Socket 1366 Cooler Roundup - August 2009

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Aug 6, 2009.

1. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Read The Review Here
    Despite the number of reviews we have published on this site in the last few years we occasionally come across a company whose products we have never used or tested. Evercool are one such company and when they offered two of their very reasonably priced air coolers for review we were more than happy to see what this company could offer.

While the majority of users will be interested in the above products there is an every growing selection of liquid coolers on the market that are designed to be easily installed and maintained. Corsair’s latest cooling product fits this description perfectly. Based on an Asetek design the H50 has the $79.99 CoolIT Domino firmly in its sights and aims to become the number one choice in that price range.

Are Evercool worth considering for your next build and have Corsair created a Domino beater? Today we find out.

2. nicnik

nicnik In the Land of Snow

Interesting, I might be tempted by the H50 especially the price. An acoustic bench would have been nice, thanks for the great roundup.

3. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

I'm interested in the H50 myself, never used watercooling but this one sounds pretty easy to install and maintain. I read somewhere else that it was pretty loud, noisier than a True 120 with one fan, that noise level is what's keeping me from making the purchase.

4. Stuart_Davidson

Stuart_Davidson Well-Known Member

I have it running just now about 3 feet away from me in a case and its barely noticable. Cant imagine why anyone thinks its loud. Comparible to a GTX285s noise at idle i would say (at most).

I guess if you were to put the fan onto a controller and run it at 100% it could be more noticable but the same can be said of any cooler... and like any cooler you can change the fan to one of your preference if required.

As for the pump... not noticable in day to day use either.

5. lepel

lepel New Member

Nice set of coolers. I like the red fan evercool included. At least it's something different. And Corsair's cooler seems like a succes.

6. mike2h

mike2h New Member

nice work. thx guys!
    they all look like great products- especially at their respective price points. the only concern i would have with any of them is the h50 blowing the hot air back into the case. & given that it is preassembled cant think of anyway u could use a pass thru & mount it out side the case- assuming the tubes were long enough. i dont see why u couldnt flip it around & blow the air out the back if you have enough air being pushed into the case & specifically into that area. am i missing something?

7. kris23

kris23 Going Insane.....

me thinks i should include an H50 into all higher end spec'd machines in my list but i dunno... excellent performance backed by a reliable company

8. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy New Member

Great review and a nice introduction for Evercool :)

9. A Desire to Game

A Desire to Game HardwareHeaven Hoosier

H50 is a sure winner. I don't understand either why you must blow air onto that side of the radiator. If anything I would just mount the rad on the outside of the case, mod my case so that the fan still blows on that side but the tubes pull a U and go back into the PCI slot or something. I love Corsair...but why blow HOT rad air into the case???

10. mike2h

mike2h New Member

as i said above(&pls correct me if im wrong someone) that kit is prebuilt s otubes are already attached wich means u cant run them thru a pass thru like u normally would. i do believe tho that u could probaly turn the thing arouns & blow it out the back if u have good air flow- unless the way it mounts prohibits this?

11. A Desire to Game

A Desire to Game HardwareHeaven Hoosier

I wonder how rigid those tubes are? Apparently that was a problem with the Domino and causing leakage.