Show your new stuff

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Bolletje, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Picked this up as a portable screen. Absolutely gorgeous.

Cost me $180.59 US in the end ($237.45 CAN) after several discounts.

AWOW CreaPlay E6

[​IMG]

2. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

Nice one, makes me think of those digital photo frames.

IvanV likes this.
  3. Calliers

So I passed my written test today and my new car was delivered, Star Certified 2018 Mercedes E400 4Matic (it came with 3000 miles/4080km on the dial), feel like I can put it here now that a) I actually have it and b) I can actually can drive it now :D :

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
  4. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Congrats! Usually, when I see a white Mercedes with a red bow in the media, it's some "famous because she's famous" chick getting a birthday gift from her sugar-daddy. :D

Random memory going through my head: A few years ago, a friend of mine's car broke down, so one of our bosses borrowed him his wife's. The boss had one instruction for my friend: Don't try to break with your left foot! The thing was, it was an automatic and my friend had never driven one before (they have only relatively recently become not that unusual around here), so he was used to having his left foot on the clutch and his right on the throttle and break. Of course, while he was giving me a lift back home that day, on a straight section of a road, he made sure no one was behind us and gave it a go, just to see what would happen. It was a good thing that we were wearing seat-belts! :D He didn't mean to break hard, but he had no feeling in his left foot, which was used to pressing the clutch and not breaking. That was what he had been warned about.

Dyre Straits, Calliers and Mr Cairo like this.
  5. Calliers

LOL! :D

Now that's an interesting story!

Yeah it turns out if you're getting an E Class with all the options on it, and higher, say an S Class, the dealership makes such a fuss about it, provided it is very low km and it is from a Merc dealership. Really makes the process seem special. :)

One thing that I should mention, I don't know if you notice it, but the bumpers and side skirts are the AMG package, meaning I can't park too close to the curb or I'll ruin them.

tigermafia and IvanV like this.
  6. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Enjoy your new car. Drive safely and don't be stupid with it.

Calliers likes this.
  7. Calliers

Oh I know, like I said in the car section, if I wanted a boy racer car I would have gotten one. This is all comfort. (And I strongly believe even if you have a boy racer sporty vehicle, if you want to race the track is the proper place for that)

Edit: And thanks btw too. :)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
    Trusteft likes this.
  8. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

honestly the first thing you should do is take it to a reliable tire place and order some Cross Climate II Michelin tires for it. Get rid of the tires it comes with... any dealership tires are completely suicidal garbage, even on some of the $150,000+ vehicles.

Calliers likes this.
  9. Calliers

My little bro was saying if I want to stay with All Season tires to get Nokian tires, apparently they're the best All Season ones according to him.

It did come with some Pirelli All Seasons.

10. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

Honestly take a look at the cross climate.... they've won significantly in every aspect... and they even look cool even though i value cosmetic appearance, for a tire as completely irrelevant.

I've had a pile of dedicated winter, even illegal tires that are steel studded (not legal on our roads), and a range of other tires across a number of the vehicles, and i was curious when i came across this video that delved into these AI created tires that were then further developed and fine tuned.

My sister puts on quite a few thousands of km per year, and has gone through even more tires than i ever have and likely will have, and including all season, i managed to convince her to get these put on her car and specially in saskatoon when we get into todays kind of weather where slush and in various streets that don't get scrapped to the pavement, resulting in single lane ice tracks, she was quite happy being able to pull out of those tracks even though they are up to 4 or 5 inches deep with these tires.

I'm not a tire fanatic, but in all seriousness, these are utterly fantastic for icy conditions, and even exceptional in the heat of the summer. Hell i was pretty damn impressed with how the handling driving through deep puddles at high speeds on the highway, as hydroplaning with these tires really just doesn't happen due to their design.

The other major benefit is that as it wears down, it's effectiveness doesn't degrade like other tires which is a huge plus. When other tires get down to in around 80% remaining life, they've already lost quite a bit of their potential, and by 50%... they really start to perform poorly. Where as these tires keep proving their worth.

Seriously i didn't expect much from them, but i've managed to get myself out of icy/muddy/sopping wet situations that i'd previously get easily stuck in without effort.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
    Calliers likes this.
  11. arb65912

arb65912 Well-Known Member

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Now , drive it!!!! :)

Calliers likes this.
  12. Calliers

Thank you!

I will soon. :)

Eye test tomorrow, failed eye test at the exam center and didn't have my glasses on me, have to drive with my glasses, so I need to take another eye exam and get a new prescription strong enough for driving then I finally get my learners and I can drive it with another driver who has their full license in the passenger side.

arb65912 likes this.
  13. Calliers

Thanks for this, my little bro saw the video and was like "wowza!".

Think I know what tires I'll be getting next after these here ones. :)

14. arb65912

So the process continues. The only thing I do not like is that you have to have someone with the license as passenger.
    Why didn't you you go for all deal so you can drive yourself?
    You have to have learners first?

Calliers likes this.
  15. Calliers

Yes, you have to get your learners first. But I am planning to go for the road test pretty soon, and drive like the pope, once I pass that then I get a full license.

arb65912 likes this.
  16. arb65912

Then... Fast and Furious ;-)

Calliers likes this.
  17. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

Standing up in a glass box, waving at people?

That doesn't sound particularly safe...

Calliers likes this.
  18. Calliers

I knew someone was going to say this! :D

What I meant to say was like a saint or drive like an angel lol.

Nah, fun fact is actually the E400 isn't all that sporty, it is comfortable sure, but it doesn't handle as well as say an M3 or WRX STi.

arb65912 likes this.
  19. arb65912

OK... than Slow and Furious ;):D

Calliers likes this.
  20. Calliers

Yes slow and furious. :D

You know, it was actually between this and a 2018 Mercedes E400 Coupe, but the Coupe got sold while I was still pondering, so just went with this one. I'm glad I did because this one is more practical.

arb65912 likes this.