Show your new stuff

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Bolletje, Aug 5, 2009.

1. crowTrobot

crowTrobot Active Member

I like Surround sound, the only thing I don't like is dealing with all the wires!

Forget about Cancer and AIDS, scientists should be focusing on making a TRUE wireless surround sound speaker setup!

2. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Do you like the analog sticks?

3. Stuart_Davidson

Stuart_Davidson Well-Known Member

Have you heard of anyone who doesnt?

4. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

i dunno, they were a PITA for Golden Axe.. :rolleyes:

5. skylineaddict

skylineaddict Sleep Deprived Ant

After getting a pair of EH250s, I haven't even bothered with anything other than Sennheiser, except for earphones.

6. Trusteft

Not yet, all I hear is how bad the d-pad is for fighting games, but I never use it (dpad) anyway so I don't really care for it.
    I am just worried buying one (mainly to use it for my PC but I guess 360 too), and having compatibility issues or something. (I blame the developers not Razer for any such potential issue)

Now, if it would work for PS3 too, then it would be an insta buy for me.

But yeah, I will probably buy it the next time I am to buy a controller.

7. Kizo

Kizo HHs Valve fanatic

New (my first) laptop :D, Asus N53SV

Specs:
    CPU: Intel Core™ i7 2630QM 2.0GHz (2.9GHz Turbo)
    RAM: 6GB DDR3
    GFX: GeForce GT 540M 1GB DDR3
    HDD: 500GB 7200rpm Hybrid HDD (with 4GB SSD)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2011
    Trusteft likes this.
  8. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

I hope they have improved the touch pad on that ASUS, my K series is touchy as hell.....

9. Trusteft

That's a good specced system. Well done. Enjoy!

Kizo likes this.
  10. CJLMTLCA

CJLMTLCA Ti > IT

I played Test Drive Unlimited and Black on the 360. Having the tension adjustment for driving is pretty cool, it allows you to dial in just the right amount of resistance for your liking. For a shooter, well, it limits the spinning-around-on-one-leg-while-youre-drunk move.

I played Mortal Kombat and Contra on MAME and the separated d-pad is not as good as the original. However, i just got it, so need more getting used to.

The original Microsoft controller is hard to beat, i love it. Razer did a good job.
    The cord is long, but i find it a bit stiff. The weight and texture is good. Microsoft has a smooth d-pad and clunkier ABXY buttons, the Razer has smoother ABXY buttons but a clunkier d-pad. I don't like the curved triggers. While i was playing TDU, my left finger kept hitting the left bumper which switched my view. Not what you want when you're in a Saleen, driving 200mph, trying to finish the Millionaire's Challenge.
    Before i used my right thumb to hit Start, now you have to leap over the right analog stick for that, so i have to get used to using my left thumb. Haven't tried the multi-function buttons yet.

I was thinking about how once you find the right tension for the sticks for a specific game, that you might end up undoing it if you switch games, maybe i can mark one of the teeth (white paint for instance) of the dial and then keep track of each position of each game. Or i can shut up and play some games...

One final note, the ABXY lights are puuurty...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trusteft likes this.
  11. Kizo

Kizo HHs Valve fanatic

Don't quite understand what you mean by "touchy", Tyrs...
    Overall it's been very good IMO. It has some control software called Elan, and it great. You can control various gestures that speed up the work on it. :)

Many thanks... ;)

12. Trusteft

Thanks for the update CJLMTLCA

13. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

Mine has that "Elan" software too, but they must have changed the pad itself or you would know what "touchy" means....... Breath on it and it would send 30 blank emails that you hadn't even written, look at it funny and it would delete that whole project you've been working on for the last 3 hours. :eek:

It's just way to sensitive.... Just to use it I have to have all of that Elan stuff turned off and sensitivity set to min.... and I'm still hooking up a mouse because the pad is unusable. Other than that it's a nice lappy, enjoy!

14. Trusteft

People actually use touchpads when they don't have to? I always found them more of a pain than good. Way too easy to erase or do anything you never wanted, by accident.
    Use a mouse. :) Or if anyone still makes them, get a laptop with a track eh stick or whatever it is called, like the old IBMs.

15. Trusteft

Finally found it at a good price. I am scared to start it, I don't know if I will be able to stop playing.

Attached Files:

16. [hobo]eclipse

[hobo]eclipse ...just bummin 'round

you'll have a break real quick when 2 hrs of playtime go down the drain n it must be redone. Srsly awesome game tho. Are the online servers still running? know thats not usually your thing tho.......

17. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Wouldn't matter if they are or not since PSN is down.. right?
    *Ok.. being sarcastic... sorry.*

Atlus extended (again) the date for the shutdown : October 2011, which is around the time Dark Souls comes out, so you got plenty of time to go get yourself ganked online (if that's your thing that is).

On a side note, Dark Souls, the "spiritual successor" to Demon Souls... this time it's multi-platform.

18. Kizo

Kizo HHs Valve fanatic

:rofl: Tyrs, you made me choke on my coffee..
    It doesn't look like we've got the same pad... :)

I am considering this. But not right now. :)

19. Trusteft

Well, you can't go wrong with Logitech (for mice).

20. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

New CPU and a new cooler for it! :) I can't say I needed the upgrade urgently, but I don't think I'll get a better opportunity soon - an AMD Phenom II X4 940 for just 78€ and a CoolerMaster Hyper TX3 for 15€. Considering that I've just sold my old graphics card and that I plan to do the same with the old CPU, the whole deal will end up costing me around 30-35€. :)

The CPU installation was expectedly the easy part, it just dropped in and later I loaded BIOS defaults and Windows asked for a restart, but that was it.

As for the cooler, at first I wasn't even sure how much a decent one should cost, so I started at the bottom and the TX3 was one of the cheapest that looked even half decent so I looked it up and saw a couple of nice reviews and, more importantly, that Tyrsonswood was using one with a similar CPU very successfully. In in the flesh, it seems substantial enough and the installation was mostly trouble free. Installing its AMD retention system was a little fiddly, but, once locked, it seems quite trustworthy. I'm not sure if I applied a bit to much thermal grease (first time I was doing that), but I think I'm okay. The 92mm CM branded fan with rubber feet looks nice as well and the entire cooler seems quiet and efficient, though I haven't been stressing it too much so far (the thermal compound needs a bit of time to settle in, right?).

[​IMG]

This photo actually makes the stock Athlon II 240 cooler appear much less small compared to the new one than it really is. :)

[​IMG]

The cooler is compact enough to not cause any problems with clearance. Also, it came with two more fan clips, so it's possible to arrange a push-pull configuration with an additional fan.

I did do some preliminary testing with Cinebench 11.5 64-bit and even the GPU score showed a nice performance increase.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oh, and have I mentioned that the CPU was a Black Edition? :evil:

[​IMG]