Show your new stuff

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Bolletje, Aug 5, 2009.

1. arb65912

arb65912 Active Member

Thanks! :)

This is TOTALLY UNRELATED to this post , just came to me when I was reading some arguments on Facebook...
    Someone said somewhere and I totally agree.

"Arguing on social media is like running in Special Olympics, even if you win you are still a retard!"

I did not mean to disrespect any disabled or mentally challenged people of course, I just liked the saying and wanted to share with you all.:)

Calliers likes this.
  2. Calliers

Calliers Is turning over a new leaf..... Staff Member

Yeah, that one is old gold.

arb65912 likes this.
  3. Jac

Jac Well-Known Member

This is my 'new' case... which is the same as my old case - in fact this was the case I actually ordered but the merchants sent me the wrong one. At the time my system was in pieces and when it arrived I was impatient so built my system and then was too lazy to dismantle it all and send it back. So finally after 13 years or so I have the case I wanted.

CM1.jpg CM3.jpg CM2.jpg

Needs a bit of modding to give it a more modern look. I'm gonna paint the bare metal interior with some satin black. Remove and paint the drive latches in some gloss black. Sleeve the coloured cables with some black sleeving. The build I am creating will have an onboard M2 so I will remove the panel that acts as a quick dock for hard drives in the bottom - free up some space and give some clearance for my GPU which fits in to the other case but only just.

4. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

I would use my own photos if the damn shippers hadn't splattered shipping labels all over the original boxes. <sigh> Amazon.. pah.

Anyways, first up (hard to see the faint text) Logitech Pro X headset Logitech_G_Pro_X_Headset_01_marked.jpg

Next up, Logitech Pro keyboard

maxresdefault.jpg

And lastly, Days Gone for PS4. Now at a reduced price.

[​IMG]

Calliers, IvanV and Trusteft like this.
  5. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Logitech always made at least average keyboards, but lately they have improved even that by a lot.
    How is Days Gone? I am waiting for the price to fall, but I have to admit it looks like my kind of game.

6. Tipstaff

Unfortunately I only had time to install it last night, and I might not get a chance to play it until the weekend now. From what I've heard it's a pretty decent open world survival game (but... it has some bad stealth mechanics).

Logitech... I stayed away from them for anything but mice for the longest time. Not because they had bad products, but that others had better, or catered to what I was looking for (ie. 87 key keyboards, brown mechanical switches, audiophile quality headphones, etc.). I did a lot of research on these 2 items, so we'll see how they fair.

IvanV and Trusteft like this.
  7. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

Nothing Flash, just a couple of essential stuff.

Just a Amazon Basic Shredder.
    81HM1ZlI23L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

A Texet Laminator.

71t2D5LB1qL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

As both my existing ones were old and seemingly decided to fail at roughly the same time..

And some Pouches.

911nWUDu15L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

8. Jac

Jac Well-Known Member

I have been using Logitech peripherals for as long as I can remember. I had a dirt cheap, white media keyboard sometime around the early noughties. From there I splashed out on a Illuminated keyboard and when that failed I bought another one. It had a real clean, minimal look to it and very bright white lighting.I still have it ready for a second build.

I recently upgraded to my first mechanical. A Logitech G915 and after a few months of use I am finding it actually pleasurable to type on. I got the tactile one and it has a very nice positive feel to it without being overly 'clicky'.

G915.jpg

This one is wireless, no noticeable lag and I have managed to get a month out of the battery despite being someone who is on the PC a good 8 hours a day.

9. Calliers

I used to be hardcore into Logitech, but now I've switched over to Corsair, the products I've bought from them have lasted eons, my keyboard is on it's second year, my mouse it's fourth and my headset lasted 3 years before it broke, btw it still worked, the plastic arm broke coz I dropped it one too many times. I replaced it with a Logitech headset initially, but then returned that and got this:

A Corsair HS60 7.1 Surround Sound Headset, Carbon Edition, which strangely, has seen it's price go crazy, I got it for $107.00 and it is now going for $150 (down from $199) on Newegg.ca and a whopping $400 on Amazon.ca:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
    Tipstaff likes this.
  10. Tipstaff

I was looking at the Logitech Pro X, Logitech G433, Logitech G935 RF, HyperX Cloud Alpha Pro, HyperX Cloud II, Sennheiser GSP 300, Astro A20 (now owned by Logitech), and the Corsair HS60 Pro. All the reviews said the Corsair HS60 Pro had bad mid-range, and that it had USB connection issues (where the computer wouldn't recognize the headphones), so that dropped it from the list for me. Hopefully it works out for you, Cal.

11. Calliers

So far so good, knock on wood, and I am finding the sound to be excellent to say the least. :)

It has great lows, and me being a person who loves bass I just love that it does.

Tipstaff and arb65912 like this.
  12. MIG-31

Long time I have made a purchase...Again nothing tech related, just something to keep us dry when a delivery is made...

A Door Canopy for the front and back door... ;)

61cWPKZIduL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

13. Trusteft

I thought it was an item for Subbuteo or something.

MIG-31 likes this.
  14. Calliers

Got this for my brother (I now also hold the world record high score for Yellow by Coldplay on this game :D ):

[​IMG]

15. Calliers

16. MIG-31

As things go with the canopy, I knew they were the cheap end and Did not want to spend too much in reality....

The most fiddly part were putting it together on my own. The Black Supports seem strong enough just not too sure on the main cover... A windy day may just give this a test...

I have not got around to the front door yet as i need to move a security light into a different position.

[​IMG]

Dyre Straits, Trusteft, IvanV and 2 others like this.
  17. Trusteft

Fellowship of the Ring anyone? :)

18. MIG-31

Just a little follow up, Got the canopy installed today, as I said previously I needed to move a outdoor light.. It turned out to be not only longer than I thought.. It were a safety issue...

When I turned off the fuse so I could disconnect the light I wanted to move.. Opened up the old junction Box just to see rain water spill out. The water marks were within a few millimetres of the main terminal connections... Even though they were starting to corrode due to the damp within... Never once did I have a fuse trip...

[​IMG]

New junction box..:)

ae235.jpg

19. MIG-31

Just a few additions to our house...

A Dyson V7 Animal Vac..

Untitled.jpg

A pack of two centre Filters from amazon at the same price of a single filter direct from dyson.

71F8u57pBQL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

A Double Pack of rear Filters at half the price direct from Dyson. Again from Amazon...

61XvdvokKCL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

And now for me a new pair of Nike Air Force 1 shoes.

air-force-1-07-shoe-3nGnlt.jpg

Calliers and Trusteft like this.
  20. MIG-31

Just a little pre-order and the first game I have actually purchased a I little while.

71JvFsnnWAL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Calliers likes this.