Some Random Photos

Discussion in 'Heavenly Visions & Echoes' started by IvanV, Dec 13, 2019.

1. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

For a while I thought I'd like to go through my photo collection and sort out the nice photos from the crappy or redundant ones, but I'm to lazy (also, it's 15 year worth of photos). Well, I kind of started doing that (if looking at around 150 pics can be called that) and I thought I'd share some of them and I'll probably add some more when (if) I get round to looking at some more. :)

These were from a trip to Rhodes a few years ago (the trip was actually a gift from my company for 5 years of "service" and the first one that I and a certain someone made together :) ).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one is unrelated, the Swedish kanelbullar made to the best of our abilities:

[​IMG]

Trusteft, Calliers and MIG-31 like this.
  2. Calliers

Calliers Administrator/Editor Staff Member

Some nice photos there. :)

3. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I've only been few miles outside of Rhodes (aboard a frigate) and that at night so I didn't exactly see much. I hope one day to visit it.
    The pastry looks delicious.

IvanV likes this.
  4. IvanV

It's a lovely island, although I have to say that it's the only place in Greece that I've been to. The namesake city has a wonderful fortress with mixed Byzantine/Greek, Venetian, Ottoman and Jewish heritage (including the palace of the Grand Master of the Knights Hospitaller) and around it are various bits from ancient Greece (the photos 2 through 5 from the original post are from the city's acropolis). We also visited Lindos, which has a nice "white village" at the bottom, topped by a hill with remains of a medieval fortress and surrounded by absolutely stunning bays and beaches (the Saint Paul's bay seems to be a very popular place for the British to get married), as well as a few very nice beaches along the Rhodes-Lindos route and visited the water park (it's a good one!).

In the spirit of randomness, I went for a walk the other day and snapped a few photos. First we bumped into these guys:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And on the other side, a piece of brutalist architecture:

[​IMG]

And the old power plant. Built before WW II, it has been defunct for around 50 years. Recently a designated monument, it's in a pretty sorry state:

[​IMG]

Here's what it looked like when it was new:

SiS.JPG

Its crane in its present state gives me a distinct Half Life 2 vibe:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
    Dyre Straits, Trusteft and Calliers like this.
  5. Calliers

Yeah, that crane gives me a S.T.A.L.K.E.R vibe.

Speaking of going places I will be visiting my parents in Botswana next year (around the middle of the year). I will be staying with them for two months so it'll be nice to see my two little sisters again, one of whom just got married, and my friends who still live in the country. :)

Dyre Straits, Trusteft and IvanV like this.
  6. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

That "brutalist architecture" building reminds me a bit of a building in Wales.
    I like the style.

IvanV and Calliers like this.
  7. Calliers

There's a church here in Saskatoon that looks kinda like that building.

Trusteft likes this.
  8. IvanV

Oh yeah, the style certainly has its own aesthetics and character! This particular building belongs to a sports and recreation center (I believe that it was the administrative building), although the space inside it is currently leased to some private companies.

Trusteft likes this.
  9. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

Due to the angle, that "brutalist architecture" building looks like it's not all that level. ;)

10. IvanV

I have to brag a little! I had a great vacation for the past two weeks. :) The two of us went to Egypt, to a really nice hotel south of Hurgada. We really enjoyed the beach, the weather (+40°C is fine when the humidity is low and all you have to do is lay in the shade or swim and you have a good, factor 50 sun cream), the fishes and corals, I got to bang my head on the ceiling of the main tunnel of the Great Pyramid... :D

The amount of pictures and videos we brought back is completely crazy, but I'll try to post a few pics that I like from time to time. :) For start, it's just a few pics from the hotel / resort: the view from our room, the water feature on the way to the beach (the building on the right is the hotel's Greek restaurant) and the quiet zone of the hotel beach:

0120210904_152157s.jpg

02IMG_20210906_093446s.jpg

03IMG_20210905_155332s.jpg

Calliers likes this.
  11. Calliers

That there resort looks beautiful. You must have had fun! @IvanV