Show your new stuff

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Bolletje, Aug 5, 2009.

1. arb65912

arb65912 Well-Known Member

No, I did not get an empty honey bottle, lol,lol,lol.
    I got AK Interactive Surface Primer for my SU-27 and tested it with airbrush, love the results. IMG_1182.JPG

2. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

That reminds me, I should get to painting my Warhammer 40K figures...

Calliers and arb65912 like this.
  3. arb65912

arb65912 Well-Known Member

I am doing it as a side hobby, I am developing SU-27 for X-Plane flight simulator and I wanted to see what real 3D model looks like as photos and diagrams are not good enough to figure out how things are shaped.

Tipstaff and Calliers like this.
  4. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

Decided to get the disc version of this game, King of Fighters 15:

[​IMG]

Tipstaff likes this.
  5. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

Got this for for my Playstation 5 (it has a PS5 update):

[​IMG]

Tipstaff likes this.
  6. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Cooler Master MM720. The mouse shares the shape with my current mouse, the Xornet II. The scroll on my old mouse has been a little wonky for a while (not too badly, but the effect of turning the wheel by one position can be somewhat random) and I also had to open it, so I had to peel off and reattach the teflon feet which went... Well, not too badly, but I know it's not perfect, so it's bothering me.

Generally, though, I love my old mouse: the shape, the light weight, the smooth glide over the pad, the tracking... and it wasn't even too expensive back in the day, so I wanted another one like it and the generically named MM720 is it's direct heir, with identical shape, but updated with the now obligatory speed holes and RGB, as well as a new (and apparently pretty good) sensor, optical switches rated at 70M clicks, an extra pair of teflon feet (a welcome addition), optional vinyl side grips (for those who want a similar feel in their hand to the old one, although I will probably not use them), a cloth wrapped cable and a decidedly upgraded price, although at around 40€, which is what I paid for it, it is still reasonable compared to what else is out there.

So here it is, in all its glory:

1653390385028.jpg MVIMG_20220524_124719.jpg

Actually, it looks quite a bit better in person, with a blacker shell and a more vibrant (but still not distracting), nearly pink lighting (the lighting can, of course, be adjusted). The bottom photo comes close to what it looks like IRL. The feel in the hand is perfectly familiar, the holes don't make the feeling weird and it is pleasantly light and the very short testing so far makes me feel that it's a keeper for me.

BTW, the moment I ordered this mouse, I realized that I had a Glorious Model O that I got as a gift almost two years ago still sealed and seriously thought about cancelling. I decided to unseal it and give it a whir for a couple of days, until this one arrived. It's a pretty good, modern mouse (with proper RGB strips). The shape feels weird after using something completely different for years (especially my pinky, which doesn't know where to go), but I can't say that it's uncomfortable and I don't think that it's actually weird, it looks pretty classical if anything.

The tracking is good and the default 1200DPI setting seemed to be right to me. Having said that, it would take some adjustment. Like I mentioned, the shape, while not distracting, did feel a little strange and, while I'm not super accurate with the mouse I did notice that, while moving diagonally, I tend to hit the right height on the screen, but fall short horizontally with this mouse. I doubt that it's the mouse, I'm guessing that the ratio of horizontal and vertical friction is simply a bit different from the Xornet II. As for gaming on the Model O, I couldn't notice anything wrong when I tried some light shooting, but (you'll laugh) in online bullet chess (which is regular online chess with one minute per player for the whole game, if you haven't tried it, don't), I just felt slow. As for the MM720, it immediately felt right in everything, so I'm sticking to it. :)

EDIT: There is one more physical difference between the MM720 and the Xornet II: the DPI selection buttons are now just one button and it is now on the bottom of the mouse, next to the sensor, instead of right behind the wheel. That's actually another (although pretty irrelevant) thing that no longer works quite right on my old mouse. Despite having been clicked very few times, I recently discovered that those buttons barely worked anymore (you'd usually have to make several presses to register one).

Last edited: May 24, 2022 at 3:38 PM
    Calliers and Trusteft like this.
  7. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I used to have a Xornet (1) which I loved and found they no longer made. BUT soon after that I found they made Xornet II. I bought one, loved it and bought two more which now I have no idea where they are. Regardless, I use my Xornet II mouse for several years now and it is easily one of the best mouse I have ever used. Thankfully it also still works and no I still don't know where the other two are.

Glad to see that if I won't be able to find another Xornet II, at least there is this MM720.
    Enjoy your new mouse. I love my Xornet II.

EDIT: The only issue I have with it, and all other mice in the last 20 years, I can't make the middle mouse button to work anywhere. I don't know why.

Calliers and IvanV like this.
  8. IvanV

For now it seems like it will work out really well. I just know that I'll be asked why I replaced a perfectly good mouse. :D (and to be frank I'm definitely not throwing the Xornet II away)

Regarding the middle click, clicking a wheel does feel slightly awkward for me as well, but I use it all the time. There are mice where the wheel is deeper down and almost flush with the top surface of the mouse, perhaps that would feel better.

Calliers likes this.
  9. Trusteft

No no no no. It doesn't register. Not just this mouse. Any mouse I use, any PC, any Windows version. The last time I remember using the middle mouse and working was...perhaps early Windows XP days.

IvanV and Calliers like this.
  10. IvanV

For a moment I thought that you meant that, but it seemed too unlikely. Black magic!

BTW, I got a second opinion on the mouse: "It looks like a bug!" - "What? But it's the same as the last one!" - "Yes, but it's got those lights shining through the honeycomb, eww, I don't want to touch it!" :D:D She'll get used to it.

Trusteft likes this.
  11. Trusteft

Are you sure she was talking about the MM720?

IvanV likes this.