Simple Question....X Box or PS2?????

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by HawgsHead, Feb 28, 2005.

1. HawgsHead

HawgsHead Rest In Peace

??????????

2. JavaFox

JavaFox E Pluribus Unum

That isn't a simple question at all.

What kind of games do you like? Are you looking for a multimedia box or just a game console? Give us something to work with and the question will be easier to answer.

3. HawgsHead

HawgsHead Rest In Peace

1st person shooters,action,etc...NOT kiddie stuff!I play Far Cay,Doom,Half Life etc......

4. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Then stick with your pc, the rig you have right now any console is a massive comedown if all you want is FPS. PS2 is ancient and the games look like ass. The Xbox is also pretty dated graphically but you can mod it to a multimedia pc (check out the DH article).

Wait until the next gen.

5. JavaFox

JavaFox E Pluribus Unum

Then get an XBOX. The PS2 has a lot of great games, but I would only get one to play RPGs and a few other gems.

The XBOX, on the other hand, has a ton of great action games that you'll enjoy a lot. If you can get one on the cheap, you can pick up stuff like The Punisher (the XBOX version is better than the PC version, if you ask me), Burnout 3, Halo 1/2, Riddick (although this is out for PC already), PSI-OPS (which is extremely fun), etc., etc.

6. jasonbourne

jasonbourne New Member

In My Opinion The Xbox Is The Best Choice

7. HawgsHead

HawgsHead Rest In Peace

But see,the WHOLE thing here is to get my wife into gaming,a bit at a time.Her idea of gaming is solitaire.You know,where I can let her win til she gets good enough to kick my ass.Understand what i'm talking about?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2005
  8. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

then get a gamecube. She'll enjoy stuff like Smash brothers and Mario kart more then she will metal gear solid

9. Cupillac

Cupillac New Member

Get an Xbox!!!
    It's like driving a Chevy (PS2) or a Cadillac(Xbox)
    graphics are sooo much better, huge hard drive compared to crappy PS2 Memory Cards and you can put tons of music on it!
    Or just wait till this fall/winter for PS3 and Xbox II

10. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

waiting would probably be a good idea. Buy an XBox 2 and then you can both enjoy it ;)

11. Red_Death

Red_Death New Member

At first I'd say PS2, cause I have one, but the XBOX does have the 4 controler option built in. PS2 you have to buy it extra. Does the XBOX have a LAN port built in, too? Don't know but you also have to buy that extra too for the PS2.

So as much as I hate Microsoft, I'm goin to say XBOX. Best deal for money (GameCube costs less but you get less). But if she isn't going to play alot of high end games right away I'd get the cheapest and wait for the next generation of stuff, they'll blow this generation of consoles away.

I hope.... :bleh: No wait, actually I'm a PC person so I don't care how good they are, LOL! :p

12. topbob

topbob New Member

My opinion is neither, Pc's really are the best gaming machine.
    oh and, i own both an xbox and a ps2, and i still say this

13. EcPercy

EcPercy Well-Known Member

Well, for now I will stick with my PS2. There are still only about 2 games that I ever thought about getting on the XBOX. (Ninja Gaiden and Halo) Halo is available on PC as well.. so really one game. :p I own quite a few PS1 and PS2 games and if they ever make their mind up about PS3 being backward compatiable then that will help me decide if I am getting a PS3 as well.

14. doxology83

doxology83 New Member

I origonally said I would never get an xbox and would stick with sony forever, but most games play better on xbox. If you want to play rpg's ps2 is the way to go but if you play mostly games that are multi-console then definately go with and xbox, sorry sony. Plus out of the box you don't have to buy a memory card for xbox, and I actually like the S controller.

15. EcPercy

EcPercy Well-Known Member

Sony is not "just" for RPG games. I am not sure why everyone keeps on saying that. PS1 had a lot of RPG's.. maybe you are referring to that. Take a look at this link. It is for the last 6 months of reviews for the PS2. There are 16 RPG's out of 145 games and 77 reviews were action titles. I am pretty sure that gamespot reviews all new titles so it would be accurate to say that the review list includes all of the US releases on the PS2 in the last 6 months. It looks like PS2 is more action oriented to me.

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews.html?platform=ps2

There is nothing wrong with getting a PS2 this late in the game. The PS2 is not perfect with what people consider dated graphics. There are ton's of fun games to play, but the online play is not as good as xbox live. No biggie there. I have a PC. :D

I am actually looking at getting a Gamecube until the next gen stuff is out. I want to play metriod prime badly and the mario cart racing is good fun for the whole family. You can get a gamecube bundle for like $100.

16. HawgsHead

HawgsHead Rest In Peace

OK.The Gamecube was in the running last week but it kinda droped out.I took notice of the gamecube because of price.You see,this piece of hardware is BAIT.It's to get her hooked on gaming.Thats all I want it for.Something that i/we can play family style games on til I get her hooked on the real thing,which is PC gaming.Understand? I dont wanna start her out on blood and gore.It's kinda like youre friendly neighborhood drug dealer starting you off on the easy stuff,then moving you up to the hard stuff til youre HOOKED and GOTTA HAVE MORE to get that same high....Tricky,aint I?

17. No_Style

No_Style Styleless Wonder

GameCube is a great console to start on. The controller is very easy to use and games are usually designed to use it well. There's a huge green A button! In my opinion, the GC would be your best bet. BTW, just because somebody can learn to play Mario Party doesn't mean that they'll be ripping through the streets of San Andreas anytime in the near future.

My brother and I got my sister to try RTCW, but she didn't like it because it was a little dizzying and well unimaginative. However, she does play Bomberman and PowerStone on the DreamCast (Bless its soul) when we have friends over and such. She also plays GunBound and The Sims 2.

18. Lchevy79

Lchevy79 -=[DHzer0point Team]=-

its all about the box baby

19. ferret2004

ferret2004 Active Member

Just buy them both, enjoy the best of the 2 then;)