Specific Audio Player

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by Smooth Immigrant, Jun 11, 2002.

1. Smooth Immigrant

Smooth Immigrant New Member

ok everyone, I need some help with choosing an audio player. I have a few requirements though:
    1. No Winamp (this is my last choice if I can't find anything better)
    2. Has lots of keyboard shortcuts for the functions of the player or has remote control support (play, stop, fast forward, rewind,skip, random, repeat)
    3. Fast loading and not a resource hog like WMP
    4. Free or shareware that is not totally disabled when the trial runs out, although if I like it enough, I will buy it
    5. I only want a PLAYER, not burning and all the other features (which means no media jukebox)
    6. DSP is not important as good speakers (Klipsch Promedia 4.1) don't require one
    7. Visualization Plugins aren't important although I would like a player with them.
    8. I would like a player that doesn't update too often, and preferablly plays videos and music ( doesn't have to)

It may seem like these requirements are going towards winamp, but for some reason I don't like winamp. There must be another player that has these features. (Looking at zoom player, but feel free to mention anymore)
    Thanks

2. DallasStar

DallasStar Junior

http://www.sonique.com

Its an alternative to Winamp. I like winamp and sonique both. I used to use Winamp as my primary player, but just got tired of it. I now use Sonique. The thing I like about sonique that is better than winamp is that the developers are constantly improving the mp3 decoder, unlike winamp that just uses a fraunhoffer decoder (no offense to winamp developers... they have made a great player and done hard work). With my headphones, sonique sounds better. I'm sure with someone else's speakers, winamp would sound better. Its all a matter of opinion and means of listening. Anyway, enough of my rambling. Just go to the site and try the player if you really want to.

3. Smooth Immigrant

Thanks dallas for your suggestion, but I have chosen cool player for my needs. All though it has no visualizations and only plays music, it's perfect for the music portion of my media system. The video (dvd, mpg, avi) will be covered by zoom player.

4. DallasStar

DallasStar Junior

Well, for the benefit of us all, could you please say which player it is?

5. Smooth Immigrant

Dallas, the player is called cool player .

Cool Player

It's very simple but it should do for now. I'm also thinking of freeamp,(freeamp.org), but the poor help doesn't describe the keyboard shortcuts...

6. MiguelSantana

MiguelSantana New Member

7. Alan Allen

Alan Allen The "Eye"

I find Music Match Jukebox to be OK and It can also rip Music CD's.