Sound Blaster ZxR - Distorted sound after working normal

Discussion in 'PAX Download - Z/ZX/ZXR' started by jprkgc, Aug 22, 2015.

1. jprkgc

jprkgc New Member

Hi.

i have this problem with my ZxR i recently bought:
    Whenever i play games (any game) or listen to music, after some time of normal playback sound get really weird,
    like distorted, crackly but actual sounds are somewhere back there. When i stop the game or the music, sound is then, totally gone and in order to correct this issue i need to reboot and then back to normal.

This is not a regular thing, it's not always happening. Today happened 4 times in 4 hours (annoying) but i also might spend days or weeks and everything's normal.

Any idea what's causing this?

I have a Asrock Z97 extreme 4, i7 4790k, 16gb ram 1600, SSD (OS naturally) and two hdd, GTX 970 and a 550w Antec Power Supply. 5.1 Logitech speakers and HD598 headphones
    (im using the knob/mic hardware for headphones: everyone says it degrades sound, i've tested a lot and with a little EQ tweak, it sounds just as great as directly from the sound card... maybe the headphones responds great).

I've changed settings inside the sound card such as 44.1@16bits / 96@24bits and the same issue...
    checked everything inside pc and everything it's ok.
    i started to believe it might be power supply issues? is it possible? i have a battery UPS on my pc and on full stress it works great.

WEIRD thing is: before this sound card, i had a X-FI pro xtremegamer series
    and had a similar issue: high static sound for less than a sec and no sound, reboot and back to normal.
    and the same behavior than ZxR... might work great for long periods of time, might screw my patience out the same day.

i don't seem to find a similar issue on the internet because ppl say they resolve this issue uninstalling onboard audio from win and Bios...
    before installing my SoundBlaster cards, i uninstall everything, drivers completly from win and Bios deactivated onboard audio, my channels do not swap.

BTW, i'm using latest drivers on Creative web page for Win7 64 bits.

Sorry for long post, but felt like i needed full background to have context of my issue.

THANKS really!.

jprkgc.

2. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

You try v1.05 it's most stable set

3. jprkgc

jprkgc New Member

Ok, let me see if i understand....

Right now, i'm using:

SBZxR_CD_L13_1_00_28.exe

found in the creative drivers web page and you say i should try this one:

PAX_SBZxR_CD_LD_1_00_24_2015V1.05

because it's more stable right?

what worries me it the "1_00_24" on PAX drivers and the "1_00_28" the one i have installed.

should i go through "have disk" with PAX 1_00_24 with the 1_00_28 already installed on my pc?
    or should i have installed first the 1_00_24 and then use PAX 1_00_24?

if i should have the 1_00_24 installed before using PAX 1_00_24, where can i find that driver? because on Creative webpage it's only the "SBZxR_CD_L13_1_00_28.exe" and nothing else.

thanks! and sorry if i'm slow trying to understand how all this works hehe.

4. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

I be working on new set in Monday for you.