Sony: PS3 is "stepping over current next-gen"

Discussion in 'Gaming News Discussion' started by Vikingod, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Vikingod

Vikingod Int'l Fish Liaison

Source: GamesIndustry

For Maguire, the PlayStation 3 isn't joining the party late, but leaving behind the Wii and Xbox 360 as it bounds into the true hi-definition entertainment world.

"Many people are saying we're now joining the next-generation console era, but I believe we've stepped over the current next-gen to create the real next-generation," said Maguire, in an exclusive interview published today.

2. Arklon

Arklon Active Member

3. Sandok

Sandok New Member

My thoughts exactly...

4. Da_Jewish_Fonzy

Da_Jewish_Fonzy Me>You

Wootsauce!!! Go Playstation!

5. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

I wish their PR would just shut up. the console is good. their pr sucks. end of story.

6. GutterPunk

GutterPunk I = Greatest Dood

Umm PS3 is a PS3 but a computer today will never be the same computer tomorrow if you know what I mean. Sorry, computing is the only generation of gaming as you can grow with the games.

7. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

"Next Gen" is being said too often at the minute. I even heard someone talking about a next gen mouse the other day. I mean wtf.

And this sentence from Maguire ""Many people are saying we're now joining the next-generation console era, but I believe we've stepped over the current next-gen to create the real next-generation."

Its like Scary Movie, the tech version. Spinal Tap anyone?

8. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I want what they had earlier.

9. Lelisevis

Lelisevis Howlin at the moon

Hold on.....now that all 3 are launched along with PC technology doesnt that make 'the next gen' the current gen? Surely the next gen is now the PS4, nintendo poo and the xbox pi.

10. kris23

kris23 Going Insane.....

thats why i just about left console gaming man...... a console comes and goes but a PC is a PC until the day they go extinct which probably wont be ever..... ill probably still get stuff like the wii but the PS3 is just like trying to fill its price tag but cant, and nearly everything for 360 is goin to PC thanks to that cross-platform idea thats coming later for vista

11. kris23

kris23 Going Insane.....

and Zardon...... your pic scares the shit out of me and that ain't an easy task

12. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

Uber-Gen

13. Necrosis

Necrosis Well-Known Member

Crap like this is why I can't support Blu-Ray.

14. Da_Jewish_Fonzy

Da_Jewish_Fonzy Me>You

Sony delivers. I mean why argue? They offer the best gaming platforms outside of pc, I only play FPS(save for company of heroes) on my pc primarily, and mostly actually about 90% of my pc gaming is online. So that brings me to consoles, for the best expirience I can have. Last gen I had Xbox, PS2, and GC, I can honestly say that Sony blew their competitors out of the water when it came to software.

I'm sorrry but I think gaming has become diluted and exploited like film has and no I don't wan't EA, Ubisoft and Micro$haft dictating what I can do or play, cause then our last bastion, the gaming realm, the last place guys that was still considered cool...will be gone forever. This is my rant and why do we hate windows? because microsoft sucks, thats why

15. Necrosis

Necrosis Well-Known Member

I don't want Sony dictating to me the same things never mind I HATE Sony with a passion. It's an audiophile thing plus as a consumer I don't need to buy every format they spew out every so often.

16. Trusteft

If SONY had spent as much money on the actual console instead of their PR/marketing/propaganda ministry/department then perhaps I would be eager to buy a PS3, even at this stupid price.
    They seriously need to shut up and deliver. To borrow a gaming term, they are acting like jackasses, I mean noobs.

17. Lelisevis

Lelisevis Howlin at the moon

Kind of see your reasoning but I can guarantee in 2 years time if I go buy an xbox360 game I know i'll be able to take it home and play it. Think i'll be able to say the same for my pc? Nope not a cat in hells chance. I certainly couldn't play half the games I play now on my 2 year old system, or at least not with eveything turned down so low that each pixel resembles a lego brick.

18. Trusteft

That's not the PC's problem, but the software's. If the programmers can't be arsed (or just lack the skills) to produce a good game that runs in a 2years old PC, then what can you do?
    Look at games like Half Life 2 and Infernal, both great looking games that work fine on older hardware. Or Flatout, for a racing game. It feels like the vast majority of the developers don't care. Not a hardware problem.

19. Vikingod

Vikingod Int'l Fish Liaison

LOL, that was funny.