Simple DSP

Discussion in 'Effects and the DSP' started by STAB, Oct 10, 2005.

1. STAB

STAB New Member

Hello all

Been lurking this place ever since i installed KX drivers in my rig (for an SB live 5.1 player), and never looked back at creative's drivers. Way more superior.

Main use is for music, movies and games. I do not record at all and not to mention i do not have any music knowledge as i am sure most of you have.

Anyway i have just (3 hours now) started messing with the dsp and i was trying to make it look as simple as possible. Been removing staff here and there. My final outcome is below:

http://img413.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsp8vz.jpg

This is the only one that will allow me testing of speakers (through KX). In the most simpler one Surounder is connected with FXbus0 and FXbus1 at in_L and in_R.

Anyway i do not have the ubber speakers to understand the differences of what i have done nor did i understand any differences trying some other plugins (prologica and surrounderlt).

However it got me into thinking how come when the timbre is only taking input from FRONT left and right and yet it outputs more bass at the subwoofer. The way i think about it is that it takes signal from Fleft and Fright and outputs bass at the subwoofer. that sounds kinda weird. Shouldnt there be a plugin that takes input from all 5 channels and using the freq Splitter to split the bass from the rest? and then output it at the SW(400b out18)?

I hope i make some sence. and any help would be apreciated. What i am trying to do is use the least amound of plugins to get:

1. surround from MP3, on at the surrounder (there is no tweak at the prologica though)
    2. Correct channel output at movies
    3. At games i use my plantronics, the DSP 500, so that is not such a big problem.

However there is no way to disable prologica, to play a game, and then reenable it other than doing it manually(cause sometimes u are alone and wanna play without headphones).

do u know of any plugins that allow this kind of usage? That is all for now, thanks for taking the time to read through this!!!!

2. JohnMcClane

JohnMcClane New Member

I'm not sure what you want exactly?! But anyway, I'll try to answer a few questions:

Just create two different dsp setups, one with/one without prologica and save both to your desktop. Then you can switch very quickly between these two presets.

The standard dsp preset is pretty good for music, movies and games. You can also try some other presets from http://my.kxproject.com

Prologica does not have a bass redirection option or all the modes that surrounder has. You could use surrounder in movie mode, which wll give you an upmix effect similar to prologica.

3. STAB

STAB New Member

wow thanks for the presets and the answer man. reallly help full.