some prototype testing

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Benching & Modding' started by HardwareHeaven, Feb 18, 2005.

1. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

apparently you care. I was only stating what i already knew, you were giving an example not clearly stated. I understand that a GPU has importance in the 3Dmark01se benchmark, but the CPU is of more importance in that benchmark.

I bet anything, if you get that FX-55 you mentioned and put it in a system w/your radeon DDR 64, it would be able to break 7k ;).

BTW....here's the thread where people w/9800pros, and at least one 9700pro has broken the 20k mark in 3Dmark01se

http://www.driverheaven.net/showthread.php?t=59954&page=1&pp=15 (pg. 1)
    http://www.driverheaven.net/showthread.php?t=59954&page=3 (pg. 3)

Again, it's not all just GPU, 3Dmakr01se is more system dependent (CPU/RAM)than GPU dependent.

2. itchy5

itchy5 New Member

TXGF tomarrow :p lol i get to see the "secret card" for my self and i know what your all thinking...yes im bringing a cam :taste: pics are good ;)

3. Steelski

Steelski New Member

Great. but my point stands. the large difference between Nvidia Cards and Ati cards in this benchmark.
    As for my DDR 64. I would like to break 7k. but am happy with my 9800pro at the moment.

4. mikkel

mikkel New Member

This is what I'm thinking, too. It may very well be the dual core Smithfield processor he has in that rig.

5. itchy5

itchy5 New Member

yep thats the same one that i got to test out (fast as !@#$) at TXGF :rofl: lots of fun up there ;) we wernt aloud to cascade it though :bleh:

6. Athlon64user

Athlon64user New Member

The card he has that broke 40k with a 4.3ee is most likley an r520(aka x950xt) anyway......Ok guys, this could be good, I was reading other forums and came across this. He says he used to work for ati till to 4-5 months ago so his info is about that old. The pipe thing sounds reasonable, I remember there were rumors of 12 pipes of r420 which few believed, not only did it come with 12, but there was an xt verson with 16. I think history will repeat itself. As for core clocks, I am hearing 700-750 now but ati can change those up till the time they begin speed binning depending on yields. I remember they were aiming for 500MHz on x700xt but changed their minds and went with 475 due to bad yields then decided to cancel x700xt in favor of x800 and the few x700xt they made got remarked as pros. No use arguing over r520 core, even if its "only" 650MHz its still beyond fast. The ram sounds quite insane but truth is itll probably be NEEDED in order to feed a hungry fast core with 24,32 pipes. Less bandwith would be a dire bottleneck. Some people are saying r520 will be nothing more than dual or amr x850s but thats wrong cause x850s dont have ps3, why would ati go with this? Their goal is to finally have ps3 and I pretty much doubt they will change the x850xt core just to add ps3 and its still on 130nm too. I give that guy confirming the specs alot of credit. This is also in line from the guy who hit 40k on a 4.3ee p4 and a *stock* r520. on an x850xt the score would be around 33k. Yes this tells me the nature would just be insane and gives me a good idea of the r520s power in everything. Lastly, 512mb ram is a reality, even the x850xt is comming in 512mb flavors. There might be 256mb flavors of r520, even if its only on the non PE verson.

Well those who know me know I used to work for ATi up until last October. Now I'm not going to tell you what's true and what's not true seeing as even us employee's are pretty much kept in the dark but I do know this.. I'll leave you with what's true.. and remove what's false.

24 "Pipelines" (24x1 not 24x1.5 but supports up to 32x1)
    96 Arithmetic Logic Units (ALU)
    192 Shader Operations per Cycle (UNKNOWN)
    700MHz Core(actually last we heard it was in the high 600's)
    256-bit 512MB 1.8GHz GDDR3 Memory (yes that's the memory)
    57.6 GB/sec Bandwidth (at 1.8GHz)
    300-350 Million Transistors
    90nm Manufacturing
    Shader Model 3.0
    ATI HyperMemory (the core will support Hypermemory which probably will only be used in the lower end versions of the core).
    ATI Multi Rendering Technology (AMR)
    Launch: Q2 2005 (closer to June)
    FP32 blending, texturing
    Programmable Primitive Processor/Tesselator (not entirely true but will support Truform in hardware).

It's basically an R420 derivative (R3xx) with addons. It was brought back to the drawing board.

7. Athlon64user

Athlon64user New Member

any other comments? This thread used to be so popular now its been forsaken :(

8. griswoold

griswoold mr. vögi

There's nothing to comment about never was actually. Still wondering what the purpose of this thread was in the first place. It's just another let's guess the next gen. specs. even though we have no real info thread

9. Athlon64user

Athlon64user New Member

This thread used to get 10-20 responses a day, im sure one of you has more speculation ;)

10. Vapor

Vapor New Member

How's this for speculation? It's not coming till May so let's let the thread die until we get more info from somewhere reputable...

11. G@MeBoY

G@MeBoY makes your mouse tremmble!

I have been reading this for more than 30mins now to finaly realise that I wasted my time, or to put it in another way: My time was wasted...

12. Athlon64user

Athlon64user New Member

sorry to beat a dead horse or thread, but I have one more thing to ask, is it true ati will release r520 in march 10 at cebit? I am hearing this would be a good time and place to unveal the r520 or at the very least make it known with some prelimiary specs

Last edited: Mar 4, 2005
  13. Vapor

Vapor New Member

Isn't CeBIT in March??

14. The Janitor

The Janitor New Member

15. Steelski

Steelski New Member

It is an ASUS board as i have stated before because of the little "A" that is clearly visible, but here is somethin g very interesting that i would like to point to,

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=21781 Yes, its an inquirer topic, but check it out,................
    If I have not coppied the topic right, here is what it says
    "Asus jumps the gun with ATI Multi VPU

CeBIT 2005 Board at public demo

By Fuad Abazovic in Hannover: Saturday 12 March 2005, 19:30

EVEN THOUGH ATI still wants to keep its Multi VPU, or multi rendering marchitecture quiet, Asus has publicly displayed the technology.

The board is called 5PRD2-MVP Deluxe and we believe that MVP might end up to be the brand created as a Multiple VPU abbreviation.

The chipset supporting two PCIe graphic ports is named the RD400 and it's paired with ULI M1573. The RD400 is a Pentium 4 chipset supporting socket 775 CPUs. The board and chipset supports FSB1066 and DDR 667 while you will find things like Gbit LAN, Firewire, eight channel audio and six S-ATA and RAID on board.

We know that ATI is showing a similar motherboard at its NDA double guarded fortress and that it's pretty much a finished product. It just won't introduce it until it presents R520 cards in Q2. At least that is the current state of affairs, but launch dates are manufacturers' flexible friends.

So I guess it's safe to say that Asus will be among the first with a design and we know that MSI and Gigabyte will be there for ATI like they always have been. µ"

Could I be right????????? could it be the new multi vpu motherboard chipset from ATI, I was previously put off the idea that it was a mjulti vpu motherboard because it was clearly an ASUS product and thought there would certainly be a referance board before third parties come and join in. boy was i wrong. I think i should start a new thread for this board. Or someone should anyway!

16. The Janitor

The Janitor New Member

I had already checked the possibility of it being either of Asus's two ATI MB's but it didn't match up, while the visible components matched perfectly with the intel board