Show your new stuff

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Bolletje, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo DREDD do You require backup .... NO

Managed 1 night of play then my wife has been stuck working on some late accounts for work but we loved what we played so far

Calliers likes this.
  2. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

That's good, me and the friend I'm playing with have had a long hiatus. He just bought a new house, so basically moving everything from his old house, buying furniture and remodeling has taken up his time, and he doesn't think he'll have any time to play for about 2 months or so, we're about half way through the game however. Hopefully the both of us can get back to it soon as it is a lovely game.

Another game you guys might wanna try out is "A Way Out", it has the same idea, requires two to play co-op to finish, and the cool thing is that only one of you has to have a copy.

3. Calliers

So couldn't get a first party one at MSRP, went instead with this one; Cipon Wireless Adapter Compatible with Xbox One Controller/Windows 10/8.1/8/7, it's gotten good reviews so we shall see.

[​IMG]

4. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

Far as i know every motherboard still supports CSM/Legacy mode... it just has it's caveats

I prefer setting up machines with pure UEFI though, specially going forward or in situations like right now where a gaming machine is being built but due to lack of gpus they are opting to just limp it along with a lowend gpu, however they plan on installing a UEFI compliant powerful gpu down the road as soon as one can be gotten. So i'd hate to build a system and get it stuck in legacy mode because i sure as hell dislike the legacy to uefi conversion.

Also this is the fastest 400gb of data i've ever transferred

[​IMG]

Calliers and Tipstaff like this.
  5. Mr Cairo

Yeah what we played so far was good, fun puzzles and good dialogue

My son and I have played that one and I honestly wish there were more PS games like that I love couch coop games

Calliers likes this.
  6. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

HAWGUAR Gaming Desk from Amazon. Was a lightning deal for $84.99 (CAN). Red one got some good reviews, although it has a different leg design. If it doesn't work out I'll pick THIS one up, and give the Hawguar away.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
    Trusteft and Calliers like this.
  7. Calliers

Didn't know how low the volume would be on my headphones with the Astro wired so it has been relegated to my PC, replacing my aged Corsair HS60 headphones there and this is what I got for my Xbox Series X, SteelSeries Arctis 1 Wireless Gaming Headset for Xbox – USB-C Wireless – Detachable ClearCast Microphone – for Xbox One, Series X, PS4/PS5, PC, Nintendo Switch and Lite, Android (I'm also considering getting the Mixamp for my Astro):

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
    Tipstaff likes this.
  8. Calliers

Razer Kishi for Android (Xbox) - just in case taking a controller and clip with me when I leave home is too cumbersome:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

IvanV likes this.
  9. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Do you find yourself gaming on the go?
    Last time I used a phone for proper gaming was like 15 years ago or more. I say proper as in not just to check a game out of curiosity and play 5 min.
    Though I don't tend to travel any more, even when I did I found it must better to listen to music or read a book, than anything else.

Calliers likes this.
  10. Calliers

Not really, hoping to get into it.

Also I do find myself using my clip and controller to just game on my phone (Xbox Cloud and streaming from my Xbox) when I'm just laying in bed getting ready to sleep and too lazy to turn on my Xbox or PC or just around the house when I'd like to sit outside and game or something like that. I've found it's really nice to not have to be in one room constantly to game.

Plus I can see myself using both my Otterbox clip and controller and this Razer Kishi whenever I go to Alberta to visit my little brother from time to time.

Trusteft likes this.
  11. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

After loosing my dad a month ago.. Now had a change of the lay out of my house...

My PC came with a pci-e wifi that does not accept either my current speed or 5G network due to the restrictions of the 2G capability's.

Have had to swap it for a TP-LINK Archer TX3000E PCIe Wireless Card that should not only accept my current speed. This has Dual Band Support.

513LG9rlRSL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Trusteft and Calliers like this.
  12. Tipstaff

13. Tipstaff

BTW, for anyone in Canada there is a bundle deal on right now at Canada Computers. Get a Ryzen 7 5800X CPU along with the Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite motherboard for $648 before tax (shipping is free). I don't have a link, but go to the 5800X on their site, and down below the description will be the board and bundle. They say the deal is a savings of $170, but in reality the CPU is on sale everywhere for $500, and you're paying $148 for the motherboard which, on sale, is around $210.

There's also a bundle deal for the 5800X and the MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus for $638.99 which I do have a LINK for. Pretty much the same deal, but the Gigabyte has better VRMs, which I would recommend first.

Calliers and IvanV like this.
  14. Mr Cairo

New VictSing Ultra-Slim Gaming Keyboard ... lovely texture when I use the keys nice and responsive I do use it without the lights though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
    Calliers and Tipstaff like this.
  15. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

Not new... but sort of new.

I built this guitar back in the late 80's... Sold it to a guy in 2005... He's selling it back to me for the same price.

By the way. There is only one of these, I never built the same guitar twice.

Koa Aviator.jpg

IvanV, Mr Cairo, Trusteft and 2 others like this.
  16. Calliers

DEFACE CAT 7 Ethernet Cable 25 Ft White Flat Gigabit High Speed Gigabit Shielded RJ45 LAN Cable for my Xbox Series X coz I'm tired of waiting hours to download stuff, I don't know why the hell they didn't put WiFi 6 on it instead of 5, and all that jazz (as for why it is CAT 7, a little future proofing never hurt anybody):

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
    Mr Cairo likes this.
  17. Calliers

18. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

I received one of my Samsung 870 Evo 4TB drives finally after waiting an extra week for delivery.

Only to discover the package was tampered with, and the seal broken... i immediately had a sense of dread wash over...

[​IMG]

19. Calliers

Oh my, talk about bad luck....

20. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Where did you buy it from?