SPOILERS THREAD: Episode III

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by YAYitsAndrew, May 19, 2005.

1. YAYitsAndrew

YAYitsAndrew Anti-Piracy Poster Boy

This is the spoilers thread for star wars: episode III.

Spoilers.

SPOILERS.

2. YAYitsAndrew

Ok, with all the spoilers bookkeeping taken care of, what did you think?

I feel sorry for darth vader now. Anakin joins the dark side to save padme, but joining the dark side is what killed her. And to top it off, the emperor tells vader that HE killed padme. It makes the final scene in episode VI so much different. Vader grows tired of the emperor's lies and puppetry and kills him. Nothing makes that more apparent than learning that his children actually WERE born and he didn't kill padme after all. But can you imagine realizing that all the evil you've done over your entire lifetime was just you being manipulated? All the cold and anguish you had internally was unjustified? I'd flip out and throw people into a reactor core, too.

It's also kind of cool how anakin eventually DOES bring balance to the force by eliminating all the dark jedi, but it takes a lot longer than everyone expects (i.e. three movies longer). There's some foreshadowing to this right before padme dies. She says something to the tune of "I know there's still good in him", which was Luke's plea in episode VI.

Can star wars be classified as a tragedy?

3. LuCifer

LuCifer DH sig maker!

I don't Know.:rolleyes:
    All I know is that The DarkSide Rules!:evil:

4. Zeepra

Zeepra New Member

Any other keen SW lovers that saw the Millenium Falcon? :D.....Right at the beginning, Obi-Wan and Anakin are argueing about who's turn it is to smooth-talk the politicians. Just before that scene, you can see the Falcon landing on a platform :D!

5. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

I did see the Y-103 or whatever it is landing, Anakin burning was pretty wrong,as was killing the younglings.... ewww....

6. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

yea...all the manipulation...plus leaving him to cook...makes the latter episodes so much more understandable

7. wiskerbizkit

wiskerbizkit DH ***** hobo

You can't really blame the guy, got shit on his whole life. started as a slave, then the counsil said he couldn't be trained, wouldn't let him on the counsil as a master so he was pretty much being used by the jedi counsil. He knows his womans gonna die then she shows up with his best friend. I mean look at it from his perspective.

Now him killing the children wasn't right. Also whats this Qui gon thing about? someone needs to explain that to me.

For the sake of Padme and the dark side..... Is Anakin Skywalker gonna have to choke a bitch?

8. YAYitsAndrew

I'm pretty sure the millenium falcon isn't the only kind of that ship that exists, so I'm not sure if the one in the movie was meant to be the millenium falcon. It's entirely possible that it was there for an easter egg though.

As for the qui-gon thing, I haven't really figured it out either. I think they are referring to the "blue ghosty" thing that jedi can do. You'll see it at the end of episode VI where yoda, obi wan, and anakin all appear and wave to luke as blue ghost forms. It makes sense though, yoda says he will teach obi wan how to "see qui-gon" who in turn passes it to luke. It may however just be referencing the technique obi wan uses right before vader strikes him in episode IV; have to watch the movies again to see.

9. fire1811

fire1811 New Member

the star wars geeks told me that a part cut from episode 3 is when qui-gon(dead) is talking to yoda. He teaches him how he did it and in turn yoda is going to teach OB1.
    They know that they cannot defeat vader and cannot help luke while he(ob1) is alive. So OB1 takes one for the team and uses the "trick" qui-gon figured out and let vader strike him down. which I believe is why ole OB1 is the only jedi to disappear when killed

Im sure another star wars geek will have something different but ???

10. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

:rofl:

That made my day dude.

11. YAYitsAndrew

Wayne Brady did a commercial before our showing about something like safe sex. Made me think of him choking a bitch.

And we also had the adventures of sharkboy and lavagirl *puke*

12. wiskerbizkit

wiskerbizkit DH ***** hobo

13. nuG

nuG is having a sexy party

Man, i thought the first part of the movie was horrible. anyone else think that? i mean the last part was good, prob the best part of the new trilogy, but in the begginning it didnt even feel like star wars. maybe it was just because i was high. oh well.