sooo sick of the iphone

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by Geminiwave, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Geminiwave

Geminiwave I Have lovely Breasts

iphone this, iphone that.

we have almost our entire news feed on the front page dedicated to iphone!

sheesh. its basically bringing in functionality that asian countries ALREADY HAD and have had for awhile. why is it such a huge deal?

I mean they're kinda cool. everything apple makes is kinda cool. but why is it so hyped? Apple didnt even spend that much for marketing. all they said was they were making a phone and people went NUTS.

I remember before the niche market of people that went insane over the first imac. and their market share grew a lot because of that fruit-shaped computer. but it was still niche. and those people were considered weird most of the time.

now its super trendy.

2. MiDri

MiDri New Member

Not sure, why I like it so much -- guess it is because they took a lot of features and put it an easy to use system. Things just "work" -- it is hard to explain... have you touched one? Simple things like reading an email and being able to click on a phone# in the email or click on an address on the web and having google maps look it up for you...

3. Lowfat

Lowfat Xtreme

I like the iphones, but also don't understand why they are so hyped. I can't remember ever where any electronics was hyped so much except for the 360 and ps3 on release day.

4. LHC

LHC Stingy and Stubborn

I guess people have nothing better to do, so they cling to whatever is "new and cool" :confused: Or it could just be the curiousity of some people, since Apple hardly released ANY information about it

Same position, can't stand the hype/articles about the iPhone, nor do I understand..

I hope the iPhone will have the same amount of market share as Apple's macs do :rolleyes: I don't think it will get much of a market share because many articles that I've read stated that there were still iPhones in stock at the end of the day with no wait for them

5. Lowfat

Lowfat Xtreme

525K phones in 3 days, seems like quite the release if you ask me.

And for a company who has their complete own OS, a 5+% market share is pretty decent if you ask me. $127/share on the NYSE is pretty damned sick too.

Wow i sound like a fanboi :)

6. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

w00t~! another iPhone thread :lol:

7. Geminiwave

hahah yes yes you made your point CDs. I am part of the hype machine even with whining.

its not that i hate the iphone itself. its just what it represents. its a decent piece of hardware...its just sooo much hype! I'm sick of HEARING about it constantly. If there were news stories here and there? SURE! But its more annoying than Paris Hilton.

8. Necrosis

Necrosis Well-Known Member

Isn't it a requirement to have one of the phones where you live Gemini?

9. zaim

zaim Well-Known Member

technology is becoming the fastest growing addiction, ever.

that, and crack.

10. Geminiwave

I'm not sure what you mean...

here in seattle we're in microsoft and nintendo land. Also Starbucks land. We're not really in apple land here. theres only like 3 apple stores in the whole state as far as I can tell...

11. Necrosis

Sorry man it's the Starbucks connection. To get coffee now you have to show them your iPhone, it's the same when you watch any Disney movie too. Besides it's called being sarcastic.

12. Geminiwave

ahhh okay i see now.

no i was confused cause I didn't know seattle was branded as apple freaks :) hahah

coffee freaks though? oh for sure.

13. Necrosis

Speaking of your state check out this article:

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/ripoff/b...ers-to-buy-accessories-with-iphone-273992.php

14. Geminiwave

yeahhhh thats for a diff thread but I will say that I've had friends that worked for ATT and Verizon and there is a reason that you hear stories about features being added to bills without consent (I sure had that happen multiple times) and accessories being pushed ferociously.

Honestly the companies put a lot of pressure on the salespeople and threaten them often. Some are just amoral jerks, but many are average joes with bosses that threaten them.