spacecraft that can be used for microgravity missions and experiments

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by bearnard bale, Feb 9, 2021.

1. bearnard bale

bearnard bale Member

Do you know any of spacecraft that can be used for microgravity missions and experiments? Nowadays it`s rather popular and useful to use uncrewed guided space vehicles for particular microgravity missions. I found some of them that can even used in universities to collect data on the ambient conditions. If you can make an example one of them or maybe more, please share

SpaceJac111 likes this.
  2. SpaceJac111

SpaceJac111 New Member

Most of the microgravity experiments are conducted on ISS that has the necessary equipment for it. Moreover, I know that space agencies use uncrewed missions and satellites for this purpose, for example, The Shijian-10, a Chinese satellite. But even not so very well known space agencies work on this type of spacecraft. Recently I read the interview Volodymyr Levykin Skyrora CEO, gave to a space news website; I don't remember which exactly. I keep an eye on developing space agencies, but Skyrora was new to me. I found out about Skyrora Skylark L, a vehicle that can be used for microgravity experiments. Skylark L is already built, and now it's waiting for its first test launch.

bearnard bale likes this.
  3. bearnard bale

bearnard bale Member

Yeah, I`ve read about this company and about this spacecraft Skylark L. This spacecraft can be used for different types of missions like the carrier for microsatellites to send them on orbit or for different microgravity missions and experiments. I also found different projects by this space company that impressed me like SkyHy rocket that has the term hybrid rocket.

Last edited: May 31, 2021