Show your new stuff

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Bolletje, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

So pulled the trigger on the following decks, first, the deck I will actually be opening and using on the daily, Sirius B V3 Playing Cards:

[​IMG]

Then I got these, Blue Monarchs, as seen in the hit movies Now You See Me 1 & 2, NRFB:

[​IMG]

Then Purple Monarchs:

[​IMG]

Then Green Monarchs:

[​IMG]

Then Red Monarchs:

[​IMG]

Now for the Limited Editions, firstly the Paperwave Venomous Edition (I really like these cards):

[​IMG]

Then the Oblique:

[​IMG]

Then the Play Dead deck (this one is probably my favourite):

[​IMG]

And finally the IZO brick:

[​IMG]

Tipstaff likes this.
  2. Calliers

Vintage 80's 20 Cassette Tape Storage Rack Clear Holder Acrylic, found this on eBay, cards are roughly the same size as a cassette tape in it's case so basically it's a life hack to use cassette tape decks as card holders :) :

[​IMG]

IvanV likes this.
  3. Calliers

Picked up a few more, couldn't resist after visiting Theory 11's website just now, Artisan Playing Cards (Premium Deck):

[​IMG]

James Bond Playing Cards:

[​IMG]

Mandalorian Playing Cards:

[​IMG]

And lastly, Avengers Playing Cards:

[​IMG]

Edit: Oh, and I also picked up another Play n Charge kit from the M$ store (it is an older model because it is for one of my Xbox One controllers):

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
    Tipstaff likes this.
  4. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Nah. Amazon usually, sometimes Etsy, or any time I'm out and about at a game shop. I just like the unique look/feel of some decks. My favorite deck is my Kevlar set, while I use my gold and silver embossed carbon fiber set the most.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
    Calliers likes this.
  5. Calliers

You do realize that 52Kards has like a plethora of custom cards, and on top of that they are about 10 dollars on average cheaper than Amazon, provided you buy a bunch of decks at a time because they do charge shipping, although if you spend over 75 dollars US you get a bonus deck and if you spend over 100 dollars you get some kind of bonus too.

Tipstaff likes this.
  6. Tipstaff

I'll take a look at them for next time. As they are US based let me know how it goes (i.e. if customs hits you up).

At any rate, I'm an occasional buyer. Usually just the odd cool and unique decks. For instance I just bought 3 decks from Gent Supply Co.: the Mythical Creatures I & II decks, as well as the Day of the Dead deck (bought them through a buddy in the US as Gent doesn't ship to Canada.. or anywhere else.. except Indonesia.. which makes me think that's where the cards are made).

Calliers likes this.
  7. Calliers

Hmmmm, I want to keep my collection strictly on cards that "may" appreciate, which is why a lot of them, around half of my collection, I will never open. The Sirius B V3 Playing Cards I got above cost just 10 USD and basically aren't limited which is why I will be using them, the Killer Bees set by Ellusionist on Amazon.ca has caught my eye, that will probably be my next deck, but I don't think I'll go ham like I did this time, I'll just pick up a new deck every few months. (I'll have 6 slots free with this new case I'm getting) I will be opening up and using my Killer Bees if I do get them though it is looking very likely, I can't justify getting them just now because I've already spent $350 today alone.

I'll let you know how it goes with customs, although I did buy those cards from the last post on Theory11's site and they did say that I might have to pay some duties in some cases, I'll just roll with it.

Speaking of cases, how do you store, or present your cards? I'd like to have my cards stored and presented in a cassette tape deck for vanity reasons, purely, just because I think it would be nice to show them off otherwise, why own them AND not open them if you're not going to show em off a little? I have a safe in which I will probably put my most prized possessions once I see what the values are like going forward, but for now I'm just starting out, the Victoria deck I posted before is manufactured by Dollarama I found out and that explains it's poop handling, I don't even use it anymore, I already gave it away. Just patiently waiting on the Sirius B V3 Playing Cards (my little bro bought me the Victoria cards, he just got it coz I told him I'd lost my other deck of cards and we wanted to play a couple games but then we didn't even end up using them that weekend when he came up).

As you know from the previous posts on the other page, I basically am into this whole card game for cardistry, I wanna become a decent cardist at least. I was wooed by the feeling of doing a cut and then rotating and catching and it was like just...magic. :)

8. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Capitalist pig!

Tyrsonswood and Calliers like this.
  9. Calliers

Just got these off of Amazon.ca, the White Artisans:

[​IMG]

And Killer Bees by Ellusionist (which I will be using, apparently the feel of these cards is breathtaking):

[​IMG]

Tipstaff likes this.
  10. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

Nearly two years ago, I bought a brand new 2020 Kia Soul. It has served me well for over 21K miles. However, a month ago I got a recall letter. The matter was potentially very serious. It was discovered that, in some of the engines of this year's model, there could be a defect in the piston rings. In some cases, the rings were not properly heat treated. That meant that it was possible that the rings could shatter. If they did, one of two or both things could happen: 1. the oil consumption would greatly increase, and 2. the engine could catch fire.

When I received the letter I called my dealership to set up an appointment for inspection. I was told it would be TWO MONTHS before they could schedule one. I told the service rep, "Well, I guess I'll call you when I get a check engine light!" and skipped the scheduling.

So, this past weekend, I went into the dealership and spoke with a sales rep. Under the circumstances, I was potentially driving a "time bomb" and, what if, instead of going through the recall process I just decided to trade the 2020 model in for a newer model?

We sat down and, the end result was: I got a new 2021 model, like the '20 I already had. I got lower interest rate, lower monthly payments, and no out of pocket money. Not only so, but, the '20 was needing new tires and I didn't have to buy new tires, either.

This is now the third Kia Soul I have owned and, quite frankly, these cars are made for me...and my style. They have a 10 year/100K mile warranty with a three year, 'bumper-to-bumper' warranty or up to 36K miles.

Attached Files:

11. Tipstaff

Almost all my decks are in custom wood storage boxes. The 2 decks I use the most I keep in a small vintage game card box on a side table.

Speaking of Theory11, the Artisan deck you bought, they have a 4 card set (2 white, 2 black) that comes with a limited edition wood box. I've got that set too. I'm also looking to pick up the new Star Wars Black and White set (I have the Blue and Red one already) from them.

Calliers likes this.
  12. Calliers

Yes, the Star Wars ones looked really nice, so did the Saturday Night Live one, but I dunno, I didn't feel as drawn to buy those.

For now, the blade is sated within me. It will hunger once more probably around Xmas. There'll be lots of deals around then too so I'll most likely pick some up then, see the ones I got, 95% of them I won't even be opening, just two packs to use and play around with as a beginner cardist, and that is why I'm still looking to buy more, ones that I will actually get to open and enjoy.

Do you ever keep any of your bricks NRFB? I had wanted to buy that collector's box of Artisans but decided against it ultimately, in favor of buying more decks of different kinds. Seeing as you're a collector I don't believe you open all your decks, no?

13. Tipstaff

Can't say I'm a real collector. Might have a dozen decks so far. I can say I buy to use though... except for 2 sets: my Cartomancer V2's (they're works of art imo), and my vintage deck of late 1920's blue back Apollo's.

Calliers likes this.
  14. Calliers

The Apollo's must be worth quite a bit, maybe 200 US or thereabouts? I know 1890s ones go for about that much.

I don't have any vintage ones and although I do have a lot more custom decks than you, as well as more than you in general, I've been collecting for like what, a week if even? So yeah, looking forward to this journey.

A little update on the tape deck display I bought, so basically, get this, the seller emailed me yesterday and said it was still listed on eBay as a mistake and they had long destroyed it due to space constraints, and next thing you know, my order's cancelled. My money was back in my bank today so no biggie. So I still had a storage problem, then I figured, I've got a sufficiently deep ledge for storing things and all that runs and wraps around half my room in an "L" shape, I put the three decks of Monarchs (Blue, Green and Purple) I received today on there after creating some space for them and presto! I have the perfect space to both showcase and store my decks. On the entire ledge I could probably store hundreds and hundreds of decks 1 row in, no need to even double it for the foreseeable future (also, good thing is the ledge isn't "that" deep so basically the card decks don't look dwarfed or out of place).

So I'm set pretty much, no need to do anything about storage for a long long time. Once that runs out though, I'll probably get one of those turn-style older cassette tape decks that holds tapes in the 100s, a nice tall one, and then I'll be sorted for quite a while more. So yeah LG, Life's Good (and as always, I thank the Lord). :)

Tipstaff likes this.
  15. Calliers

White Aurelians by Ellusionist, buying with intentions to use, I love the Killer Bees set, it handles so beautifully and fans so well. :)

[​IMG]

16. Tipstaff

Of all the things that could happen.

Remember my post about the 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe drive I bought off Amazon?

https://forum.hardwareheaven.com/threads/show-your-new-stuff.188046/page-393#post-1609655

I just finished building the new machine, loaded up the bios, and got a nice little shock: Samsung 980 250GB NVMe drive in M2A slot. Like, WTF!?! Pulled it out, put it into the M2B slot, again, 250GB. Loaded up the Windows installer, 250GB drive (well.. 237GB). Just in case it's the mobo (highly unlikely given that it's a Gigabye X570) I decided to throw it into my current rig. Sure enough, 250GB. Un-f'ing believable.

This is when I start to notice something wrong. Take a look:

IMG_20210728_201756.jpg

Firstly, the label is backwards on the face of the SSD. With the connector to the right the label should be right side up. It's not. Then I realized that there's not enough chips. Should be 2 RAM chips on the left. Not 1. The Samsung 980 non-pro has 1 chip. The label though.. it's legit (nvrm the way it looks in the image.. it was being compressed by the heatsink).

So.. Amazon, after apologizing profusely, is crossing shipping a replacement. Fun times.

Calliers and Trusteft like this.
  17. Trusteft

Wait was this a third party seller or Amazon itself?

18. Tipstaff

Shipped by and sold by Amazon.

Box was sealed tight. Original seals too. Makes me think that either they were sold fake drives from a 3rd party, or that this switch up happened at the manufacturing plant. We'll have to wait and see what they send me tomorrow, but at least I know what to look for this time.

Trusteft and Calliers like this.
  19. Calliers

Holy hell, that must suck. Sorry to hear that. Oh well, at least you're getting a new replacement.

And the nice thing: Amazon lets you keep the messed up order. Usually.

20. Trusteft

First time I hear of something like this happening. Good luck.