Show your new stuff

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Bolletje, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

I picked it up... pre-ordered it months back, but I'm in the middle of other games atm, including Tarkov and Immortals Fenix Rising (plus I'm on a retro binge again :D ), so it'll be a while before I get to it. Which should be a good thing as when I do it should be more fleshed out patch and server wise (heard there's a bunch of issues they are working on, and I'd rather not be frustrated with it).

Calliers likes this.
  2. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

Yeah people keep dropping, lol.

3. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Logitech MX Anywhere 2S

upload_2021-4-4_20-54-51.png

Half of my firm uses one so, with the left click on my old Logitech M705 Marathon acting up more and more lately, I finally buckled under peer pressure and had the company buy me one as well. It's a nifty little mouse in many ways, although I have to say that it's not a perfect one.

First, the good. It's fairly compact, which is good because I will be carrying it around with my work laptop and it fits my hand well. Also, while it's not fully symmetrical, having tried it in my left hand out of curiosity, I think that apart from the side buttons it would also fit lefties nicely. It also tracks quite well, even on glossy surfaces, which is important for my use case because from time to time I find myself in a meeting room, sitting at some fancy glossy table, without a mousepad.

Connectivity is good, it comes with Logitech's "Unifying receiver" which, I think, can connect up to 6 devices simultaneously (and the dongle supplied with this mouse is really tiny, smaller than the one from my old M705), but it can also work over Bluetooth, which I am currently doing (and it's sharing the connection quite happily with my Bluetooth earbuds). Additionally, there are options for using this mouse with multiple devices at the same time, including one that enables it to just move the cursor from one device to the next as if they were parts of the same extended desktop (haven't tried it).

The mouse has a built-in battery. Since this is my second day with it, I haven't had the chance to really test it, but from my coworkers' experience, the it lasts a fair amount of time between charges.

That brings me to the first aspect of this mouse where I have mixed opinions. Charging is done over USB, the supplied cable seems to be of decent quality and the mouse is perfectly usable while charging. Having said that, at 65cm, the length of the supplied cable is ok, but with all of the USB ports on my laptop being on the left hand side, a few more cm would not have hurt. It's also micro-USB. As far as I'm concerned, micro-USB was just as useable a connector as USB-C is, so there was no need to change it, but now that we have a new connector type, which isn't really new anymore, will everyone please use that one?! My mom got a budget Motorola phone that was released only a few months ago and it's a perfectly decent device for the money, but I was really surprised to see a micro-USB on a new smartphone. Why?!

All that is minor, though. The one big flaw of this mouse, at least according to me, is that it doesn't have a middle click! Reading the user reviews, you'll often see it mentioned, with people saying things like "you can enable it via software", but that is not entirely true. The wheel on this mouse has two modes, one is regular, in which the wheel is moved one discrete position at a time, and in the other mode it just spins freely for quick scrolling. And that is cool, I had that on M705 too and I liked having both options. The thing is that on this mouse you switch between these two modes by pressing down on the wheel, like you would normally do for a middle click. And it's not configurable, because it's a mechanical thing! What you can do is map the middle click to some of the numerous other buttons on the mouse (such as the button behind the wheel, or tilt wheel left, for instance), but that will take some getting used to.

The only other niggle that I have is that the side buttons are slightly too "heavy" for me and that the actions of different buttons of this mouse are not nearly the same. The main left and right click buttons are fine, the side buttons require a lot more force, making me move the thumb from its groove on the side of the mouse when I want to use them, and the button behind the wheel is the lightest of all.

The software seems to be on point. Windows 10 recognized the mouse on its own, installed the driver and offered to install the Logitech Options app as an optional extra, which I chose to do because I wanted my middle click somewhere. The app seems to be simple and efficient (although I only used it that one time so far), it does its job and is unobtrusive (doesn't put an unnecessary icon in the tray).

And that's that. Quite a good little mouse, although the middle click thing kind of has me wondering if I would have been better off with something else.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
    Calliers and Trusteft like this.
  4. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

5. Calliers

One of my good friends just got done playing Horizon Zero Dawn and he loved it.

As for Glitchpunk, I can't say much. :p

6. Calliers

7. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

oh you bought fifa2012's DLC 21

Tipstaff and Trusteft like this.
  8. Trusteft

9. Tipstaff

When "Fast" isn't fast enough, we give you "Super Fast"! LOL

BTW, which Microsoft Golf is that? Looks like the box for 2.0.

Trusteft likes this.
  10. Trusteft

That's F-29 Retaliator. They were not kidding, it was fast and gorgeous when releaased.

It's Microprose Golf, not Microsoft.

Tipstaff likes this.
  11. Tipstaff

Ah... nice. Microprose. Bought a lot of their games. I really miss the original company.

'92. So many good games that year. Dune II, Star Trek 25th Anniversary, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Star Control II, and Wolfenstein 3-D. Not to mention a bunch of good console games too.

Edit: ok.. same content, but had to move shit around.. just.. didn't make sense. I blame the drugs.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
    Trusteft and Dyre Straits like this.
  12. Calliers

LOL! Actually because the last FIFA I owned was FIFA 17 there is a lot of change for me, I am enjoying the game a lot. It is fun fun fun. :)

The dynamics and flow of the game are very different.

13. Trusteft

Microprose, SSI, Lucasfilm, Anco, Digital Integration, interstel, Argonaut Games, Gremlin, Sierra, Maxis, that's more or less '80s/'90s paradise to me.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
    Calliers and Tipstaff like this.
  14. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

Just a little new, In the Previous posts in here. I bought a Nextbase dash cam from Halfords (UK) it came with a 32GB Memory card...

over the last week it just run out of space, then it will delete older files to continue to record the latest images...

I got home on Thursday to find a Bus Lane Violation Notice on my doorstep.. :(

I thought my Dash cam could of gave me the evidence to be able to contest it... Sadly it got recorded over..

NextBase Dash cams only supports U3 Micro SD Cards to a max of 128GB, for my dashcam. @ Nextbase a 64GB card is £35...

While on amazon a 128GB SanDisk HIGH ENDURANCE Micro SD is only £19.45... :)

1.jpg

Trusteft, Calliers and Tipstaff like this.
  15. Calliers

For all my loose change and notes:

[​IMG]

16. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

:D Cute!

Calliers likes this.
  17. Calliers

Thanks. :)

I've realized something by observing my best friend though. Most people nowadays use plastic to pay for everything, hardly anyone ever uses cash any more, he is 58 now and he still withdraws actual cash from the ATM and pays for almost everything cash. I am one of those that uses my card to pay for everything, and I do do a lot of online shopping.

Did you know today only 1.78 percent of the total money supply in the world exists in the physical? The rest exists in computers alone. Funny that. In the 60s about 40% of the money supply was physical.

18. center_table

center_table Active Member

A nice treasure chest but the contents of this are what matters.

Calliers likes this.
  19. QB71

QB71 Well-Known Member

I only keep money in my wallet for emergencies (power outage) or when I am somewhere that only takes cash (rare place indeed!)... I don't even use an RF blocking wallet and I just tap may wallet to pay everywhere. Cash is so cumbersome and annoying!

QB

20. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

I tend to always keep at least 200-500 dollars cash handy, this will likely grow in order to cover some more significant surprises and to ensure i've got something saved safely.