soundtrack

Discussion in 'Powered by kX' started by stamvas, Jun 15, 2006.

1. stamvas

stamvas me-myself & I

Here is a couple of tracks I wrote in purpose to be used in a short film soundtrack.
    go to this website
    and listen to the one named "Like Anne in the dark - Rushing down the stairs"
    Actually they are 2 but the second one is in two different mixes.

comments are welcome.

EDIT or better yet, watch the full short films.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  2. Toadly_Ossum

Toadly_Ossum New Member

Great track. I like the way its starts with according sounding "old and french" to me for some reason, but the breaks into the techno sounding drum. I love the way the acoustic guitar comes in.

btw is that a real accordion track?

Toad

3. stamvas

stamvas me-myself & I

I'm glad you like them. The accordion is not real but played on Reason's NNXT sampler (I love reason's soundbanks they're just so real).

Thanks Toad.

4. trevbushell

trevbushell New Member

hi stamvas,

nice tune, good choice of sounds and very likable melody. yes i can se it as a soundtrack but also as a song in its own right. like it alot i will be listening to this for a bit as it makes me feel good. your best one yet i think!

are there two songs within this track? *edit- ah, i see you have said already there are

i think the pad at the beginning neds to be more 'spaced out'. maybe add some more reverb or stereo , layer it out and take it in the background a bit more? just a thought?
    trev

5. stamvas

stamvas me-myself & I

thanx for the advice Trev, the fact is that I had very little time to work for the tracks because the film had to be subscribed for a film festival, but anyway because the level of the music inside the video edit is quite low, the pad you mentioned above(and you are right) is not noticeable. I wish I had the time to work on it more as an individual track but in a few days I'm leaving away for about six months (job reasons).
    I'll be in touch whenever possible.

greetings
    stamvas

6. TravelRec.

TravelRec. Alternative Audioproductions

I like the stuff too - very diversified sequences with a rich spectrum of sounds. Time to chill out ;)