So this had to happen :-(

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Calliers, Dec 23, 2021.

1. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

I'm losing about 70ish trophies from my PSN profile because they were attached to my old EA account to which I forgot the password to, forgot the password to the yahoo email attached to it and on top of that I didn't have the recovery codes for the account, so been using a new EA account and once I get my PS5 and connect it to my new account all the other trophies will disappear. :(

Oh well, I'll build more on it, but it kinda sucks since I had a tonne of gold trophies too. I don't have a Platinum trophy yet so yeah.

Mr Cairo likes this.
  2. arb65912

arb65912 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear, Calliers....

3. Calliers

Thanks man.

It is what it is.

arb65912 likes this.
  4. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

ffs I thought someone died or something.

This is much worse. I am sorry.

One thing I don't understand. If you have won the trophies on your playstation account, why does it matter what your EA account is doing? You have already won them. Right?

Calliers likes this.
  5. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

I feel for ya. Believe me, I do. The reason my PSN account is ffatspit, not Tipstaff, is because Sony won't let me recover my account. My account that is a pre-PSN account

Anyone remember this thing?

[​IMG]

I was part of the beta for this game. Still have the entire kit. This thing came out in 2004, 2 years before PSN when I was with an ISP called Top Cow. It has a special status attached to it. It's a God account. When PSN came along in 2006 the account got merged into PSN. The problem? My ISP got bought out, and I lost the email account attached to my God account. For the life of me I can't remember the password. Sony refuses to recover the account, probably because they're scared I'd have too much power, so they've deemed it necessary to keep me away from it. Who really knows. It's sad though, because I use Tipstaff EVERYWHERE except on PSN.

ffatspit... FAT SPIT.. fug

Calliers and Trusteft like this.
  6. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo DREDD do You require backup .... NO

don't you just back up your trophies on the PS4 and then see them on the PS5 regardless of accounts aret they tied to your PSN account not the EA account ?

Calliers likes this.
  7. Calliers

No, whichever EA games were attached to my older EA account, the moment I link a different EA account, I will lose all trophies I got for example I had almost gotten all the ones in Need for Speed Unleashed. They will disappear.

And thank you @Trusteft for your consolation. Much appreciated.

Btw, I don't own the PS3 and PS4 I got the trophies on anymore, I stupidly sold them, from now on I keep my consoles.

No, unfortunately that is not how it works according to the person helping me, I was very very lucky I could unlink my other EA account anyway since I knew the name and it was like 21 questions then the rep was like okay I can help you with this. I had to get every single question right.

@Tipstaff thanks man, I really appreciate it.

For me trophies and achievements are more for the memories you make playing these games, they help you to remember the fun times you had while playing the game. At least they do me. So this is a blow and a half for me.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2021
    Mr Cairo and Trusteft like this.
  8. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

Just a thought: I have a very, very old Yahoo email account that I quit using many eons ago. In the early days of playing on XBOX, I used that account for my XBOX gaming. I have tried, and tried over and over to change my email to what I'm using now and can't seem to find the secret door.

At any rate, I got a notice from Yahoo just a few days ago telling me that, if I don't log into that account by...[date]...everything will be gone in a while.

So, I went ahead and did the password recover option they offered. Once I got the password taken care of, I logged in without a hitch.

Now to your dilemma: Isn't the issue only that you forgot the password to your Yahoo account, and, if you do a password recovery, so that you CAN get into that account, that should, per my understanding, resolve the issue. EA should NOT have your Yahoo password. Only you. And, as long as you can get back into that account and receive notices from EA there, that should resolve that matter...at least per my understanding.

Mr Cairo and Calliers like this.
  9. Calliers

Next time I have an issue like this I'll post it here before taking any action, unfortunately it is too late, the account has already been unlinked. But you see, in the end I would still have had to link to the newer EA account since most of my EA PC games, and Xbox achievements are there anyway, so my EA trophies I got on the older EA account attached to the older yahoo email were fractured from the rest of my other achievements. Across all of my gaming accounts (Steam, Xbox, etc.). According to the person helping me there is 1) no way to separate the EA trophies earned there and put them on to another EA account as that information is always being updated and 2) once you unlink an EA account from a PSN account, that PSN account can never be linked back to that EA account again.

10. Trusteft

I make fun of drm, ea/ubi and other companies requiring accounts, and some people don't get why.

I feel sorry for your troubles, but at the same time this is both hilarious and upsetting.

Calliers likes this.
  11. Calliers

Yeah I know right? It is laughable that this is how it is actually set up. There are always advantages and disadvantages to various ways of tackling a problem though.

Thank you again for your thoughts.

Trusteft likes this.
  12. Calliers

Man, this day just keeps on getting better and BETTER!

Just found out after linking my EA account that NONE of my trophies will disappear, take that EA rep!

Trusteft, Dyre Straits and arb65912 like this.
  13. arb65912

arb65912 Well-Known Member

Happy to hear that!!! :)

Calliers likes this.
  14. Calliers

Not only that, but got my very first Platinum trophy on the PSN today when I started up Destiny 2 and the trophies just popped... technically I didn't put in any work, but you know what they say, work smart, not hard. :p

arb65912 and Trusteft like this.
  15. Trusteft

Not sure why, but for some reason this comment made me want to give you a huge hug.

Calliers, arb65912 and Mr Cairo like this.
  16. Calliers

Thank you! :)

Trusteft likes this.
  17. Ethan Brown

Ethan Brown New Member

this is sad man, I had similar thing with FIFA, and the worst part it i lost all my players.