Sniper Elite 5

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Mr Cairo, May 26, 2022.

1. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo DREDD do You require backup .... NO

So picked this up on pre order for the inevitable kill Hitler DLC and fired it up at 7:30 this morning ...and just this second (11:44) got off ....I LOVE IT

GFX are great Sound is superb maps are sooo big its lots of fun, short version if you like the others this is for you.

A nu side game is you are able to drop into other peoples SP games as a German soldiers and hunt them down in their own playthrough

also good to know the bug that seems to be plaguing my version of SE4 is not here in 5 so happy days :)

Dyre Straits and Tipstaff like this.
  2. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

I had to go back and review my last post about SE-4. I do hope the AI in this version is at least a notch or two better than the AI back in 4.

Mr Cairo likes this.
  3. Mr Cairo

Its a little to good TBH I can shoot someone across the map from concealment and if by some chance there is a enemy close by that hears me then they all come not just him and many will be taking long long range potshots directly at me, almost supernatural at times, I had to do way more retreating back and waiting for alarms to die and searches to stop this time around

Dyre Straits likes this.
  4. Dyre Straits

I'm presently downloading via the XBOX app on PC. We'll see how it goes. I quite enjoyed the previous ones.

UPDATE: Well, forget that! The XBOX app fails to properly install the game so that it can run on my PC. When trying to launch the game, it goes to the Windows/system32 directory instead of the location where the game has been installed. AND, when I go to the install location to start it, it says it can't find the files needed...blah...blah...blah.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2022
    Mr Cairo likes this.
  5. Calliers

Calliers Administrator Staff Member

I have Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts, tried it, but I dunno. I'm not really into the whole sniping thing, and I think this might be more of the same, maybe some day I'll feel like playing it.

Mr Cairo likes this.
  6. Dyre Straits

I am trying to get into this game. I've even progressed quite a ways. BUT...BIG BUT...the aiming is the most horrible I have ever encountered in a sniper game. Every attempt to aim where I'm "pointing" involves seeing the ground and having to swing the shot to the target I'm wanting to shoot. It's the worst I've ever had to deal with. I'm on XBOX if that matters.

7. Mr Cairo

Im on the PS5 as I never got around to installing a different PSU. on the PC I dont recall that issue your scope generally zooms in on what your looking at and I know thats the same on the PS5 its the general area toa few feet but I know I am not looking the ground

Same happen with the Binoculars?

8. Dyre Straits

After starting the game again this evening and resetting the controller to Default, things were better. I completed all of the missions of the first assignment and have met with Charlie and her friend am ready to continue to the next round.

Mr Cairo likes this.
  9. Mr Cairo

If your a completest, and you seem to be with the way you played Valhalla, Make sure to find the long shots and Stone Eagles :)

Dyre Straits likes this.
  10. Dyre Straits

I had to research about the Stone Eagles. I usually just jump in on a game like this and go with it. I had finished Mission 1 before knowing about this. I was already in Mission 2 and did all three in that mission.

Decided to do-over Mission 1 this evening and have just about done everything 100%. I lack finding one document.

But, I also got really ticked off when trying to Melee Kill two enemies that were near one another. Once I took care of the first one and had planned to jump at the 2nd one...that did NOT work...because Sniper Guy decided to SEARCH the body of the 1st kill while the 2nd one unloaded lead into him. Mission Failed! I decided I'd better cool off before going back at it. I was hoping to kill both of them because a 3rd dude was walking the trench below.

I'm one to booby trap any of them I can.

11. Mr Cairo

Yeah I have had the same issue Melee and search should really not be the same button.

Oh hell yeah nothing better than being on the other side of the map and getting a trap kill from someone you killed in the first 5 minutes. :)

BTW if you do get satisfaction from this game then Sniper Elite 5 is a genius at hiding the eagles it really took me a while to get them all

Dyre Straits likes this.
  12. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

i got this game free from amd's free games bundle

Mr Cairo likes this.
  13. Calliers

Calliers Administrator Staff Member

I got it for free too, haven't played it yet. Can't remember from where though.

14. Dyre Straits

OK, I'm in Mission 3 now and am getting quite frustrated with some of the mechanics as well as something that is bugging the crap out of me!

I'm finding crates with ammo...but, it's telling me I already have a full load. But, in my inventory I do NOT have any of that ammo showing up. If I'm missing something, please tell. It's quite frustrating running low on ammo, finding a crate and not getting anything from it.

AND, how do you change weapons? It seems I can only have one weapon in a slot. Even though I have multiple weapons over my shoulder.

Mr Cairo likes this.
  15. Mr Cairo

From memory (on Pc) with the change weapons, IIRC you can only carry 1 of each category.

Do you mean you have multiple sniper rifles in the characters avatar?

The ammo thing I have never encountered sorry.

EDIT> Forgot that you can carry alternates for some categories like a shotgun as well as the SMG , IIRC pull up the weapon wheel and you should see the SMG select it and it should pop up a vertical menu with other weapon options that you select

same for the grenades and traps etc

Last edited: Aug 1, 2022