So.... M$ bought Activision Blizzard, happy or not?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Calliers, Jan 19, 2022.

?

Happy that Microsoft bought Activision Blizzard?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Couldn't care less

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

I'm actually pretty excited about this news, they paid a cool 69ish billion. I think it will not only be better for Game Pass, which I have, but that Activision Blizzard games will be on Steam now most likely will be good. As someone who owns both a XSX and a PS5 I don't really have any favourites, and I've always liked both platforms, I always get happy when I hear good news from both sides.

The deal will be finalized in 2023 sometime, and Bobby Kotick will be out thank goodness as soon as everything is settled, on his golden parachute. Like he even needs one. :rolleyes:

2. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

considering the state of blizzard and activision.... i'd say they are better off in microsofts hands at this point

Mr Cairo and Calliers like this.
  3. Calliers

Oh, and let's not forget about the anti-trust dudes, this deal will be looked into thoroughly before it is allowed to go through. But the fact that Tencent and Sony are bigger in terms of gaming, not in terms of M$ as a whole (which is worth like 3 trillion on the whole) I think will mean that the deal will go forward without a hitch.

Should it not go through, M$ will have to pay Activision Blizzard 3 billion just for wasting their time.

Also, in the news, Sony's stock dropped 20 billion when the news broke. And Activision Blizzard's stock jumped from 60 bucks to 80 bucks, although, it is still supposedly undervalued, it should be around 90 bucks. Hey don't take this as investment advice though.

4. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

First of all, I couldn't really care less. I don't buy modern Activision games as they all are basically Call of Duty clones.
    I don't play Blizzard games as they require online connection for their single player games.
    MS acquiring them might change that limitation. Might. Might do so in the other way too...

BUT I voted for no. Because all such moves tend to be bad for gaming. The more power/control one company alone has, the worse it is for the gamers in the long run.

5. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

the silver lining is that quite often recently, a lot of the big names getting bought up under one umbrella has resulted in some of the people that initially started the companies turning indie again, building a new studio from scratch and spitting out good stuff all over again.

Calliers likes this.
  6. Calliers

^This.

Either way you look at it, it's a win win. Whoever leaves will still be in gaming, make a new company or start work on something pretty interesting all over again.