Show your new stuff

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Bolletje, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

Amazon.ca as new, directly from amazon's own. "sold and shipped by amazon"

2. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Wow, that's just weird. 20 years of ordering from Amazon (UK, Germany, USA) I never had anything even close to this BS. I hope you get your money back.

3. Judas

due to my purchase history i'm sure, they are sending a replacement without even needing me to send back the ... well.. useless box and 120gb mac patriot ssd.

Trusteft likes this.
  4. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

I've had one, and only ONE bad instance with Amazon, bought some Oakley sunglasses and I could tell by the hinge that they were fake, I basically told Amazon, and my bank, Amazon sent me a replacement which was real and my bank reimbursed me. So it was a little hassle but in the end I was in a better position than in the beginning.

Trusteft likes this.
  5. Trusteft

People blame Amazon for some things, and perhaps they are at least partially right. But they are not this popular out of sheer luck, or just shady practices.

Calliers likes this.
  6. Judas

as much as i despise the fact that due to the one local place i was sourcing my products from closing their doors suddenly and screwing over tons of people.... i had to regulate my purchases for computer components through amazon mostly. Hell even newegg rarely has a better option. The only alternative in terms of something "more local" is the bloody memoryexpress which is headquartered in calgary... but having dealt with them, they demand a minimum of 100,000 dollars annually to be processed through them in order to get any kind of business/corporate wholesale discount from retail, and being a store, they never have anything cheaper than amazon usually, let alone stock anything that i intend to buy, pretty much their entire business is nvidia and intel driven, sure they have usually a few amd cpus but they, much like the other one i was previously using, are heavily bias towards those products regardless of the current market trends.

I mean shit, for a long time i was getting charged a surplus of 2% due to having to utilize a credit card since they wouldn't provide me a store credit and then send me a 30 day statement... on a 10,000 dollar purchase, that's an entire entry level graphics card that they just took because i made the purchase with a credit card, imo bullshit.

I'm ALL for keeping business local, even when it costs more, but as a business, i'm forced to get my parts where i can, reliably. And so far that's amazon, whom when things have fucked up, have outright offered to replace or send entirely new.

I just had a monitor come in that was wrong, literally matter of seconds to sign in to the site, submit a request for replacement due to being sent the wrong item, and provided a prepaid shipping label to send it back. Sure it's a pain in the ass because i had a sale for the damn thing that now is delayed and a disgruntled customer, but had i been working with any local place, it often ends up being far more paperwork and often a pain in the ass as theres often distrust or excuses to go along with why i can't return or get it replaced. Outright wrong products is the easiest, but if i were to have received that 4tb drive with a swapped out one, pretty sure the prior company i was dealing with would have laughed in my face, even though on record since 2003 up until march of 2020 when they shuttered, i had provided nearly a million perhaps a bit more dollars worth of sales for them.

Last year i had a package delivered to my sisters since they won't ship to me for some items at all, it didn't appear to show up even though it said delivered, suspected someone swiped it or it was given to the wrong place, reported it to amazon, and they didn't even ask questions, they just sent me an entirely identical package, about $1900 worth.

Trusteft likes this.
  7. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

On an interesting note, I just received an accordion from a seller off of Amazon. I think Canada Post had an issue with me buying from them though...

IMG_20210701_192634_Bokehn-min.jpg IMG_20210701_192704_Bokehn-min.jpg

Calliers likes this.
  8. Trusteft

Ouch.

Calliers likes this.
  9. Calliers

Xbox Rechargeable Battery + USB-C® Cable (New model):

[​IMG]

10. Tipstaff

Calliers, IvanV and Trusteft like this.
  11. Tipstaff

Payday.. so.. next piece of the build. Only 1 left.. the very very difficult one to get: the video card.

Seasonic FOCUS PX-850:

focus-px-850-accessories-labeled.jpg

IvanV, Calliers and Trusteft like this.
  12. Trusteft

13. Tipstaff

I believe it's just a circuit loop. You put that on the ATX connector with the PSU turned off, hit the power switch, and the PSU should start. It would essentially let you know if any power issues are due to a dead PSU or a motherboard.

Very limited use really. Nothing like the PSU tester I have here.

Trusteft likes this.
  14. Trusteft

Sounds potentially helpful.

15. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

It is, but in a pinch you can get the same functionality out of a paperclip. I'd have to google which two pins on the ATX connector need to be shorted for a PSU to start, but that's all it takes (I've done it in the past).

Calliers and Tyrsonswood like this.
  16. Trusteft

Yeah, no thanks.

17. Tipstaff

It's pins 16 and 18 if I recall.

Anyways, I prefer my digital tester though as I can test peripheral connectors (still have my Antec one that's going on 11 years now). You can get them with LCD screens that show the voltage on each rail. They're cheap too, $5.00-$10.00 if you look around Amazon or AliExpress (like THIS one).

IvanV and Calliers like this.
  18. Calliers

You sir, are truly a great man.

19. Calliers

I already have this game on PS4 and Steam but it's just so good...and yes, it is a physical copy, couldn't find it anywhere else for a decent price. Got it for one third the price they're charging on the M$ store. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

20. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

New to me....

ACER Aspire E-17 Notebook with Windows 10 x64. (Originally Windows 7 and upgraded.)

This was used a few years ago by my now 92-year old mother. I was there this past weekend to update hers and my step-dad's PCs. I recalled that she had a laptop that I hadn't seen in quite sometime. I asked about it and my step-dad found it tucked away in the back corner of one of the closets.

She had not used it since 2017 when they were on a trip to a convention a few states away. She now has a small tablet that she likes to use.

I asked her if she had any plans to use this laptop anytime soon. If not, I was sure I could put it to use. After thinking on it for a bit, and discussing it with the step-dad, she said for me to just go ahead and take it with me.

I copied off of it anything of hers and anything that she might actually have any interest in having. After that, I did a complete wipe and reset of Windows 10 Pro x64.

This one is quite large! 17 inches across and a 1600x900 screen. Manufacture date was around 2013.

20210712_220115.jpg

Trusteft, Tyrsonswood, IvanV and 2 others like this.