Show your new stuff

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Bolletje, Aug 5, 2009.

1. press

press New Member

Nice Mig-31, can u post some benchmark? :)

2. CJLMTLCA

CJLMTLCA Ti > IT

Damn, did i want to get a bike when i was younger. I was lusting over the Kawasaki ZX-11. Enjoy the ride!

Nice one Mig. Enjoy the drive!

3. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

4. sahara_mafia

sahara_mafia member

does it work

5. Dyre Straits

I did a test burn of my GOG games folder. That one folder is 18.2 GB in size. It burned without any problem.

I'm needing to get a BR movie now to see how well it looks on my 32 inch TV. ;)

UPDATE: I did get to watch my first-ever BR movie last night. I watched The Dark Knight. What a performance by Heath Ledger as "The Joker"!!! So very sad that he is no longer around to enjoy the accolades.

Due to my deafness, I just don't get to the theaters anymore like I used to and have also gotten away from even watching movies at home. But, with the new 32-inch LCD and a Blu-Ray drive, I may get back into watching some that come recommended. The last theater movie I went to see was Thor. If I hadn't had some knowledge of the background story, it would have been a bad experience.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
  6. Takaharu

Takaharu Unus offa, unus iuguolo

I got this a while ago but didn't post it:
    [​IMG]

Got this today:
    [​IMG]
    Quite pleased with it :)

synthesis204 likes this.
  7. sahara_mafia

sahara_mafia member

u need a popcorn machine :D

8. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

treated my iPad to a couple new Speck cases, a CandyShell and a PixelSkin :)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Dyre Straits

I just need to get some buttery microwaveable popcorn and I'm all set. :)

BTW, I did some more BR test burns last night and ran into a little problem: Windows 7 seems to be unable -- as yet -- to do a successful burn to a BR disc. I kept getting an error message which also stated that the disc may no longer be good. After trying three LTH type discs with no success, I then tried another of the original discs I bought with the burner. That, too, failed with the same error.

So, I started up the OEM Nero I have from a couple of years ago, and that worked with no problem AND on the same discs that Windows kept telling me were no longer any good.

Is this normal -- at present -- with Windows 7 and attempting to burn to BR discs? OR, is it perhaps just a compatibility problem with the media I'm using? Verbatim LTH as well as the "normal" Verbatim BR discs.

10. Uxot

Uxot Active Member

might get an Logitech G19 :>

11. sahara_mafia

sahara_mafia member

I was under the impression that win 7 compatible with BR , doesn't the drive come with its nero for BR, i guess win 8 would have it in built

12. Dyre Straits

I thought it was all good to go right out of the box, too. I did get a successful burn the very first attempt.

The drive I got is an OEM and, no, it didn't come with a disk at all. I may should have asked for one since almost all the previous ones I bought did come with them.

I'm kind of wondering if the trial version of CyberLink PowerDVD 11 is somehow interfering with the burns? It's the only program I installed since getting the drive to be able to view BR movies.

Otherwise, using the Nero version I have is working well enough to do the burns I want.

13. Takaharu

Takaharu Unus offa, unus iuguolo

I didn't think that Windows 7 was compatible with Blu-Rays as it can't play Blu-Ray films without third-party software. I'd never given it any thought as far as burning data is concerned but I don't have a burner anyway and I have Roxio...

14. Dyre Straits

Due to Blu-Ray discs being able to hold up to 25 GB of data, I'm considering the option of trimming down the many, many, MANY, CDs and DVDs I've burned over the years and get rid of a lot of unnecessary clutter. I don't have any idea of the actual amount of burned discs I have, but, it's got to be more than a few hundred. ;)

15. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

There are 50GB discs too.

16. niceguyrichy

i'm a bit of a sucker for trying out stuff that's a little bit 'different', and i saw these I-MEGO Retro Heavy Beats a while back and fancied trying them out, so bought them last week, arrived today :)

[​IMG]

edit: courier just dropped off a Roccat Kova for me to play with
    it's a bit small, but i actually quite like the feel of it so far :)
    (i ripped it out of the sexy box it comes in before i remembered to take a pic..)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  17. press

press New Member

:)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  18. synthesis204

synthesis204 New Member

Richy, can you tell me what you think of those cans / how much did you pay for them?
    And very nice, mate (;

19. niceguyrichy

well first off i said i got them cheap (i did say that on one of the forums somewhere..), and i did, i only paid £30 delivered for them. winning already [​IMG]

sound wise, well it won't surprise you to know that what they seem to really excel at is big heavy dirty low down bass :)

so far i've listened to Kanye - Beautiful Dark.. , Beasties - Best of thing, Cannibal Ox - Cold Vein, Madvillain - Madvillainy, Radiohead - Hail to the Thief, Massive Attack - Mezzanine, and just listened to most of Ed Sheeran's album too
    the low down grunt is truly awesome, just full stop awesome, but for a pair of cans that only cost 30 quid it's.... hard to describe :w00t:
    you know the first track on Mezzanine, 'Angel', right at the start of that when the bass starts to come in right? well pretty much every pair of cans i've ever owned (with 1 or 2 notable exceptions) has struggled with that first real real low bass sliding in, there's always some barely perceptible 'buzz'. not with these, smooth as :)

and i've not even looked out my headphone amp yet, i'm just running them straight off my Walkman and I/O panel atm.

the mids > highs are a little muddy, it has to be said, but for hip hop, or anything that wants a big bass kick, they're a total & utter bargain.

oh yeah, and they're a lot better looking in the flesh than in pics online btw ;)

(it should be said that if i were planning on listening to something like Lonnie Johnson, or Micah P Hinson, or even a Sigur Ros or some such, i'd pick up my AKG's ahead of these, but having said that they coped very well with the complexities of Hail to the Thief, they just lacked a little something. can i get away with using the expression "soundstage" at this point? if i can, the overall soundstage for more compex musical arrangements such as Radioheads latter albums is slightly lacking)

[/waffle]

20. Dyre Straits

Thanks! I'm just cutting my teeth on BR and taking it slowly.