Sony Nintendo forbid AO-rated Manhunt 2

Discussion in 'Gaming News Discussion' started by Da_Jewish_Fonzy, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Da_Jewish_Fonzy

Da_Jewish_Fonzy Me>You

Source: Gamespot
    _________
    When Take-Two Interactive yesterday confirmed that the Entertainment Software Rating Board handed down a rating of AO for adults only for Rockstars game Munhunt 2 on the PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, and Nintendo Wii, the publisher said it was exploring its options.

GameSpot has confirmed with Nintendo and Sony that one of those options--accept the ESRB's judgment and release the game with the AO rating--isn't an option at all. Both companies forbid licensed third-party publishers from releasing games rated AO for Adults Only on their various hardware platforms. Though Manhunt 2 isn't slated for any of Microsoft's systems, that company has also confirmed that it does not allow AO-rated titles on the Xbox or Xbox 360.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2007
  2. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

lol... what a stick in the pot to stir with.

3. Da_Jewish_Fonzy

Da_Jewish_Fonzy Me>You

I'm in Canada and I'm just hoping its released here, I'll buy several copies and be rich :p

Or hopefully we will at least get a PC version. I may be in the minority but Manhunt was a guitly pleasure for me, I thoroughly enjoyed it and was looking forward to this sequel.

4. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I will buy the game just because they are forbidding it. I just hope it is released somewhere.

5. Da_Jewish_Fonzy

Da_Jewish_Fonzy Me>You

If it gets released in Canada I'm going to buy a few copies and ebay them to help my fellow gamers worldwide. And by help I mean gouge.

6. Vikingod

Vikingod Int'l Fish Liaison

Man, what a debockle. Not that I feel bad for anyone, but that is a huge of money, potentially for nothing. I;m surprised how 'hands off' the producers and the console manufactures are when it come to these games. I'd at least check the game out in development to make damn sure nothign like this would happen. Alot is at stake here, money, reputation, time, reputation, talent... Man, someone is going to hang at rockstar (or Take-two, whatever).

7. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

Rockstar will censor the game to meet the rating they need but hey buy 50 copies and sell them on Ebay that worked out well for the PS3 gougers :D

8. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Couldn't Take Two just sell it as an unlicensed product? If so they could easily sell it online through their Take Two Store.

9. Mazuko

Mazuko Well-Known Member

The thing is they can't even sell it for those systems with that rating or their developers license for those systems can be pulled as non-AO title releases are part of the contractual understandings with said companies.

However there is one route they could take that would surprise the world. A PC ONLY EXCLUSIVE!!! ROFL

10. calidan

calidan Frozen in Carbonite

They could do a AO version for the PC and then have a M version for the consoles. One thing is for sure. You won't see an AO version on the consoles in any country. It's Sony and Nintendo that are restricting this rating not the US.