Spacebar

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by Trusteft, Feb 20, 2020.

1. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

Hmm, I wonder if it might have anything with Accessibility Options, although it seems awfully specific for that. And the Keyboard layout is US? I'm grasping at straws, but I know some keys behave exactly like your space bar in certain keyboard layouts (although it's usually with characters like ' " ^ etc, not space).

I did find some WordPress related posts with similar issues (link), but nothing particularly promising in them. For some people the behaviour manifested itself after a certain (invisible) tag, for example after pasting (formatted) text and the like, but if it's like that whenever you start typing a reply, then it's not that. Did you change something in your sig and could it technically be related at all?!?!?!

Is it in both editors (quick reply and the advanced/more options one)?

2. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I didn't change anything.
    Two things that I remember.
    One, it was after a problematic connection to the forum.
    Two, the last time I remember not having the issue was before I was typing something and mistyped and had suddenly every text selected (whole page, not just the input box), I then clicked around to deselect it and nothing changed for some reason and perhaps I closed the tab or reloaded the page.

3. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

Have you tried removing the keyboard via Device Manager and then re-connecting? Or, even physically disconnecting, reconnecting?

4. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

No. ok I will try it later.