Show your Old stuff

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Trusteft, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

It's been years since I last saw a nude one, but, it looks beefed up. Or is it just my bad memory.

2. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

You dirty dirty boy.

3. Trusteft

No, I am your father. No wait, wrong theme, I meant, I am not dirty, or boy, but thanks?

4. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

You're welcome young padawan.

5. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Now that's what this thread is about!

6. Liqourice

Liqourice Well-Known Member

No, you remember correctly. There's a VXL-30 with a 68030@50MHz on, also 2 MB 32-bit ram. Also have 4 MB ram on the SCSI-controller on the side so it's far from a standard A500.

Thinking about getting a Vampire V2 for it though to replace the VXL-card.

Trusteft likes this.
  7. IvanV

I fired up my old LG GT540 Optimus to mess with my wife. Her 4 years old Samsung is falling apart before our eyes and she is still reluctant to pick a new device, so I told her that I had a spare for her.

It's a 2010 smartphone which launched with Android 1.6, officially upgradeable to 2.1, unofficially upgraded to 2.3. Coincidentally, that version lost access to Google Services the other day, so it's not very functional, but it still had some ancient Opera Mini with HH in its history. I wanted to make this post from it, but something went wrong and the text was lost.

viber_image_2021-10-09_22-40-30-116.jpg

It's a weird experience, mainly because of the screen. As a mate recently put it, it's a push-screen, rather than a touchscreen, and I find scrolling really difficult (it's also possible that it doesn't function as well as it used to). It's also weird to see this many physical buttons: take call, home and hang up physical buttons (weird, but they say that these things evolved from telephones!), accompanied by menu and back resistive buttons at the front, dedicated Google and camera buttons at the right and the volume rocker on the left side.

It's also weird how unfunctional something that still very much resembles what we're using today has become: it no longer has access to Google Services, which makes it partially bricked, it's stuck with a browser that struggles with pretty much any page (and so does the CPU), the camera won't snap any photos unless I put a MicroSD card in, but the 2GB one I've got is apparently bad and any of the newer ones are likely too big and modern for it, despite fitting perfectly into the slot... heck, even LG itself is gone from the mobile phone business.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
    Mr Cairo, Trusteft and Calliers like this.
  8. Trusteft

Not sure how safe it is to go online with such old unsupported OS.

Mr Cairo likes this.
  9. IvanV

Probably not. :) I didn't really use it for anything serious though or extensive, I tried a handful of trusted sites and that's all.