Show your new stuff

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Bolletje, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Even though my old Sony MP3 player is still going strong after 3 years of almost constant use (I use it every time I go out) I found I was having to switch out music too often, and it can be real slow to transfer songs due to it's use of MTP (even overriding the driver, switching it to a USB one, wouldn't fix this). The only way around this was to go BIGGER, and wouldn't you know it a bunch of sellers had the 16GB E355 series player on sale for $100. I just couldn't pass it up. ;)

For comparison my old one is on the right, the NWZ-S618B, while the new one is on the left, the NWZ-E355B.

Now I just need a decent case...

Attached Files:

2. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I love SONY's mp3 players. Great quality, built, sound, looks.
    Congrats on your new player. I am sure it will provide many hours of good music.

I have two remaining SONY players, the NWZ-A826, it is about 3 years old and the NW-E407, 6 years. Both still 100% working. Love them. Tipstaff you have great taste in players. :)

3. trip1973

trip1973 New Member

i was wandering if someone had the codes for the half life

4. Stuart_Davidson

Stuart_Davidson Well-Known Member

Yes, go out of the building and turn right... wander 3 blocks down on the left there is a grey door. Knock 3times, pause and then 4 times... wait. DO NOT knock 3 times then 3 times... When it opens, ask for Gordon. Dont take no for an answer... he will be there and he has the codes.

Good luck.

5. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

He doesn't have them anymore. He gave them to me. ;)

6. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

I thought you were supposed to turn left...... :wtf:

7. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Thanks, Blue. I was a long time Mini-disc user (3 generations of them.. hell.. still have the last 2 I bought), and it took me 6 months at the time to find that Sony player. Tried every damn player on the market, and I couldn't find anything that sounded as good, or lasted as long (hard to beat an MD players 30+ hour battery life, and all from a single AA Ni-MH battery). Finally came down to either Cowon (iAudio U5 if I remember) or Sony. Everything else had a smaller sound field (Sandisk), no custom equalizer (kiss my a$$ Apple!), no FM (make that twice Apple!), crappy bass, some had tinny sound, cheaper feel, and all had a tiny battery (woot.. make that three times Apple!). Sony won, obviously.

Come to think of it I was torn between getting the cheaper S618 ($169), or go for broke, and get the more expensive 16GB A829 ($320). 2x the price, no need for Bluetooth, and no FM were the deciding factors.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  8. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

Missed this post earlier

the 600D is MUCH lighter/smaller than the 7D (I need to use the battery grip for it to fit in my hands) but the image quality is pretty much identical - same sensor/processor

Like you, I had a 350D until mid '09 when it fell apart. Replaced it with a 450D - bigger screen, better button layout, better photos etc. The 600D has pretty much the same ergonomics as the 450D - almost the same button layout, slightly bigger grip, makes it easier to hold - and adding the BG-E8 makes it perfect for my larger hands.

The video on the 600D is the same as the 550D/60D/7D so don't expect any surprises, the articulating screen is quite useful here, but like all dSLRs, don't hold your breath for quick auto-focus - manual all the way (just like a pro video camera)

I'll be testing the manual audio controls (which the 5/7/60/550 lack) with my Zoom H1 when I get a chance and report, but should be quite fun

The thing that really tipped me over when considering it over saving over twice as much for the 7D, or going with a 550D, was the price - AU$1000 for the body (although working at a camera retailer only paid AU$845) and the wireless flash control - as you can see from the above picture I've got both the 430 EX II and 580 EX II Speedlites, going to be quite fun playing with these!

EDIT: here's a couple of pics of the camera in my "club" setup - 600D, BG-E8 battery grip, EP-EX15 II Eyepiece Extender, Speedlite 580EX II, EF 28mm f/2.8

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also posted a few pics taken with that set-up here

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  9. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

i still miss minidisc
    but since my Sony deck crapped out on me, and my portable player just stopped, i've had to admit defeat :tears:

Sony NW-A808 here btw, can't believe i persevered with that stupid, stupid iPod for as long as i did tbh :rolleyes:

10. Bolletje

Bolletje New Member

Last week I sold my Sony player, the NWZ-A728. The supplied earbuds were really nice, but they died after a year.

Since then I didn't used the player as much as I used to. So some cheap Samsung earbuds would do the trick.

Now that I listen to more music I thought it would be nice to have some better earbuds, so my earbuds I received today:
    [​IMG]

Beyerdynamic MMX 100.

I think it's a nice step-up.

11. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

Didn't think I'd ever buy one of these but I got rid of my home phone service and wanted a cellphone that could do it all.

iPhone 4 16gb+ Otterbox Commuter case

[​IMG]

12. niceguyrichy

welcome to the Dark Side... ;)

13. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

14. niceguyrichy

[​IMG]

also got a 1TB sammy F3, but you all know what they look like already :p

15. blibbax

blibbax nahm8

Isn't that a fairly small upgrade over your 6870?

16. niceguyrichy

yeah, but i got fed up waiting on ATi gpu's being properly utilised by the F@H people, so i sideways upgraded :)

17. synthesis204

synthesis204 New Member

Shiny new guitar:

[​IMG]

Taylor 814CE ^^

18. niceguyrichy

Need moar pics :)

19. skylineaddict

skylineaddict Sleep Deprived Ant

[​IMG]

As much as I hate buying locked phones from service providers, it was either that, or this (Not really, but you understand what I mean):
    [​IMG]

$50 with a contract or ~$400 without. Naturally, I went with the contract deal. I feel like I've just signed my life away for 2 years :\

Windows Phone 7 is surprisingly good, although it's too simplified (I feel like I'm using an Apple product). Still, it has a 4" AMOLED screen, something the iPhone wishes it had.

20. synthesis204

synthesis204 New Member

AT&T is evil. So is Verizon.

All hail the Germans (and Sprint)!

@niceguyrichy: i'll take some more later. But I'm loving it so much. First rosewood guitar.