Shuttle XPC SX58H7 @ DH

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles Discussion' started by craig5320, Nov 12, 2009.

1. craig5320

craig5320 Well-Known Member

Shuttle XPC SX58H7 Review

The first XPC was released in 2001 and since then Shuttle have continually been upgrading the range to utilise as many desktop features as possible into a compact chassis. One of the latest models to be released is their Core-i7/X58 based system the SX58H7 and today we have one on our test bench to find out if Intel’s latest architecture is a viable option in a small form factor.

2. 3.65 Kilos

3.65 Kilos New Member

Nice review. I was curious to see if it could comfortably fit longer cards, and it seems it can.

3. procupine14

procupine14 Why is it Beeping!?!?!

Great review guys. Really looks like a top notch system. The only qualm I have about the whole thing is that it seems like they could have gone without the sli business. I mean it was very nice of them to include this feature and I applaud them for fitting it in there but I think that having two reasonably high-performing GPUs SLi'd that close together is just asking for heat trouble simply because they are right next to each other with no method of exhausting heat outside the case and the 5770 gets hot enough having a vent to the outside built into it. Not to mention when there is the option of fitting the 5770 in there without major problem why bother?

Other than that I think this would make for one awesome HTPC!

4. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Absolutely spot on propupine14

5. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

The CPU feels a bit too hot.
    I like the form factor, but as with all similar systems, I don't get the extra cost associated with them.

6. procupine14

procupine14 Why is it Beeping!?!?!

why thank you:D I get it right once in awhile.

Also, I guess I forgot to add that they could have lowered the price slightly by not including the SLi but I think that pretty much spoke for itself.

EDIT

Also, I just looked really closely at that board.....thats a one-off cooler isn't it? There really isn't any other way another cooler could be mounted on there right? Just curious but I guess that there really aren't a whole lot of coolers short of water cooling that would fit into that spot.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009