Gaming Mouse Pad-Marauder Edition:

[​IMG]

IvanV likes this.
  5. Dyre Straits

This is due to arrive tomorrow. Will likely arrive while I'm at work. But, I need this for the setup I have with several HDMI feeds to a single HDMI Input on my 4K TV. This is ONLY to accommodate my two game systems and my ROKU connection for the time being. I MIGHT pick up a 4K BD player at some point.

[​IMG]

Calliers and Trusteft like this.
  6. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I love hdmi switchs/hubs. I have one I use for 6-7 years now, best tech money can buy. :)

Dyre Straits likes this.
  7. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

I started citing my workplace as the delivery address for all of my online orders. The postman seems to be a decent guy, unlike the one serving my area, and other services usually only deliver on work days and by 4PM. :)

Dyre Straits and Calliers like this.
  8. Judas

with the tvs i've been selling and using... almost all of them have at least 4x HDMI... some of them have 5 or 6 actually. But this becomes overly redundant when you've an AMP that accomitates 5-8x HDMI ports.

I've not seen a HDMI switch that supports 4k though, and many of the tvs, specially the off brand models, only support 4k on 1x hdmi connection.. some 2x... leaving the other ports restricted to 1080p.

9. Dyre Straits

For some special items, I have delivery sent to where my son works. The only downside with that is if it's coming FedEx. Their delivery guy will ... all too often ... show the item delivered when it hasn't been. That should be a cause for dismissal in my book. The UPS guy and others are good, though.

10. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

One of my coworkers discovered the same thing about his postman. He got really upset, because the stuff could have been court documents, with some time limit running from the day they were (supposedly) delivered and good luck trying to prove that you didn't get them on that day when they have it in black and white that you did.

He recently got the same guy on camera delivering some bills and National Geographic into his garbage bin, instead of into the large A4 sized mailbox right next to the can. This time the Post will take some disciplinary action (actually, they were going to do it the last time, but the postman begged the guy to withdraw the complaint), they already went to my friends home to check everything out and informed him that there was no mistake on his part (his mailbox is in the proper place, it's the correct size and shape etc).

11. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

I'm surprised as there are a bunch out there from IOGear, Startech, Matrix, and such. Personally I usually buy the Blackbird 4K Pro series from Monoprice. They seem to work right out of the box, and even support 4K up to 60hz, which you usually see 30hz on other boxes. The only thing I can't seem to clarify is if it supports HDMI 2.0 or not. They list HDCP 2.2 support, so I kind of assume it does as I've only seen that listed as part of the HDMI 2.0 spec.

Dyre Straits likes this.
  12. tastyweat

tastyweat Lurking

Upgrade time... finished this at the weekend. Early stage though as one of the reservoirs was leaking so I have to rebuild the loop when the replacement arrives. Also plan to re-route a little bit of the tubing... going to go top GPU -> top radiator -> CPU -> res instead of the routing that's there at the moment.

Spec:
    6950X @ 4.5GHz
    32GB Corsair @ 3400MHz @ 13-13-13-32-1T
    Asus Rampage Edition 10
    2x Titan X Pascal
    2x Monsoon MMRS Res
    Hardware Labs Black Ice Nemesis GTX 560
    Hardware Labs Black Ice Nemesis GTX 280
    Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2+ Xtreme 280 white
    XSPC RX480 480 white
    Dual-D5 EK PWM pump
    EK Supremacy EVO CPU block
    2x EK Titan XP blocks
    Corsair RM1000i
    Bitfenix Alchemy Green cables
    10x Corsair ML140
    5x Corsair ML120
    Caselabs SMA8 Gunmetal
    Bitspower Crystal Link tubing
    Bitspower fittings
    EK fittings

Also some UV cathodes to add (current ones broken in transit) and LED strip that runs off Asus Aura header.

Currently running 400GB Intel 750 + 512GB Samsung SM951 + 2x Sandisk Extreme 1TB + 2x Intel 730 512GB

Waiting on delivery of Intel 750 1.2TB, Samsung Evo 850 2TB and WD Black 6TB drive to add to the system but they won't be here until mid September. The 400GB Intel PCI-E SSD is then going in wifey's new WC build which will be based around Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX + HWL BI Nemesis GTX 280 + MSI XPower X99 + 6800k + GTX1060 or GTX1070.

Early piccies, will spend some more time with the camera when the final build is complete.

[​IMG]_H5A6829 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

[​IMG]_H5A6842 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

[​IMG]_H5A6843 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

[​IMG]_H5A6848 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

[​IMG]_H5A6851 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

[​IMG]_H5A6867 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

[​IMG]_H5A6871 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

[​IMG]_H5A6880 by CosmicLogos, on Flickr

Tipstaff and IvanV like this.
  13. Calliers

Destiny Game The Taken King Platinum Logo Men's Sweatpants Black:-

[​IMG]

14. Trusteft

Hmm, a bit too effeminate IMO.

15. Takaharu

Takaharu Unus offa, unus iuguolo

Do the ribbons work with SLI? From what I've seen they need the high bandwidth bridge.

16. Dyre Straits

Well, there's a bit of disappointment with this new 5 x 1 HDMI switch that arrived yesterday afternoon. :(

I'll post the Spec list in a moment. Per the spec sheet, it appears that everything I needed would work for what I got it for. But, that's not the case when it comes to the new XBOX One S when trying to use the 4K option via the switch.

What is strange to me is that, with the XB connected directly to the TV, 4K works just fine. BUT, if I run it through the switch, I get a black screen IF the XBOX is set to use 4K. It will revert to 1080 with a warning.

If I set the XBOX to 1080 and then go to the settings and check the 4K compatibility, I get this...
    AND, FWIW, when I connect directly and check it, I get the same screen and info...but, it works!

4K-TV Details.jpg
    And, here is the Spec List for the switch...

5x1-HDMI-Switch-Specs.jpg

Could it possibly be the cable? I do have some I can try BUT, getting to the back of the TV at this time is something for an acrobat to do. ;)

AND, since we're still talking about our new stuff here...this is one other situation I'm running into with the new XBOX One S: Keep in mind that I traded in my previous console for the new one.

When I start Red Dead Recemption, I get this warning....
    CloudSavedGames.jpg

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  17. Trusteft

Very excited of this. Brand new sealed copy of Starglider for the Atari ST circa August-September 1987.
    The first game I ever owned on any system. My original copy long gone.

[​IMG]free photo hosting

Dyre Straits and IvanV like this.
  18. Judas

dyre... it's possible that it's the switch... tv... or cable(s)

19. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Dyre, I assume you are using the original cable you had hooked up to the TV from the Xbone, correct? And now have it going to the switch? I would try taking the cable that is currently connected from the switch to the TV, and connecting it directly to the Xbone to see if that cable gives you the same error.

20. Calliers

So couldn't do without a PS4 especially now that I'm bloody waiting for my PC's motherboard so stepped out and bought this today and pre-ordered Rise of Iron (in the Destiny Collection):-

[​IMG]

Tipstaff and Dyre Straits like this.