Simultaneous kX/Creative drivers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by alsbergt, Apr 15, 2005.

1. alsbergt

alsbergt New Member

Hi...

I have a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 (plain).

I find the kX drivers quite nice. For most things they seem to be very nice - much better than the Creative drivers (which I have had and still have various problems with - although they are generally usable; and support from Creative is in a very low level).

However, I also play games with EAX/A3D/OpenAL, which are lacking in the kX drivers. That is only thing stopping me from switching to them completely.

I realize adding EAX support to the kX drivers would be very difficult, and people won't do it without some serious help with specs, etc. (sorry I cannot help here), and that it is not something I can expect in the coming time.

However, what I'm thinking of - perhaps it can be done - it would be useful to be able to have both the Creative and the kX drivers installed at the same time. Something like that, where I could choose (either have two audio cards known by Windows, or be able to somehow switch) which to use at which time. Then one could use the kX drivers normally, but use the Creative drivers with EAX HD support for gaming.

How can something like this be done? How difficult would it be?

That would be greatly appreciated,
    -- Tom

2. JohnMcClane

JohnMcClane New Member

This topic has already been discussed more than enough. You don't even have to search, there is an ongoing thread only a few topics under yours.

Anyway, you can only use creative and kx if you make to seperate windows installations.

3. BODYPRINT

BODYPRINT New Member

Or if you have 2 Audigy 2 cards like I explained in the thread only a few topics under this one :)