Sound goes to right rear although it shouldn't

Discussion in '3-D Audio' started by pragmatick, Jul 20, 2006.

1. pragmatick

pragmatick New Member

[Update below]

Hello,

I have a 4.0-system which I built myself, connected to an A/V-Receiver. I want to use the DSP to cut off all rear-frequencies below 100hz and route them to my fronts, as they have much more bass than my small rears. All in all that works.
    My problem is that my right rear gets signals although the sound comes from the center. For example, I test with RightMark 3DSound as it allows to easily position the sound somewhere in the room. When I position the loop in a way that it should only be played by my fronts, my surrounder also puts signals to my right rear. I connected a peak directly to the output of the surrounder to check that, so it should not be a problem caused by wrong connections. So, instead of coming only from my fronts, it comes from my fronts and my right rear and only that.

I made a screenshot. You can see my DSP, the 3DMark program and the peak which is connected to sR and sL (called AC3PeakRear): Look here

I hope you can help. Thanks a lot in advance.

Simon

[Update]
    Well, I solved it by setting VRearA to 0. I don't understand it. But at least it works now :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jul 20, 2006
  2. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

I think you will have better results leaving VRearA at 1.00 and setting VRearW to 0.00 (I think that is where the bug is), with VRearA set to 0, you are basically killing any upmixing of stereo signals (so you will have no sound in the rear channles at all for regular stereo audio (mp3's, etc).

3. pragmatick

pragmatick New Member

I have a pretty good a/v-receiver who can do all sorts of upmixing if I wish so, but for music I prefer plain stereo. But I will try do experiment, thanks.